• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone remember that Windows gaming tablet thingy from last year or so?

I wonder if that'll be capable of running Monster Hunter World decently.

That might be the answer for people who's missing portability from the new entry.

Which one ?
Also, It may run on GPD Win considering it's on MT Framework. Higher chances with a GPD Win 2. :")

Sounds like good additions. Still a bit sceptical about the design of the choosen, and I hope it's explained why they're so humanoid. But other then that, it sounds awesome. The things being added seems to be things to make the campaign even more dynamic, and that it's more unlikely that you "max out" everything in the same campaign.

Which one ?
Also, It may run on GPD Win considering it's on MT Framework. Higher chances with a GPD Win 2. :")

I'm not sure, that's why I'm asking. What's the most powerful Windows handheld in the market right now?

GDP Win with intelHD looks underpowered though. Yeah, if there were a slightly more powerful GDP Win it would be awesome.

Grief.exe

I thought you owned a 3DS.

I actually do own a 3DS, and a Switch, but I've never played Monster Hunter. I went out and got Monster Hunter 4 during a sale, but I never actually dove into it.

Anyone remember that Windows gaming tablet thingy from last year or so?

I wonder if that'll be capable of running Monster Hunter World decently.

That might be the answer for people who's missing portability from the new entry.

I'm not sure, that's why I'm asking. What's the most powerful Windows handheld in the market right now?

GDP Win with intelHD looks underpowered though. Yeah, if there were a slightly more powerful GDP Win it would be awesome.

Ya GPD Win.

Monster Hunter World looks fairly graphically intensive, might be tough to get working on either GPD Win models, but it is MT Frameworks.

Is mvc inf on mt frameworks?

Capcom should have contracted MVC out to Ark Sys.

Tonton

Ok looking up some details about Monster Hunter World I'm actually feeling a bit more hopeful for it and actually getting excited for it

The late release on PC and no Crossplay fucking blows tho

Pls have a community on PC
All you guys better buy it

Also I might need to get myself a headset what's something cheap and good

Tizoc

I actually do own a 3DS, and a Switch, but I've never played Monster Hunter. I went out and got Monster Hunter 4 during a sale, but I never actually dove into it.

Ya GPD Win.

Monster Hunter World looks fairly graphically intensive, might be tough to get working on either GPD Win models, but it is MT Frameworks.

Capcom should have contracted MVC out to Ark Sys.
Or stuck to a visual style similar to umvc3

RinNowaru

Banned
Ok looking up some details about Monster Hunter World I'm actually feeling a bit more hopeful for it and actually getting excited for it

The late release on PC and no Crossplay fucking blows tho

Pls have a community on PC
All you guys better buy it

Also I might need to get myself a headset what's something cheap and good

Blame Sony for crossplay

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-cross-play-with-xbox-one-and-nintendo-switch
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2017-rocket-league-cross-play-for-xbox-one-swit/1100-6450903/

louiedog

The Samsung Steam Link app is somehow the most excited I've been about anything during this e3, but I guess it might be partly because it's available now. So far it's working great for me.

Do you know when you have been playing a game, stopped midway through, and left it for months, and then you come back and suddenly can't remember what has happened until then, how it controls and what you were up to when you left?

My solution to this is to play one game at a time and finish it before moving on. Helps keep me focused and actually finish some of the games I keep buying all the time.

Watch it be locked to 30 fps.

MH4U was 60fps (most of the time). MHG was 30fps. Even on the goddamn 3DS you could tell the difference in the feel of the combat. It will be criminally stupid if they lock the framerate of the PC version to 30.

But it is the next "main title", worked on by the main team.

I don't think streamlining is necessarily equal to casualization either.
But anyway, need to see an in-depth gameplay video to judge it.

It's a tricky situation because I feel that the entire appeal of Monster Hunter is how technical the combat is. The game has a perfectly tuned difficulty curve that requires the player to get better to succeed and proceed further. You will hit a wall if your own skill does not improve while playing it. This is why MH remains so popular even though there are so many other clones out there, some of which even have quality of life and other improvements over MH. None of them manage to replicate that one aspect that makes MH so addictive.

So I can understand why some folks are apprehensive that they might 'dumb down' the game. But like you said, we haven't actually seen any proper combat video yet so it's too early to tell which direction they will take the game in.

Sarcasm

So just checking out Destiny 2 PC and I noticed this:

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Destiny-2-PC-Region-Definitions

Now I live in Taiwan (US citizen though). For many years now.

My battle account is from the states. Played WoW near launch. When the battle thing went up was quick to made one. Even D3 was purchased with US CC.

I made one purchase here from Taiwan and that worked.

Wonder if buying D2 with local currency will work just fine...and play in the NA region?

Tonton

Sony allows crossplay with PC tho, they could have done like Rocket League where they had PS4<->PC<->XB1

Monster Hunter is going to sell bananas on PC, I wouldn't worry about population size.
I'm not that sure tbh the monhun clones on steam didn't do anything spectacular

Ascheroth

I'm not that sure tbh the monhun clones on steam didn't do anything spectacular
Well they are just clones. And there are just 2 :p
Where Toukiden is a Koei game, so it's numbers are irrelevant in any comparison anyway and I don't think God Eater was all that hot even on consoles.

Tonton

Well they are just clones. And there are just 2 :p
Where Toukiden is a Koei game, so it's numbers are irrelevant in any comparison anyway and I don't think God Eater was all that hot even on consoles.

Yeah, I know those two probably are way below MH sales in consoles too but I don't think there's anything really indicating MH will be out of the ordinary on PC and at its peak in the west MH did around 1M

Like I'm not expecting it to bomb on PC, but I'm also not expecting something like Dark Souls either

Senran Kagura Peach Beach looks way better than I expected.

235px-PeachBeachIcon-MKDD.png

?

Nabs

That feel when you get an email from PCGamer saying you won a game and it's a Windows Store copy of Cities: Skylines.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
HOLY SHIT BUY DANGERZONE RIGHT NOW

It runs on my i3 machine which still shocks me

Doesnt look like there is much valuable content to play with and visually speaking is not that pleasing when its only 1 location to play in that is not really that interesting to begin with.

Nabs

I don't see Persona happening anytime soon, but Yakuza makes too much sense. I'd definitely pick up 0 if it hit Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom