• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Ooblets is so fucking good to play. It's really funny. Can't wait for it to be a full game.

Sakuna is looking good. The juggle system looks fun.

xDwkmBr.gif

E3 trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVlcsqVmMgM

This is actually really fun to play. I don't like anime or beat-em-ups and combat felt great.

Nice to hear. Thanks for the impressions.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Nice to hear. Thanks for the impressions.

The ribbon thing is used for platforming as well as combat and it feels great in both. Combat is highly directional (two attack buttons + special, and all attacks can be modified with a directional modifier) so you can really bat enemies around a bunch. There was an AI bug where I got a bunch of monsters to repeatedly walk into spikes, which was hilarious. Jumping felt good. There seems to be an item pickup system because I found a vein of ore I could beat up to mine. The boss in the demo was a giant ugly frog or puked blobs of oil at me, and there were enemies who shot flaming arrows, and the flaming arrows could light the oil on fire, damaging enemies and me alike. I had great fun bouncing everything around.

Then when I beat the demo the game informed me that actually only half the game is a platformer beat-em-up, the rest is like a farm simulator or something????

Nabs

The platforming/beat 'em up stuff sounds right up my alley. The rice harvesting... not so much. I guess we'll see how it all plays when it comes out.

Eila

I'm a bit confused by the Sakuna game. I remember it from a comiket video some time ago, but was that the full release? Or is the game still in development and that was just a demo?

With the recent Mercurysteam news what's the best article on what the fuck happened with Lords of Shadows 2 as someone who loved the first game.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

However good this looks on stream, it looks even better in person. It's absurd how good this is. Not only does everything visually look BETTER than the actual cartoon, not only is it one of the most fluid feeling fighters I've ever seen, it's also super dynamic... Any time something happens in match there are these great camera cut moments like the ones you see in this gif. Like, it doesn't even distract from the fighting, it just feels right. Just nuts. Huge lines for it today.

Pachimari

Do you know when you have been playing a game, stopped midway through, and left it for months, and then you come back and suddenly can't remember what has happened until then, how it controls and what you were up to when you left? I am currently right there in Wolfenstein: The New Order. The announcement of the sequel got me back into the mood, and now I'm thinking of jumping back in, but I might as well start all over as I don't remember much of what has happened up until Chapter 9. And that kinda makes me dread starting back up. Anyway, here goes, back to Wolfenstein: The New Order:

I wanna start completing some of my games, so let's see how it goes.

Vibranium

Banned
Do you know when you have been playing a game, stopped midway through, and left it for months, and then you come back and suddenly can't remember what has happened until then, how it controls and what you were up to when you left? I am currently right there in Wolfenstein: The New Order. The announcement of the sequel got me back into the mood, and now I'm thinking of jumping back in, but I might as well start all over as I don't remember much of what has happened up until Chapter 9. And that kinda makes me dread starting back up. Anyway, here goes, back to Wolfenstein: The New Order:

Be sure to save Fergus, he's one of the best characters and has great dialogue.

Kudo

Nioh is so fucking hard, the third boss obliterates me in one combo stream.

It definitely is hard, only tip I can give you is to take a look at your gear - Light, Medium and Heavy armor make a huge difference in the game, not just fashion. I usually opted to wearing Heavy with one piece being Light to keep myself from weight limit.

I just finished it over the weekend. It has a handful of lighthearted moments, but it's really a bleak and oppressive game. It is very sad and lonely emotionally and literally; there are long stretches going through underground sewers where there isn't a single thing alive with you. There are lots of Half Life-like feeling moments.

gurm3n

Neo Member

What a beautiful game! Try to finish it without leaving it for other game, since it's not that long. The Old Blood is amazing as well and it's kinda short. Consider getting it if you liked TNO. Have fun killing Nazis!

What a beautiful game! Try to finish it without leaving it for other game, since it's not that long. The Old Blood is amazing as well and it's kinda short. Consider getting it if you liked TNO. Have fun killing Nazis!

It was good enough I do want to play The Old Blood, but not anytime soon. The body horror is just too much for me. One neat thing that I don't hear people talk about is that the game is set in two eras, so thankfully the supersoldaten get their exposed parts fully armored. I love how the fashions trend during the game and the uniforms evolve.

When Deathshead says he's going to release the machine men I thought the game was headed to a moment where he opens all the unfinished test tube creatures. Was that the end of The 6th Day? That was gross.

Pachimari

Be sure to save Fergus, he's one of the best characters and has great dialogue.

Ah shit, a bit too late for that. I whose Wyatt the kid.

Yeah, I own The Old Blood already. I'll try not to play any other game until I've finished this one this time.

I just finished it over the weekend. It has a handful of lighthearted moments, but it's really a bleak and oppressive game. It is very sad and lonely emotionally and literally; there are long stretches going through underground sewers where there isn't a single thing alive with you. There are lots of Half Life-like feeling moments.

Yeah, I remember there being some very cool moments, also quiet ones. This one at the asylum in Poland was just straight up slaughter. Man I'm gonna get to Deathshead, and I'm gonna end him!

Should one complete just one of the timelines, or start over to get both timelines?

Ah shit, a bit too late for that. I whose Wyatt the kid.

Yeah, I own The Old Blood already. I'll try not to play any other game until I've finished this one this time.

Yeah, I remember there being some very cool moments, also quiet ones. This one at the asylum in Poland was just straight up slaughter. Man I'm gonna get to Deathshead, and I'm gonna end him!

Should one complete just one of the timelines, or start over to get both timelines?
I chose Fergus and finished that run. Afterwards, as is my tradition, I watched the AGDQ speedrun and they pick Wyatt because his routes are faster. That was enough of that world for me.

Pachimari

I think I'm gonna come up with a new way of managing my game library. Since I've been buying tons of video games without ever finishing them - honestly, I've been completing like 1 to 2 titles per year on average - I've come up with a document where I have made a list of games I want to complete. And also a rule which says I cannot buy a new game until I've finished one. So if I complete Wolfenstein: The New Order, I can go ahead and buy Splatoon 2 next month. And if I complete The Old Blood right after, I can go buy Wolfenstein II in October etc.

My list looks like this currently:

Wolfenstein: The New Order (buy Splatoon 2)
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (buy Wolfenstein II)
Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End (buy Uncharted: The Lost Legacy)
The Evil Within (buy The Evil Within 2)
Until Dawn (buy FIFA 18)
Horizon: Zero Dawn (buy DLC)
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (buy DLC)
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Super Mario Odyssey)
Infamous: Second Son (buy Assassin’s Creed: Origins)

How are you guys managing your game library?

The differences are minor. If you pick one you find health upgrades in the playthrough, pick the other and it's armour upgrades. You get a different member in your resistance group depending on who you choose. And of course, you get the few interactions with the one you save. It doesn't amount to much.

Ascheroth

Monster Hunter World:
Yeah, those new infos sound awesome. Need to see the grapple hook and stealth in action tho, since I'm most wary about those 2 additions.

Dark Souls 2:
Iron Keep was a cool area. 2 fun bosses with the Smelter Demon and the Old Iron King.
Those items atop lava-patches can fuck right off tho.

Anyway, been making my way through The Pit into the Black Gulch. Those are pretty cool areas too.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Huh. I thought they were done with MT Framework, which a lot of people were understandably not 100% behind.

It looks *good*. That's cool.

Mugen08

Been a bit behind on E3 in the last days so watched Sony and Nintendo press conference yesterday. I was somewhat impressed by Microsoft. I still feel no desire to buy any consoles but the specs on the Xbox One X look impressive and the price would not scare me off. Will probably spend around €499 on my next graphics card alone (but I understand that many might not be in such a situation). As a hardware tinkerer, I also think MS hardware montages look quite cool. I think some other good points about MS current stance is raised in this thread. Will get Tacoma on day 1, might have a look at Cuphead, new Ori and new Life is Strange (on chapter 3 in the old one atm).
What's the current consensus on the Win 10 store btw?
From EA I will only get A Way Out unless Battlefront II campaign turns out to be stellar or someone at EA Sports stealth-launch NHL on PC.
If Beyond Good & Evil 2 does not become too Ubisoft-ed that's a given as well. South Park-sequel eventually a buy too.
PC Gaming show just so-so, shame on no AoE4 but Tunic might be alright.
Sony not bad either but again only few games peaked my interest. Would maybe play Spiderman if it was available on PC, but does not look as good as the Arkham-games, yet.
Will probably dust off the olde 3DSXL for Metroid: Return of Samus. If Metroid Prime 4 looks great later it might convince me to pick up a cheap Switch in the future.
E3 often feels a bit dull with all the big players showing off variants of each others blockbuster-shooter, zombie-game, car game etc. Most of them are also way too big and want to offer infinite playtime, quantity over quality in many cases. I got Zelda: BotW on launch and just finished it last Sunday so can't bother with too many of those. So will mainly keep playing the indies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom