• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen so many people say Hotline Miami is way harder than the first. I completely disagree. I'm blowing through 2 while I played the first the last couple of nights and have nothing but trouble. I can't get past the 10th level on the first one, and I think I'm on level 15 on the new one.

Sigh I'll forever patiently await your arrival on Steam oh sweet prince

Until then, gimme that Bempo pre-order now SEGA!

Also today's my birthday, and anyone who posts that grim reaper pic is blocked forever from getting a chance at earning Crom's Blessings =3
Happy birthday to you!
Happy Wednesday
Pretty nice of you. Much appreciated.
Not my kind of game. I watched some videos and it looked like a endless runner type of game. Only up.
More power to those who enjoy themselves.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Pretty nice of you. Much appreciated.
Not my kind of game. I watched some videos and it looked like a endless runner type of game. Only up.
More power to those who enjoy themselves.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? O_O

are you sure you're thinking of the same game?

Ori is a metroidvania!! ;)

Sigh I'll forever patiently await your arrival on Steam oh sweet prince

Until then, gimme that Bempo pre-order now SEGA!

Also today's my birthday, and anyone who posts that grim reaper pic is blocked forever from getting a chance at earning Crom's Blessings =3

Happy birthday!

May Sega grant us your wish.

Shadownet

Banned
If you are the winner and want the characters pack as well. PM me and I'll send you the code. good luck.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shadownet, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Talisman: Digital Edition -- MB-C135D855F1086424 - Taken by Akuosa

I've seen so many people say Hotline Miami is way harder than the first. I completely disagree. I'm blowing through 2 while I played the first the last couple of nights and have nothing but trouble. I can't get past the 10th level on the first one, and I think I'm on level 15 on the new one.
There are more open space than the first game, getting shot from off-screen can be annoying sometimes. The game forces me to anticipate their locations through trial and error, I found myself shooting at their approximate locations off-screen a lot, but game is still fun.

Zeliard

I'm at scene 12 I believe and I wouldn't necessarily say it's tougher than the first in most respects, but I would say the level design is a step back. Bit too many off-screen gunblasts where shift-look can't possibly get you broad enough vision, leading to more trial and error than should be necessary. There wasn't nearly as much of that in the first game.

ExoSoul

Banned
I lost my marker with the instructions to create a giveaway so no rules on this one (not that it deserved any xD). Anyway its a code I forgot I had.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ExoSoul, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

GunWorld == -- MB-6CC90DEBC24AE268 - Taken by Kurt Russell

Maniac

Banned
Does any of you guys know of a tool that could help fix some problems I'm having? GeForce Experience picks up all the old versions / locations of stuff I've moved with Steammover. Does the TikiOne Cleaner help or am I down to manually removing the old folders? :p

Stuff:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition -- MB-D729604C0DBF8EE1 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 6 entrants total.

t1426130310z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does any of you guys know of a tool that could help fix some problems I'm having? GeForce Experience picks up all the old versions / locations of stuff I've moved with Steammover. Does the TikiOne Cleaner help or am I down to manually removing the old folders? :p

TKC just removes redists.

Maniac

Banned
TKC just removes redists.

Oh right... Well, darn. Guess I'll have to do it the ole fashion way whenever I get off my butt.

PS: CITIES: SKYLINES IS AWESOME.

I'm also incredibly bad at it. I bankrupted my first city in 10-15 min. My second one got ruined by decease, pollution and fires in about 30 minutes This may or may not have to do with the fact that I was experimenting with the various systems and put the water pump further down-stream than the drain-pipes. :3

My newest one has lasted an hour and is thriving, though! :'D

Except for a series of fires, but we don't talk about those...

JaseC

Is there some kind of plugin that tells me if I can buy a gift for a friend in another country?

If you're not in one of these countries:

Added traderegions

csa/countries/ar: 1
csa/countries/bo: 1
csa/countries/br: 1
csa/countries/bs: 1
csa/countries/bz: 1
csa/countries/cl: 1
csa/countries/co: 1
csa/countries/cr: 1
csa/countries/ec: 1
csa/countries/gt: 1
csa/countries/gy: 1
csa/countries/hn: 1
csa/countries/mx: 1
csa/countries/ni: 1
csa/countries/pa: 1
csa/countries/pe: 1
csa/countries/py: 1
csa/countries/sr: 1
csa/countries/sv: 1
csa/countries/uy: 1
csa/countries/ve: 1
rcis/countries/am: 1
rcis/countries/az: 1
rcis/countries/by: 1
rcis/countries/ge: 1
rcis/countries/kg: 1
rcis/countries/kz: 1
rcis/countries/md: 1
rcis/countries/ru: 1
rcis/countries/tj: 1
rcis/countries/tm: 1
rcis/countries/ua: 1
rcis/countries/uz: 1
sea/countries/id: 1
sea/countries/my: 1
sea/countries/ph: 1
sea/countries/sg: 1
sea/countries/th: 1
try/countries/tr: 1

...then you can send gifts internationally just fine.

wilflare

what sorcery is going on with JaseC and the JP Steam Store?

----
and so I got an offer for my Soundblaster Zx
I should just really go with it and get one of those cheap soundcards you guys mentioned right?

If you're not in one of these countries:

...then you can send gifts internationally just fine.

I am. :( I checked the steamdb entry for Cities Skylines and didn't see "AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting" for any its packages. One of the packages had "PurchaseRestrictedCountries" but it didn't have my country.

I can buy JP-specific subs for some reason. I have dual Steam citizenship!
Maybe Steam is returning to the metagame. Account perks for every thousand games owned.

1,000: preferred customer support
2,000: sale errors in your favour
4,000: Japan all-access

Shade

Some old extras. Should be unused.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- You don't have to send a Thank you Msg, but if you want I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shade, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

EvilQuest -- MB-EE5AB7F0DF0E0984 - Taken by rainking187. 3 entrants total.
Containment The Zombie Puzzler -- MB-FD35C295249B1D49 - Taken by Madn. 2 entrants total.
Overcast Walden and the Werewolf -- MB-203CD7ABECD89983
Duke Nukem -- MB-7C80E849B027B5D8 - Taken by Syphon Filter. 1 entrants total.
Duke Nukem Manhattan Project -- MB-58EB80F09B7C9D93 - Taken by Kuroyume. 2 entrants total.
Duke Nukem 2 -- MB-64B9A7A7362454F4 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 2 entrants total.
Dustforce -- MB-20DFD400245E9F97 - Taken by texhnolyze. 2 entrants total.
Postmortem One Must Die -- MB-B59DD58BD36FC874 - Taken by Akuosa. 2 entrants total.
Viscera Cleanup Detail Santa's Rampage -- MB-933D0143FBF851C4 - Taken by ArynCrinn. 2 entrants total.
Cubetractor -- MB-AEE30C2FA0F865CC - Taken by thereisnoif. 1 entrants total.

t1426131750z1.png

JaseC

I am. :( I checked the steamdb entry for Cities Skylines and didn't see "AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting" for any its packages. One of the packages had "PurchaseRestrictedCountries" but it didn't have my country.

As of late last year, any newly-bought gifts have ACRTAG applied by default, and as of yesterday it also acts a runtime-level lock in addition to an activation-level one (games you buy for your own account are not region-locked, however, just gift copies).

How much does openCanvas 6 count in Japan? :D

There's no JP-specific sub, but to answer your question it's roughly USD$41. I chased down a cheaper copy of 5.5 last year as owners of that were given 6 for free.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Speevy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ori and the Blind Forest -- MB-7D307FEAFEBBCF5C - Taken by CheesecakeRecipe. 79 entrants total.

t1426135290z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Reposting for the "night crowd"

jHvBOTN.png

Welcome to the 2nd SteamGAF (late) GOTY Awards! Every year, gaffers choose games they thought were GOTY contenders on Steam, and the game with the highest point score is crowned SteamGAF's GOTY. Check out 2013's nail-biting results.

This is the great SteamGAF GOTY recount! The original results were scheduled to be revealed on January 17th, but have been delayed because MRORANGE was kidnapped is a very busy guy. I will try to keep with the spirit of MRORANGE's original GOTY call for votes, results, etc. In the event that MRORANGE shows back up and suddenly gives us the real results before the voting closes, then this recount will not be tallied. Voting will be open for 7 days, and results will be available shortly afterwards.

Rules and deadline:
- Up to 5 games can be chosen.
- 1st choice gets 5 points, 2nd choice gets 4 points and so on ... 5th game will get 1 point.
- You cannot vote for the same game more than once.
- You can write a short paragraph on why you the the 1st choice is a GOTY contender.
- Game must be on Steam and released in 2014.
- Episodic games that overlap multiple years can be counted as long as the first episode was released in 2014.
- Re-releases in 2014 are allowed in the Steam GOTY, for example FFXIII.
- APS used if it's a tie, like last time >_>
- Your vote will be discarded if you fail to follow the rules.
t1426604400z4.png

Not really a rule, but a request
- If you submitted GOTY results to MRORANGE, please send me the same PM. Please do not change your choices before sending in your votes.

How to vote:
Copy this and send me a PM:

Code:
Game 5 (1 point) : INSERT GAME NAME HERE
Game 4 (2 points) : INSERT GAME NAME HERE
Game 3 (3 points) : INSERT GAME NAME HERE
Game 2 (4 points) : INSERT GAME NAME HERE
Game 1  (5 points) : INSERT GAME NAME HERE

Why I want this game as GOTY  (Optional) : WRITE COMMENTS HERE

Who has voted so far
Atraveller, Uzzy, NingenJanai, MMBosstones86, yuraya, milean87, Copons, Nete, JustLynx, Parsnip, Mr. Poolman, Kurt Russell, Amzin, Sch1sm, fantomena, ScreamingTrees, Kagemusha, Arthea, jshackles, Freedom = $1.05, Servizio, wetflame, Khronico, Knurek, Phinor, Lomax, Dsyndrome, AHA-Lambda, Tizoc, Turfster, Dio Brando, BruteUA, Xanathus, BinaryPork2737, TheLetdown, ANuclearError, Locust, Nabs, Zero-Crescent, Uraizen, titch, wok, dot, Lain, NightmareTrigger, The_Super_Inframan, KenOD, DillonMabry, PandaPedinte, WinterDemons, bobnowhere, dante81, texhnolyze, -MD-, Default DOS, Mokoi, _hekk05, Stallion Free, Baron von Loathsome, Sendou, FLD, agniswarm, Gintoki, Chariot, pahamrick, freshVeggie, baterism, oupi, corrosivefrost, AbundantChoice, Robert J. Sullivan, Dragon1893, Jawmuncher, denx, Baron_Calamity, inm8num2

(If your name is on this list, it means your vote has been tallied)

PriitV

This thread is huge! Quick question: is my chinese store bought/gifted GTA V safe from the new regional restrictions? Simple yes/no should suffice, no need to derail the thread any more.
Thanks.

_hekk05

Banned
Wait frost voted. He's back?

I've managed to build up a serious backlog on my psvita and ps4, to add to my backlog on my PC. I only had them for maybe 2 months. Someone send help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom