• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eila

Sega did deliver with Platinum stuff, but personally I'm not a fan of stealth releases. Hope they announce the next game with time.

Ok looking up some details about Monster Hunter World I'm actually feeling a bit more hopeful for it and actually getting excited for it
Im hoping the charge blade that was introduced in MH4 is in, out of all the weapons introduced up to this point its the only one that really clicks with me. Also hope theres a demo but i doubt that will happen

Eila

To think we'd have Yakuza on PC years ago if Binary Domain didn't perform so terribly...

BD has a very unappealing presentation, like those terrible late 2000s western shooters.
Yakuza is HNNNNNNNNNG. I want to play it just for the locations.

Tonton

Im hoping the charge blade that was introduced in MH4 is in, out of all the weapons introduced up to this point its the only one that really clicks with me. Also hope theres a demo but i doubt that will happen

I hope there's a demo too, and I think there's a chance since I think all the 3DS games had demos

They said there are 14 weapon types, including the Charge Blade and Insect Glaive so I think it'll be the same weapons as Mh4

To think we'd have Yakuza on PC years ago if Binary Domain didn't perform so terribly...

I remember when BD came out someone asked why BD and not Yakuza and Sega answered along the lines that BD is " pew pew shoot shoot" game that PC-gamers would appreciate and Yakuza is more slow paced.

ezodagrom

Well, guy was pro at trying to make sure no one gets it I believe. Considering that Deep Silver managed to convince SEGA to have a XB1 SKU for Valkyria Revolution, you know that the so called PC push from Hardin was bs.
PC push from Hardin?
I think you may be confusing with someone else, Hardin is an ex Atlus PR that did the opposite of a PC push.

PC Ports?

oh-wait-youre-serious-let-me-laugh-even-harder_t269x200.jpg
https://twitter.com/johnlhardin/status/816339149879799814

Pachimari

My solution to this is to play one game at a time and finish it before moving on. Helps keep me focused and actually finish some of the games I keep buying all the time.

Yes. This is what I am gonna try now. I've made a Word document with the games I wanna complete, and then I'll focus on one at a time. And maybe try and not take too long to complete one.

Do anyone know where I can sign up for the Beyond Good and Evil 2 beta? I think I only signed up for the newsletter and now I lost the link, which I can't find anymore.

Yes. This is what I am gonna try now. I've made a Word document with the games I wanna complete, and then I'll focus on one at a time. And maybe try and not take too long to complete one.

Do anyone know where I can sign up for the Beyond Good and Evil 2 beta? I think I only signed up for the newsletter and now I lost the link, which I can't find anymore.

https://betasignup.ubisoft.com/bge2/LogIn?returnUrl=%2fbge2%2f

I signed up but I am wondering how many years until this "alpha" starts.

Cels

hm, in light of this sega pronouncement about PC, wonder if persona 5 is coming to PC anytime before end of 2018 or so

if not i'll just bite the bullet and buy it on ps3 as soon as i see a good sale. don't see myself buying a ps4 anytime soon.

ezodagrom

hm, in light of this sega pronouncement about PC, wonder if persona 5 is coming to PC anytime before end of 2018 or so

if not i'll just bite the bullet and buy it on ps3 as soon as i see a good sale. don't see myself buying a ps4 anytime soon.
If these are games that they're having talks about and haven't actually started working on yet, I wouldn't count on it until at the very least mid to late 2018.
(Bayonetta and Vanquish first appeared on Steam's database over a year before release).

Weird, yesterday I needed 80+ more XP to get to the next level on Steam and today I need 300+. Looking at my badges it looks like the Steam Community badge changed and I no longer have the level 3 badge for it.

Kudo

I think PS4 version uses same textures as PS3 version so it's not like you'll miss anything unless they rework the game for PC, which I honestly doubt.
Character models should look nicer on higher resolution but it's not exactly a graphical masterpiece, it's more about that style it pulls off so well.

So here's what I've learned from this years e3. People will claim they'd rather companies not announce games early but come conferences time "SHOW ME THAT SWEET LOGO FOR A GAME I WONT SEE FOR A FEW YEARS"

FLD

I'm super skeptical about SEGA Europe's ability to get Yakuza and (especially) Persona on PC, mainly because the Japanese branch doesn't seem to give a shit. But man, it's hard not to get my hopes up after they finally delivered on both Bayo and Vanquish...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Lost Sphear is looking really good and is super relevant to my interests. It seems like they took in a lot of fan-feedback from I Am Setsuna and incorporated into this game. The biggest and most exciting change (for me at least) is the battle system allowing you to free-move before attacking.

I know that like Setsuna this game is going to be overpriced for what it is, but I'm really looking forward to it regardless. I'll probably play it on PC first then double-dip on the Switch version since I think it's getting a physical release.

Hektor

But Kiwami is a remake of the first game

Release order > chronological

But going by release order you'd still need to play 0 first.

Kiwami builds on 0's tech, gameplay and gamedesign. The only thing it got in common with the original Yakuza 1 is the story and that one desperately needed the setup from Y0 because the original game did a very poor job at portraying its main villains.

does ps3 emulator work ok?

would be nice to play demons souls again

That PS3 emu in't quite perfect yet

I mean I am doing a lot of PC-port begging, but damn. The portbegging for Switch seems really really big on GAF.

Even in the PC Yakuza/Persona thread people ask for a Switch version first.

Arthea

Lost Sphear is looking really good and is super relevant to my interests. It seems like they took in a lot of fan-feedback from I Am Setsuna and incorporated into this game. The biggest and most exciting change (for me at least) is the battle system allowing you to free-move before attacking.

I know that like Setsuna this game is going to be overpriced for what it is, but I'm really looking forward to it regardless. I'll probably play it on PC first then double-dip on the Switch version since I think it's getting a physical release.

but Setsuna's battle system was nice, they just needed to refine all systems that were kinda not really implemented well there, but potential is tremendous, and better balance..
What Setsuna really needed is more diverse locations, better characterization, better writing,

At least all negativism I've seen was about that, so IDK, to what fans they listened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom