• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amzin

I might end up picking up Lawbreakers, OW has lost it's charm for me and LB looks like it might bring back some of the Unreal Tournament craziness. The lower price point certainly helps.

Tunic would have to get absolutely trashed by reviews for me to not pick it up.

The new footage from DBZ fighters continues to make it the hardest thing to wait for.

Hopefully Indivisible getting a store page means it's well on the way to done, I backed it and haven't really been paying attention to development (but the proof-of-concept demo was enough to sell me). Similar for seeing Bloodstained get shown.

Not actually interested in AoE because AoE 2 is best AoE forever.

Not as much PC news as I expected actually, I saw lots of stuff I hadn't seen before at the MS one, not so much in PC.

jediyoshi

I might end up picking up Lawbreakers, OW has lost it's charm for me and LB looks like it might bring back some of the Unreal Tournament craziness. The lower price point certainly helps.

Not really comparable, closer to something like Quake Champions where every hero is a different shade of offense. They just keep bringing up Overwatch cause it's the big dog.

Amzin

Not really comparable, closer to something like Quake Champions where every hero is a different shade of offense. They just keep bringing up Overwatch cause it's the big dog.

I meant like the speed / aggressiveness more so than the actual shooting I guess. Like maybe it's UT + OW hybrid baby. I haven't tried QC so maybe that's a better comparison, just the gameplay of LB makes me think of my time playing UT back in the day.

Edit: Bonus points to Ubi for actually streaming on YouTube as well so I can have it on in the background at work :p

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Sorry, but you have no proof of what you describe (nobody can know what is in one's mind). There is this good piece about public apology by Rami:

So it is up to each of us to decide to trust someone's apology. Rami seems to appreciate them for instance. I have no intention of buying this game, but I am inclined to trust people and accept apology as sincere by default. Future will tell.

I believe it is preferable to be fooled once by a stupid dev if it means I will give my trust to some other people who can change, apologize and maybe redeem themselves. It has more benefits in the long term.

Also, I really like Rami.

Hey, you do you. But I wouldn't bother linking to the store page every time someone brings up the game's incredibly problematic genesis, though.

We're going to have to wait and see how much of the weird gender politics that were at the early stages of the game's conception is in the final product. Considering that he was retweeting Redpill stuff as recently as within the last 6 months, I don't know.

NeoRaider

Well, that was fast:

R8fFapk.png

So, the new Duke controller that is coming out will be compatible with PC. Could this mean that the OG Xbox Backwards Compatibility may come to PC too? Or I am reading too much into it?

In case anyone isn't aware:

Life is Strange: Before the Storm won't feature Ashly Burch as Chloe.
(from the announcement thread)
Ashly Burch just said on Twitter that she isn't voicing Chloe because of the voice actor's strike, for anyone who was wondering.
Can't get mad at that reason. Hope the strike ends soon, and favourably for the actors.

morningbus

So, the new Duke controller that is coming out will be compatible with PC. Could this mean that the OG Xbox Backwards Compatibility may come to PC too? Or I am reading too much into it?

Probably reading too much into it. I imagine the Duke controller is going to piggyback off their regular controllers for compatibility, so it working on W10 is just a byproduct of that.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
where has our god Todd Howard been?
Left Bethesdaland for Nintendoland.
You have to sacrifice some things to get an Elder Scrolls game running on a Nintendo hybrid featuring Link's costume and the Master Sword as Amiibo bonuses.

RIP.

Tomorrow on Nintendo's press-conference: Samus Aran explores The Wasteland.

Amzin

I feel bad for voice actors. They definitely are on the short end of the stick. They're involved in so many of the different things in our lives but it's hard to name more than like a handful off the top of my head and I am pretty sure I pay more attention than most of the population.

Contrast that with traditional actors and yea, sucks.

Wok

Hey, you do you.

You need to use simple English, otherwise I am just like this: 😐.

But I wouldn't bother linking to the store page every time someone brings up the game's incredibly problematic genesis, though.

I only did it once so far. The other link is to Rami's website.

Life is Strange: Before the Storm won't feature Ashly Burch as Chloe.
(from the announcement thread)

Not the same dev as well. Weird move.

Left Bethesdaland for Nintendoland.
You have to sacrifice some things to get an Elder Scrolls game running on a Nintendo hybrid featuring Link's costume and the Master Sword as Amiibo bonuses.

RIP.

Tomorrow on Nintendo's press-conference: Samus Aran explores The Wasteland.

7403239.jpg

jediyoshi

It's not even Microsoft producing the controller, best we'll get are those remasters.

MUnited83

For you.
I believe it is preferable to be fooled once by a stupid dev if it means I will give my trust to some other people who can change, apologize and maybe redeem themselves. It has more benefits in the long term.

Also, I really like Rami.

10 times out of 10, if someone is constantly an asshole and has been an asshole and it's been a proven asshole very recently, and they only start "apologizing" for it the moment they get on a big-ass stage and their bottom-line starts being affected by the fact they are assholes, the apology is a fake one.

dex3108

Randy Pitchford just confirmed on E3 stream that Brothers in Arms is in development but they are not ready to announce it XD

Saty

Why can't the PC show be wall-to-wall announcements, trailers and live gameplay for 2 hours? Flaunt what you got. While i appreciate a different format and having sit-downs with devs, i just want to see as many games as they can cram.

Pachimari

I thought the PC Gaming Conference was great. And I wasn't even interested in all the games, but there was a lot to digest. Best conference so far.

morningbus

You need to use simple English, otherwise I am just like this: 😐

It uses two different versions of "you." The first "you" referring to the generic self, like how someone would say "you over there," without having any implication of the broader self. The second "you" in the sentence is that broader understanding of the self, your hopes, thoughts, beliefs, and ideals.

So, "you do you," meaning you keep performing those things which you consider fundamental to your concept of self.

I only did it once so far. The other link is to Rami's website.
I recognize. It was just a heads up because we still have a ways to go until the game is released and the problems surrounding the game aren't going to go away easily.

morningbus

Mario x Rabbids exists in a quantum state for me.

Like, I see Mario doing new things and that gets me excited.

Then I see a rabbid dressed as the Princess and I want the world to end.

Monooboe

Tagging enemies and taking out bases in AC:O sounded very FarCry, not that I mind but thought they would try to keep them apart alittle more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom