• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

I think this Hotline Miami 2/PayDay 2 DLC team up is the one ive seen that works best

I mean, I didnt pre-order hotline miami 2 so I emailed overkill in hopes of getting the DLC content still since thanks to realityexists I got the game on release day, but playing HM2 knowing the content is there in payday actually makes me wanna come back to payday2 as soon as im done with this

it works!

it's probably amazing music + fast paced violence

MUnited83

For you.
I think this Hotline Miami 2/PayDay 2 DLC team up is the one ive seen that works best

I mean, I didnt pre-order hotline miami 2 so I emailed overkill in hopes of getting the DLC content still since thanks to realityexists I got the game on release day, but playing HM2 knowing the content is there in payday actually makes me wanna come back to payday2 as soon as im done with this

it works!

it's probably amazing music + fast paced violence
The payday masks weren't preorder bonuses, they are for everyone who buys the game :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A dude called [unassigned] is trying to add me from yesterday, he even created a new account.

Accounts with that name are just auto-generated spam/phishing bots, although there are probably a few actual people out there using the name as a joke.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Seriously guys, don't let the word "recount" scare you away from voting in the SteamGAF GOTY Awards, even if you didn't vote previously. Everyone is welcome.

derExperte

I hate that buying Hotline Miami 2 is funding a game (Payday 2) that I do not care about in any way. I don't want to play Payday 2 and never will.

Funding? I don't think they any money is being exchanged.

Is it more difficult than the original? It took me a while to beat it but I really enjoyed it.

It starts where 1 left off, I've already died A LOT and there are sections where you can't see far enough and get gunned down. I hope they don't do that too often.

derExperte

Already an update for HM2, 3.6MB. That was fast.

well now I feel dumb about that email THANKS you jerkkkkz

You should. They're laughing about you right now. And are showing your mail around the office. Then they'll pin it to the wall for everyone to see.

From the store:

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Payday 2 Packs
The Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Digital Special Edition also includes free access to the Payday 2 "Jacket Character Pack" that includes the character items and weapons below.

All owners of Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number on Steam - standard or Special Edition - will receive an exclusive mask pack in Payday 2.

PCGamer's review for Hotline Miami 2 is... telling.
It's pretty badly written, it comes off like a high schooler dropping names.
If the original game was the movie Drive—a seductive pop cultural moment, shallow but resonant, a crystallised mood—then this sequel is Nicolas Winding Refn's poorly-received follow-up, Only God Forgives. More complex but less powerful.

Jawmuncher

Evil within was good but not great. To me it was just one of those games that comes and goes. I'm hoping the DLC is too notch. But still going to wait for a sale on the season pass....again.

Salsa

the evil within is the type of game that makes me realize I still love straight up AAA experiences

or maybe I just love mikami a whole bunch

probably that

Dr Dogg

Why just out of curiosity? I just read the review and it's all pretty fair criticism. Only played the first 3 levels so can't really comment but the comments section is a mess by folks more concerned about the score than the arguments to justify them (which stand up on their own without a number in fact). Review scores need to die in a fire as they facilitate the wrong talking points the majority of the time.

Turfster

Why just out of curiosity? I just read the review and it's all pretty fair criticism. Only played the first 3 levels so can't really comment but the comments section is a mess by folks more concerned about the score than the arguments to justify them (which stand up on their own without a number in fact). Review scores need to die in a fire as they facilitate the wrong talking points the majority of the time.

Oh no, I meant as in "well this criticism is pretty much what I expected."
Bloated, unnecessary addition.

Knurek

You could say that the review's score is a... Wrong Number?
PcTzEWBzqiL5u.gif

Old spares.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 24 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Tiestru -- MB-FD0581F23C436D6E - Taken by Lomax
Great Permutator -- MB-EBD4E1CCAB37C001 - Taken by lindarasta
Gentlemen! -- MB-9756F624564CF657 - Taken by chronomac
Gravity Badgers -- MB-DAA21C187FAA6DB3 - Taken by Tesseract
Syberia -- MB-0CA74B2C4B012692 - Taken by Loptous
Muffin Knight -- MB-6A4DAB0B1CF06EAD - Taken by xGreg
Type:Rider -- MB-A14C0086A9C26CA6 - Taken by ExoSoul
Knights of Pen and Paper Plus 1 Edition -- MB-B5A82CF25FB21F7A - Taken by BinaryPork2737
CreaVures -- MB-6A7CE5310EAD3141 - Taken by SSPssp
Scourge: Outbreak -- MB-9CD18C4C7D5643CB - Taken by S1n1st3r
KAMI -- MB-CE68D1114BA4B4AF - Taken by NingenJanai
Syberia II -- MB-4C5E6E4157FE0B25 - Taken by nja
Steel Storm: Burning Retribution -- MB-0A8968AF3C9FB29D - Taken by texhnolyze
Megabyte Punch -- MB-3F573B2DAB21A832 - Taken by Dusk Golem
Solar Struggle -- MB-E90A6A6B99FDEA02 - Taken by Henry Swanson
King Arthur's Gold -- MB-06F7EFD73B4DB761 - Taken by Cozmogramma
Battlepaths -- MB-94ED22470DB31DF7 - Taken by Purkake4
BloodRayne Betrayal -- MB-0D6C429E0CCFEF11 - Taken by kurahador
Catmouth Island -- MB-8021CAF75D414F1E - Taken by Saty
The Ship: Murder Party -- MB-636AD7283622B7C5 - Taken by Belgarion

Master Reboot -- MB-86BFD837E4B22C90 - Taken by Zeeman
Silence of the Sleep -- MB-66E5B5F2B9078301 - Taken by Chreznor
Meltdown -- MB-A389C9DE9687983C - Taken by billmcdougal
Broken Sword 1: Shadow of the Templars The Director's Cut -- MB-7DD6899585D0E0DE - Taken by Spikeboy

Dr Dogg

Oh no, I meant as in "well this criticism is pretty much what I expected."
Bloated, unnecessary addition.

Hahaha fair enough. Be interesting to see how others feel about some of the changes or constrictions a little later on but some of what that review highlights does sound like it takes away from the simplicity, immediacy and consistency that I loved about the first. I may be banging me head into a brick wall time after time but at least I know it's my fault I have a bloody face where as some elements of 2 seem out of your control. Conversely the Eurogamer review highlights similar issues but recommends it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I really like The Evil Within but I don't care about GOTY stuff so you guys can vote for that if you want.

Your vote could be the one that made the difference!

Ground Zeroes at max settings and 60 fps is a thing of beauty. Really made the difference between my previous gpu and my current one obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom