• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanrutcon

but Setsuna's battle system was nice, they just needed to refine all systems that were kinda not really implemented well there, but potential is tremendous, and better balance..
What Setsuna really needed is more diverse locations, better characterization, better writing,

At least all negativism I've seen was about that, so IDK, to what fans they listened.

Setsuna needed a bigger budget and more time. It was a great little...demo.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
but Setsuna's battle system was nice, they just needed to refine all systems that were kinda not really implemented well there, but potential is tremendous, and better balance..
What Setsuna really needed is more diverse locations, better characterization, better writing,

At least all negativism I've seen was about that, so IDK, to what fans they listened.

The game from what I've seen features a ton of diversity in locations (Victorian-era cities, fall themed forests, ancient ruins, waterscapes, etc) which seems loads better than snow and snow-only themed locations Setsuna had such as snow, snowfields, tundras, and ice caves. I consider that to be a major improvement already and they still haven't shown off much of the game or it's scope.

The battle system in Setsuna was nice but like you said they just needed to refine a lot of the systems. For me personally the biggest frustration was character placement since a lot of combos would rely on it but some characters had no real way of knowing where they would end up on the battle field. The ability to move -> attack fixes most of these issues although it has the unfortunate side-effect of slowing combat down somewhat since there is an extra "step". The combat here feels a lot more tactical because characters have different attack ranges (sword cyclone has a red circle with a variable radius based on your stats) that you want to try to encompass as many enemies as possible into. Other characters have guns that shoot in a straight line, so you want to position them in such a way that they can line up with as many enemies as possible. It's vastly improved, in my opinion. They're calling it ATB 2.0.

Another big fault of Setsuna is that the combat relied on too many random factors, I haven't seen any of those systems in Lost Sphear yet but that's probably also a good sign they've either gotten rid of them completely or that they're reworking them and don't have anything to show at this time.

Pachimari

Yeah, soon Beyond Good and Evil 2 will be in our hands. Just beyond the horizon.

What I am most curious about right now is if we will have to create our own character or if there's a protagonist. To me, it makes most sense with a create a character system since we can meet and play with other players online.

Tizoc

Zwei II E3 trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C2EiEOlE5M&feature=youtu.be

Falcom music strikes again, I can't wait to play this X3

EDIT: I cannot get enough of DBFZ
SameIdolizedAmericancreamdraft.gif

Take note of Gohan's super meter on the right; dealing extra damage with the super consumes more meter; 3 stocks for the super, another 2 for extra damage.

Zwei II E3 trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C2EiEOlE5M&feature=youtu.be

Falcom music strikes again, I can't wait to play this X3

EDIT: I cannot get enough of DBFZ
SameIdolizedAmericancreamdraft.gif

Take note of Gohan's super meter on the right; dealing extra damage with the super consumes more meter; 3 stocks for the super, another 2 for extra damage.

According to the gameplay sheets, 3 stocks for the Father-Son Kamehameha and 2 more stocks for the Full Power Father-Son Kamehameha, which you can activate by pressing any button while launching the super.

zkylon

zkylewd
Do members not in your party in Pillars of Eternity gain xp?
pretty sure they don't. you can send them to do missions from your keep and they'll get a lot of xp that way

edit: ppl seem to think they do so maybe i'm wrong. still, send them on missions, that's fun

Pachimari

So I just experienced that my FPS in Wolfenstein: The New Order tanked from 60fps to 20fps while I tried to stream through OBS to my Twitch. Will I have to upgrade my GTX 780 or my i5 processor to get better performance? Isn't it the processor I will need to upgrade?

[edit] No wait a moment, this is so strange. I played Wolfenstein yesterday no problems at 60fps. And even when I am not streaming my FPS is now down to 19-21fps. This is strange, I had absolutely no performance issues yesterday.

[edit 2] Strange, I restarted my computer and now the performance is good. I would like to know why this happened.

[edit 3] Started tanking again when I opened up OBS. I guess it's the streaming making it tank like crazy, even after I have closed down the program.

Teggy

I think so, but I'm not 100% sure.

They should earn XP at a bit of a reduced rate. Maybe like 75% or so. You can supplement it by sending them on Keep quests that pop up from time to time.

pretty sure they don't. you can send them to do missions from your keep and they'll get a lot of xp that way

edit: ppl seem to think they do so maybe i'm wrong. still, send them on missions, that's fun

thx

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

I mean they would be fools not to see the desire out there for those games on PC. The problem is that Sega/Atlus Japan is almost certainly ADAMNATLY against it for whatever backwards-ass reason. Sega Europe have been doing great work these past couple years, so maybe they can finally break down some of those dumb ideas the Japanese side of the company (espeically at Atlus) holds, but I'm not holding my breath. Maybe by the time Persona 6 comes out.

zkylon

zkylewd
the last of us can be quite difficult sometimes. some of the areas where you're just swarmed with armies of one hit kill dudes are kinda frustrating

NeoRaider

Not sure was it mentioned but Life is Strange: Before the Storm Deluxe Edition is $20 on GMG. It's better than Steam, and especially for us in Europe. (25€>18€)

Pachimari

God damn, I exit Wolfenstein: The New Order, and now it has completely messed up my icons on my desktop. They are incredibly huge.

[edit] I figured it wow.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Idle Master was working fine yesterday, but I'm getting this now. Any idea?
Ajs2BKU.png

Looks like a corrupted settings file. Browse to C:\users\[your user name]\appdata\local\ and delete the IdleMaster folder. Then restart Idle Master (you'll probably need to log in again) and it should be working.

Pachimari

Daaaamn, I think somebody just straight up told me that [Wolfenstein: The New Order character spoiler]
Anya doesn't die. So now I know she has plot armor and that there is no risk with her.
Damn I am bummed out. And I didn't pay attention to the Wolfenstein II trailer either, so I couldn't tell anything about any characters. Was I spoiled on that part?

Endruen

Looks like a corrupted settings file. Browse to C:\users\[your user name]\appdata\local\ and delete the IdleMaster folder. Then restart Idle Master (you'll probably need to log in again) and it should be working.

Yep, worked like a charm, thank you!

When pressed about Persona, Clark echoes the above. "Of course, of course—I keep trying to get in ahead of you, I'm trying to guess what you're going to say next. We don't feel that anything is off the table in terms of these conversations. The fact that as an organisation we're having these healthy conversations, they're constructive, we recognise the value, we recognise the value of the community, the IP. The IP has got continued life to grow and get bigger."

Now, maybe it's just me? But isn't this a really diplomatic way of saying "no fucking way?"

Daaaamn, I think somebody just straight up told me that [Wolfenstein: The New Order character spoiler]
Anya doesn't die. So now I know she has plot armor and that there is no risk with her.
Damn I am bummed out. And I didn't pay attention to the Wolfenstein II trailer either, so I couldn't tell anything about any characters. Was I spoiled on that part?
You shouldn't watch the new trailer if you don't want to know what's cannon (unless they account for all choices in WTNO). Finish what you're playing first.

Yes, but you probably would have put it together early in the game anyway.

Pachimari

You shouldn't watch the new trailer if you don't want to know what's cannon (unless they account for all choices in WTNO). Finish what you're playing first.

Yes, but you probably would have put it together early in the game anyway.
I didn't even know that character was in the trailer since I didn't pay any attention whatsoever. Oh well, too bad. I'll continue my playthrough tomorrow and try enjoy it still. I was really warming up to the story and characters. I love the lore, background, plot and all the voice acting.

Not going to lie that news about MH: Generations X not coming stateside has got me massively salty. I really wanted that over the year until World comes to PC. Now I guess I'll just play Generations and Metroid on 3ds.

On the plus side the Steam Sale is in a week, can't wait to get Dishonored.

Finished the main story of Dragon Quest VIII now. Playing it right after VII, I'd have to say that the voice acting made the characters of VIII more compelling, but overall I liked the story and gameplay of VII more. Not sure how much postgame I'll do of VIII. Oddly enough, I kinda want to replay IX now since I don't remember much about it.

Edit: Now! Back to Steam games!

yuraya

Funny how Microsoft can put Xbox Live login on the Switch for Minecraft but they can't do something similar for Steam so that their games aren't exclusive to their store the way they are at launch. So much facepalm from some of these corporations smh.

Ubisoft is the only one with a brain it seems. The way they do it with Uplay on Steam is how it should be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom