• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monster Hunter World did nothing for me. Capcom aint gonna sell much of that game outside MH die hards. OG classic fans are mad, and mainstream just went meh. Then the whole PC launch later is dumb.

Have you read the announcement thread?

These 'die hards' are actually bitching about the game not being a true Monster Hunter.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Capcooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom
tZkO6s2.jpg

SpiderMan looked good but that suit he is wearing is no good.

You know that alternate costumes are either the first dlc they will sell or preorder bonus.

When Ubisoft has the best E3 conference you know this is the darkest timeline.

EA is still the worse so I don't think this is the darkest time line.

I think the lack of Japanese games at these conferences is was killed E3 for me.

Do they need E3?

Capcom WHAT ARE YOU DOING

2827006-dmc_de_screens_021815_05.png

Miss me yet?

tmarg

The trailer for MH World they showed at the Sony conference left out a couple of bits compared to the JP one which is kind of weird https://youtu.be/xe-RAeDfOMM

It's not that weird for Monster Hunter, depending on what was shown. MH usually gets quite a bit of Japan exclusive content.

In any event, that did not look like a good MH game, I really hope this doesn't replace the main series.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Supraball -- MB-C8EDF8FDDA4F3EF4 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat
Do you remember my most favourite PS2 game I completed 35 times? It's getting a remake and it's glorious.

People expect too much from E3, it ain't like the glory days no more. I just go about my bi'ness and look at the thread titles for the ten seconds worth of catch-up.

It is time to accept that Capcom doesn't do AAA budgets anymore.
I mean I can't really even chalk this up to a budgetary thing because wasn't Xrd made on the cheap? It just comes off as plain not caring.

zkylon

zkylewd
shadow of the colossus remake feels like sony had to fill a game quota and figured why not have some free money with it. i'm really curious what the remake can add that's not in the game

also it is kind of strange that capcom doesn't just get platinum to make dmc5 or something

like that'd be free money too

less free money than if they made it themselves i guess but it's still more than zero

Oh, shit, I might double dip.

idk what's in it but the cover looks so good

Having new hardware and not having old hardware.
?

I liked what I played of Lawbreakers, but the character designs are something of a war crime.

It's nice that buff female characters are becoming more of a thing in games though can we fast forward through this phase of giving them the worst hair

W3tQVYJ.png

I liked what I played of Lawbreakers, but the character designs are something of a war crime.

It's nice that buff female characters are becoming more of a thing in games though can we fast forward through this phase of giving them the worst hair

I mean, they're a bunch of law breakers.

Ludens

Banned
Well, I've never played it so I guess I can use this as my first time but the price seems really high for just redoing the graphics so I'll probably just wait until the price goes down.

Wait, did Sony release a price? I expect it to be 40€ since it's a remastered.

zkylon

zkylewd
man that mario thing looks so cool

the jumping stuff looks like some crazy disgaea mechanic

Oh, you're proposing something even lazier from them. In that case, who knows why they'd want to make a thing look nicer 🤷
a port is not lazy, it's super justified in an era like this where games are easier to port than ever. get all the games everywhere so most people can enjoy them

remaking a perfectly fine game that aged well and had its biggest issues fixed by remasters feels like a waste of money to me

would love if that money went to making something new and relevant instead

Well Zky, for one they could add all the colossi that were planned but not included in the final game.
i never felt like the game was lacking colossi (if anything i felt there were a couple too many)

MUnited83

For you.
man that mario thing looks so cool

the jumping stuff looks like some crazy disgaea mechanic

a port is not lazy, it's super justified in an era like this where games are easier to port than ever. get all the games everywhere so most people can enjoy them

remaking a perfectly fine game that aged well and had its biggest issues fixed by remasters feels like a waste of money to me

i never felt like the game was lacking colossi (if anything i felt there were a couple too many)
Bluepoint doesn't do new games, they do remasters and remakes.

Ascheroth

Have you read the announcement thread?

These 'die hards' are actually bitching about the game not being a true Monster Hunter.
I think it's kind of silly to extrapolate what the game will and won't be in detail from this reveal trailer. It was apparent that this was just showing a number of things off instead of being a representation of actual gameplay. I guess you can fault Capcom for doing it that way, but I think many reactions are just knee-jerk since it's not on portables and the game is under the umbrella of 'westernization', which has the negative connotation of 'dumbing down' associated with it, but again, I don't think the trailer showed enough to assess it properly.

jediyoshi

Who said a port is lazy? How is porting not relatively more lazy than a remaking? We don't know the budget/effort that went into this, who's to say the remaster didn't pave the way for this to occur in the first place or didn't reduce the overall development time? Again, who knows why they'd want to make something look nicer or take advantage of new hardware.

I think it's kind of silly to extrapolate what the game will and won't be in detail from this reveal trailer. It was apparent that this was just showing a number of things off instead of being a representation of actual gameplay. I guess you can fault Capcom for doing it that way, but I think many reactions are just knee-jerk since it's not on portables and the game is under the umbrella of 'westernization', which has the negative connotation of 'dumbing down' associated with it, but again, I don't think the trailer showed enough to assess it properly.

True. People instantly draw a conclusion from a reveal trailer that's showing the new features, of course they won't find the regular features there. Just wait for a proper gameplay video then we can talk.

I never thought I would say that ubisoft to me(at this moment) had the best press conference. Feels like I'm in a twilight zone episode.

You kinda are. :)

Assassins Creed: Origins looked like a complete bore.
Skull & Bones looked terribles.
The Crew 2 didn't look like they showed the actual game.
Beyond & Good Evil 2 was just weird. A CG trailer for an online focused prequel, that might be Early Access?
Far Cry 5 was....more Far Cry.

PC Gaming Show was the winner, despite Intel trying their best to destroy that.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I know this is random but do we know the dates for the steam summer sale yet?

Now why would that be random in the Steam thread?

http://whenisthenextsteamsale.com/ -- June 22.

More or less confirmed by multiple Steam devs here and on reddit. But not officially because that would be breaking NDA.

What is the newest file space analysis program? One I use doesn't seem to be update anymore.

There was a discussion about this in the last thread with lots of recommendations. I still use and like WinDirStat but it's pretty dated looking.

zkylon

zkylewd
They don't want to, that's not what the studio is about. It's a dev team that specializes in remasters.

who doesn't want to make games

pls!

Who said a port is lazy? How is porting not relatively more lazy than a remaking? We don't know the budget/effort that went into this, who's to say the remaster didn't pave the way for this to occur in the first place or didn't reduce the overall development time? Again, who knows why they'd want to make something look nicer or take advantage of new hardware.
i just think a remake is pointless

like that's not a game that needs a remake

jediyoshi

i just think a remake is pointless

like that's not a game that needs a remake

I just think it'd be weird if they moved a critically acclaimed forward to a new platform so more people could play it and then didn't touch it up in some way to take advantage of the hardware. 🤷

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom