• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

You cant have the old color cartridges in the printer and print out documents?

I had one but i trow it because cartridges are now coded to stop working after expiration date. I thought that i can use only black ink but no i can't because f you give us more money.

Vade

Hmm, Jase, have you seen anything like this yet?

Looks like Valve is cracking down hard on VPN activation of gifts, essentially making a default runtime lock on all steam gifts from a cheaper region:

0ta0BJe.png

So, you could use a VPN to activate a CIS region gift and then play it on w/e region you are actually from? I thought they did away with that when they stopped letting CIS regions gift purchase things for you? Am I months behind on this whole steam lock down?

rtcn63

So i today decided to buy replacement black cartridge for my old HP Printer so i can print simple documents. Price was good i was happy until i went home and installed it. Then i found out that my printer won't work if both cartridges (black and color) are not installed. Damn you money hungry HP.

1) Buy a cheap Brother monochrome laser printer, they get discounted regularly.

2) Pick up high-yield toner from Amazon or Ebay. Fairly priced.

dex3108

1) Buy a cheap Brother monochrome laser printer, they get discounted regularly.

2) Pick up high-yield toner from Amazon or Ebay. Fairly priced.

I can buy cheap replacement HQ cartridges that is not an issue (i paid black one 15$) but why should i need both of them to be able to use printer?

derExperte

Uncharted 4 is delayed, Crystal Dynamics is celebrating now for sure.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015...id=575642838412566528&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785

Awww, that'll ruin my 'one PS4 game worth playing every 6 months' flow. No surprise though.

So i today decided to buy replacement black cartridge for my old HP Printer so i can print simple documents. Price was good i was happy until i went home and installed it. Then i found out that my printer won't work if both cartridges (black and color) are not installed. Damn you money hungry HP.

Don't know if it's greed (my HP printer is actually very cheap even when using genuine ink, other vendors are muuuuch worse) or technical reasons like if you don't have a cartridge installed the ink still in the system will dry out and ruin the printhead. I don't think I've ever owned one that would work with a cartridge missing.

DriftedPlanet

Unconfirmed Member
Midterm week blows. Can't wait for Spring Break next week, lots of games to catch up on. Going to start with A Hat in Time Beta because I've been stoked about that game for a year now, then probably HM2. Any free time I've had lately goes to hanging out with (future) gf, and the rest of my time has been writing papers or studying.

ExoSoul

Banned
I'm fairly new as a active user of Steam so I'll keep my opinion on region locking for myself
cause you wouldn't like it

rtcn63

Even though I had most of my spare cash stolen, I'm inclined to pick up the inevitable PS4/Bloodborne bundle during the holidays. I have Uncharted 3, but still not played it, got it from that PSN free promo awhile back.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wow, so the PS4 really has nothing for me this year except Bloodborne =/

It's not entirely unheard of for games to be announced at E3 and released later in the year. There's little or even arguably zero need for prolonged marketing ramp-ups in this day and age.

AHA-Lambda

It's not entirely unheard of for games to be announced at E3 and released later in the year. There's little or even arguably zero need for prolonged marketing ramp-ups in this day and age.

True we'll just need to see I guess.

I really regret buying a PS4. Should've waited another year.

Same here, since I got my new PC it just sits there and currently there's only one exclusive game I want to play on it =/

r3n4ud

Extra from LazyGuysBundle
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (r3n4ud, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

HassleHeart -- MB-156E3F23728ED6C5 - Taken by Sarcasm

dex3108

Don't know if it's greed (my HP printer is actually very cheap even when using genuine ink, other vendors are muuuuch worse) or technical reasons like if you don't have a cartridge installed the ink still in the system will dry out and ruin the printhead. I don't think I've ever owned one that would work with a cartridge missing.

Print heads are integrated in cartridges so there is no technical reasons it is pure greed.

I posted this in the gaming laptop thread but I think it might be better to ask here.

I have been dancing around with the idea of getting a laptop just for streaming steam games from my desktop. This would be in my house. I just want to be able to pick up and sit somewhere else to play my games. I mostly want to play via a usb wired game pad.

How low end could I realistically go on the laptop and this would still be a realistic option? Any issues I should be concerned about?

My current desktop specs: I7 3770, 12 gigs ram, AMD 7950 with 3gigs, running Windows 8.1. I have a router that can use Wireless N. The desktop is wired gigabit.

I DO NOT want a device like the Shield or a Tablet.

Turfster

I posted this in the gaming laptop thread but I think it might be better to ask here.

I have been dancing around with the idea of getting a laptop just for streaming steam games from my desktop.

Well, depending on the size of the laptop's screen, it would probably only have to be able to decode a 720p stream at speed, which... pretty much every laptop for sale now should be able to do easily.

yuraya

Bloodborne is the only reason I am tempted to pick up a PS4. But no way I'm dishing out $500 for it along with game and PS+. That is just too much to play one game. Gonna wait until next year or 2017 before doing so. It'll have a price reduction and a new slim model by that time + better library.

Its kind of crazy the games that made Playstation what it is today are still not available for the new console. No Gran Turismo, God of War, Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, Crash or Uncharted. Disappointing really.

Parsnip

So runtime activation locks for everything, but not retroactively, is that the gist of it?
I grabbed doa5 from dmix a while ago, I've activated it but it's not out yet, is it safe from all this nonsense?

Nah they're more than likely kicking themselves to a extent.
Since the Exclusivity is now meaningless depending on the full extent of it. Since the whole reason for it was because of UC4.

I don't think UC4 was the exclusivity motivation for CrystalD or Square.
The truckload of money they got from Microsoft probably was.

Grief.exe

2016 is looking like a good time to buy a PS4. I'm glad I waited, ~$500 for one game is just too much to ask. Even if it is From software.

Bloodborne is the only reason I am tempted to pick up a PS4. But no way I'm dishing out $500 for it along with game and PS+. That is just too much to play one game. Gonna wait until next year or 2017 before doing so. It'll have a price reduction and a new slim model by that time + better library.

Its kind of crazy the games that made Playstation what it is today are still not available for the new console. No Gran Turismo, God of War, Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, Crash or Uncharted. Disappointing really.

My friend was talking about picking up Bloodborne and a PS4 the other day, had to drop the news on him that PS+ is required for online play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom