• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:

- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Small Radios Big Televisions -- MB-2AE15FEB0819901F - Taken by Popstar. 3 entrants total.
Volgarr the Viking -- MB-3C527DF35D76F7D2 - Taken by sixteen-bit. 2 entrants total.
Westerado: Double Barreled -- MB-B60A328B8BFB2A16 - Taken by Sarcasm. 3 entrants total.

t1497356950z1.png

MilkBeard

The Metro Redux bundle is on sale for $7.50 (US price) for about 7 more hours. I had to pick it up, 2 games for 7.50 is not bad.

After seeing the trailer for the new game, my interest was certainly piqued; looked really cool. Figured I'd give the series a shot. Game is pretty good so far, I'm liking the atmosphere.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
dat Undertale is Canonical thread

I feel like I'm a furry that missed the "furry games" shit like Five Night at Freddy's, Undertale, and Night into the Woods. Like, I heard about them but they never clicked with me and felt they weren't up to my tastes.

fantomena

I think the game of the show so far for me is actually Mario + Rabbids. XCOM style combat + those smooth animation + those gameplay options = holy fucking shit.

I feel like I'm a furry that missed the "furry games" shit like Five Night at Freddy's, Undertale, and Night into the Woods. Like, I heard about them but they never clicked with me and felt they weren't up to my tastes.
Undertale has a buff seahorse man with like a 12 pack

k4XmsJH.png

You know, I'm surprised Namco brings this to PC but still no word on the Digimon games.

It's actually not that surprising, if it's developped par CC2. I think Bamco choose the PC releases depending on the team handling the work and the IP. If it's a game that runs on a multiplatform engine, then PC is guaranteed. If it's a big IP or a game they have big hopes for West, it's PC too. Games like Digimon or Gundam are localized for the sake of localization and good will toward fans.

Coreda

FNAF is considered a furry game by the furry community or just others? Hadn't really considered creepy plush toys would fall into that category.

Vastag

I cautiously hyped with the PC Monster Hunter. I have been a casual MH player since the PSP days and I would love to have it on PC:

AHA-Lambda

I think the game of the show so far for me is actually Mario + Rabbids. XCOM style combat + those smooth animation + those gameplay options = holy fucking shit.

yeah that thing looked surprisingly great, and is the most convincing case for me to own a switch so far

fantomena

yeah that thing looked surprisingly great, and is the most convincing case for me to own a switch so far

I mean, I was legit so insanely suprised. I saw all those rumor threads, clicked on one saw the cover, "meh'd" the shit out of the thread. Never cared about it. Thought it was going to be one of those boring, medicore looking party games, so I simply never cared about it.

But holy shit was I wrong. Everything looks so great. The graphics looks so good and clean too.

It uses the XCOM combat system which Im very happy for, but in the gameplay video the showed, thay had so many more gameplay options. Using the pipes to get around the battlefield, using your other companions to extend the field of where to go etc.

So far, the games of E3 to me has been Metro Exodus, Shadow of Colossus Remake, Mario + Rabbids, Spider-Man and Detroit (always loved Cage games for some reason, Heavy Rain is one of my favorite PS3 games).

So I'll see after Nintendos direct today what will be me personal game of E3 2017.

So far Im happy that I sold my Xbone for a Switch. Now I'll get to play Mario + Rabbids and all Xbox platform exclusives are coming to PC.

NEO0MJ

Sorry for bumping this, but I feel I need an answer before moving forward.

Felt I needed to post this here as well.

So I borrowed a friend's portable hard disk to copy my steam files but when I scanned it the thing seems to have been full of Trojan and malware programs. My laptop auto opens portable storage so is there a chance my laptop is infected as well? Did a full system scan but it's not complete and I'm at work now so I don't know the results yet.
Is formatting it the best option? He said it's ok to do that.

Anteater

Spider man looks great, the QTEs are just for cinematic stuff and doesn't look annoying to me. Kind of reminds me of that new bionic commando game + arkham

Still haven't bought a ps4 tho, I wish there are good Pro bundles out there

Hektor

29th August
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (Switch)
XCOM2: War of the Chosen (PC, Console)
Yakuza Kiwami (PS4)

31th August
Life Is Strange: Before the Storm — Episode 1 (PC, Console)

14th September
Divinity: Original Sin II (PC)

15th September
Dishonored 2: Death Of The Outsider (PC, Console)

26th September
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (PC, PS4)

28th September
Total War: Warhammer II (PC)

29th September
Cuphead (PC, XBOX1)

10th October
Middle-earth: Shadow of War (PC, Console)

13th October
The Evil Within 2 (PC, Console)

17th October
South Park: The Fractured but Whole (PC, Console)

27th October
Assassin's Creed: Origins (PC, Console)
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (PC, Console)

:laverne:

Tizoc

Felt I needed to post this here as well.

So I borrowed a friend's portable hard disk to copy my steam files but when I scanned it the thing seems to have been full of Trojan and malware programs. My laptop auto opens portable storage so is there a chance my laptop is infected as well? Did a full system scan but it's not complete and I'm at work now so I don't know the results yet.
Is formatting it the best option? He said it's ok to do that.
If u r using windows defender it should catch any dangerous viruses and let you get rid pf them
As for their hdd, i recommend reformating tbh
Do another scan just to be safe

Coreda

Sorry for bumping this, but I feel I need an answer before moving forward.

There's always some risk associated with inserting unfamiliar USB devices. Depends on what the malware is capable of, as it still has to be run somehow. The only thing besides loading the drive contents and firmware that Windows autoruns (when enabled) is the autorun.ini afaik, so you could always check that in a text editor to see if it contains anything suspicious. On the more stealthy side though there are methods that can re-write the firmware to silently act as a kb to get up to mischief so I guess you can't rule everything out. I normally plug in such USBs into a separate, non-Windows OS first but I'm overly cautious in that way.

ArjanN

FNAF is considered a furry game by the furry community or just others? Hadn't really considered creepy plush toys would fall into that category.

Honestly I think that's just the community running with anything that has anthropomorphized characters.

FNAF is clearly based on the unintentionally creepy Chucky Cheese type mascots.

That's true, I dislike QTE's generally.

The setpiece was definitely a QTE fest but traversal seems really fun and combat seems to be lifted from the Arkham games. I think the game loks really promising.

Man, God of War looks insane, gonna be an awesome ride.

I'm actually glad sony took it easy on new announcements lol, I feel so overwhelmed.

I'm still knee deep in Persona 5 and Tits 3rd and will be for the foreseeable future.
I'd really like to catch up with all the stuff released earlier this year like Yakuza 0, Horizon and Gravity Rush 2. Can't believe 2 more Yakuzas are on the way within the next 9 months. Fuck me.
I hope the prices on these games are low enough that I can afford them by the time I'm done with P5.

Really Hyped for Metro, TEW2 and Wolfenstein, I wonder if my PC will be able to run them though, don't think I'll be able to afford a new gpu.
More XCom is also great news.

The Metro Redux bundle is on sale for $7.50 (US price) for about 7 more hours. I had to pick it up, 2 games for 7.50 is not bad.

After seeing the trailer for the new game, my interest was certainly piqued; looked really cool. Figured I'd give the series a shot. Game is pretty good so far, I'm liking the atmosphere.

I think they're among the best FPS campaigns ever made. A total steal for that price.

fantomena

The setpiece was definitely a QTE fest but traversal seems really fun and combat seems to be lifted from the Arkham games. I think the game loks really promising.

Man, God of War looks insane, gonna be an awesome ride.

I'm actually glad sony took it easy on new announcements lol, I feel so overwhelmed.

I'm still knee deep in Persona 5 and Tits 3rd and will be for the foreseeable future.
I'd really like to catch up with all the stuff released earlier this year like Yakuza 0, Horizon and Gravity Rush 2. Can't believe 2 more Yakuzas are on the way within the next 9 months. Fuck me.
I hope the prices on these games are low enough that I can afford them by the time I'm done with P5.

Really Hyped for Metro, TEW2 and Wolfenstein, I wonder if my PC will be able to run them though, don't think I'll be able to afford a new gpu.
More XCom is also great news.

Fake Kaz is mostly right, release the already announced exclusives before announcing new ones.

AHA-Lambda

29th August
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (Switch)
XCOM2: War of the Chosen (PC, Console)
Yakuza Kiwami (PS4)

31th August
Life Is Strange: Before the Storm — Episode 1 (PC, Console)

14th September
Divinity: Original Sin II (PC)

15th September
Dishonored 2: Death Of The Outsider (PC, Console)

26th September
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (PC, PS4)

28th September
Total War: Warhammer II (PC)

29th September
Cuphead (PC, XBOX1)

10th October
Middle-earth: Shadow of War (PC, Console)

13th October
The Evil Within 2 (PC, Console)

17th October
South Park: The Fractured but Whole (PC, Console)

27th October
Assassin's Creed: Origins (PC, Console)
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (PC, Console)

Yeah this fall suddenly got a whole lot more interesting. And i thought it was going to be rather quiet until I saw Wolfenstein 2, TEW 2, Dishonored DLC, Life is Strange prequel, Tacoma, Cuphead.
Before I just thought I was getting only South Park =/

It's good stuff even if this E3 has delivered few and far between on surprises or interesting AAA stuff.
I'll go against the grain here but I'm not overly enthused with the Spiderman reveal after seeing all those QTEs and the Arkham combat.

Knurek

You know what would be awesome? If Humble continued last week's Sekai Project bundle with a Humble Mangagamer Steam Bundle. Umineko + Higurashi + Fata Morgana + Kindred Spirits on the Roof + Gakhtun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom