• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of late last year, any newly-bought gifts have ACRTAG applied by default, and as of yesterday it also acts a runtime-level lock in addition to an activation-level one (games you buy for your own account are not region-locked, however, just gift copies).

Just to be clear... does that mean that games I purchased while in restricted regions will still be playable if I ever move outside the region?

I just realized some BS with Steam support. I purchased RE:R last year with USD but it went missing from my inventory. I filed a ticket and got a copy in my inventory that is locked to SEA. I just filed another ticket to change it to ROW.

Is there even a way to just purchase the ROW version? I don't care about saving pennies if it means so much hassle.

RM8

This region thing is so crappy. I might buy a PS4 instead of the Alpha if I can't play my (Mexico-bought) stuff abroad :( I asked Steam support about this, but they're going to take their own good time to answer, I guess.

Milamber

So what did I miss? I completely ignored this thread for a day and a half because of Cities: Skylines. Why can't I play this at work?

Milamber

Can't wait until they fix Cities: Skylines traffic problems. I build the widest of roads but they still get stuck on one lane.

Or maybe it is because I tend to put most of my services close in one area.

Also, why can't I build over my old roads to new ones? I have to tear down my old one and plonk a new one and all houses or business alongside it resets too.

Grief.exe

So yet again it appears to be the case of the Not So Definitive Edition though the main selling point is the extras and all the bundled content in one package at a decent price. So Complete Edition sounds more apt.

I've always found the Definitive Version title to be ironic at best.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
So I finished up Psychonauts a while ago. The voice acting was top notch, I was surprised. Usually I don't give a shit about it, and just go to the next dialogue box because I read faster than they speak, but I actually turned off subtitles sometimes. The theme was really damn charming, what with the emotional baggage and figments of imagination and whatever. It was also pretty incredibly utilized in Milla's party (seriously, that toy box was fucked up). I was also pretty invested in that romantic subplot between Raz and Lily. The levels were pretty neat, too. Black Velvetopia and Lungfishopolis were my favorites, but Meat Circus needed to go die in a fire.

The game wasn't without its problems though. This is my second Double Fine game (first was Stacking), and evidence suggests it's just their style to couple their charm with completely uncompelling gameplay. Figments were the worst, especially in the colorful levels where they blended right in. Why would you make those things fade in and out? It's terrible. Controls were pretty awkward when you needed precision (fuck that punching mini game). The camera was pretty terrible sometimes, too, but it improved when I disabled the in-game vsync for some reason. Still, trying to use the levitation ball in the basins in Milla's level made me feel sort of sick. I think a lot of potential was lost with the other campers. I only know Raz, Lily, Dogen, and I think Bobby? by name. I tried talking to them, but some of their conversations just lasted too long, honestly. I'd get bored with them halfway through, don't even know why. The teachers were all well developed though, so that was nice.

All things considered, the story and setting definitely carried the mediocre gameplay. I'm sure if I wasn't going for all the figments and collectibles, I would've enjoyed it tenfold. I still really enjoyed my time with it though. I actually want to go back to it once I get a better dent in my backlog, which is pretty rare for me to feel on Steam!

Tektonic

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tektonic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Gunspell -- MB-5D460287CFF2B166 - Taken by Milamber
Gold Rush! Classic -- MB-9ECF40C1DC2647FF - Taken by Dimitri2401
Pixel Puzzles Japan -- MB-235655473C18EE1D - Taken by dot
Blackbay Asylum -- MB-E4B1CF18DFE72629 - Taken by Lobogris
Darkend -- MB-7E3DC2BCD1EE00F9 - Taken by agniswarm

Milamber

Crap, looking at the C:SL OT while at work was a bad idea. Maybe I can say I got to go to change the oil of my car or something.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
This shit scared me.
a438d85453.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just to be clear... does that mean that games I purchased while in restricted regions will still be playable if I ever move outside the region?

Yes, unless the publisher elected to make an OARIC-locked, SEA-specific sub.

I just realized some BS with Steam support. I purchased RE:R last year with USD but it went missing from my inventory. I filed a ticket and got a copy in my inventory that is locked to SEA. I just filed another ticket to change it to ROW.

Is there even a way to just purchase the ROW version? I don't care about saving pennies if it means so much hassle.

Have someone outside of SEA buy a gift copy for you.

Vazra

Sigh I'll forever patiently await your arrival on Steam oh sweet prince

Until then, gimme that Bempo pre-order now SEGA!

Also today's my birthday, and anyone who posts that grim reaper pic is blocked forever from getting a chance at earning Crom's Blessings =3

Gabe has decided to wear his skimpiest outfit to wish you a Happy Birthday.

There was a stage in Hotline Miami 2 that took me 35 minutes to complete yesterday. 35 MINUTES!

Also people that claim that the game is just "more of the same" I just don't understand. The gameplay mechanics there are much more varied. I know that many people are complaining about windows being everywhere and many mobsters having guns, but those two plus the fact that the whole stage doesn't get aggro'd anywhere by shooting so you can knock them down with a door makes the much more tactical while keeping them "omfg this is awwwwsooome" factor when you are doing 20x chains.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Also today's my birthday, and anyone who posts that grim reaper pic is blocked forever from getting a chance at earning Crom's Blessings =3

A belated happy birthday~

There was a stage in Hotline Miami 2 that took me 35 minutes to complete yesterday. 35 MINUTES!

Also people that claim that the game is just "more of the same" I just don't understand. The gameplay mechanics there are much more varied. I know that many people are complaining about windows being everywhere and many mobsters having guns, but those two plus the fact that the whole stage doesn't get aggro'd anywhere by shooting so you can knock them down with a door makes the much more tactical while keeping them "omfg this is awwwwsooome" factor when you are doing 20x chains.

It feels initially a little more frustrating, and I still feel like deaths where you're shot well out of your own line of sight range is silly... but man, once you download a level's pattern you can do some outrageously delicious combos.

I think the level editor coming out in a few months will really put many issues to rest. The community can make the craziest, tightest maps they want and get rid of all the gun enemies and play combo-fever if they want. Everybody wins!

Milamber

Since C:SL is a Paradox joint, will we get inundated with $10 DLC's?

I kinda wish there was a season pass now.

I need a Disasters DLC soon. If only to do this...

H0SVq71.gif

And happy birthday Tizoc.

Tesseract

Banned
can't buy anything

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

solutions?

Vazra

can't buy anything

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

solutions?

Delete cookies and cache and try again?

Best Buy Geek Squad Answer: Unplug the computer for 10 seconds and plug it again and see if it works.

happy birthday :3

Deques

Any of you pledged for Shadowrun: Hong Kong?

I got an email today to fill out a survey for my key, and it's asking me the preferred digital platform that I'd like to get my key through. the choices are:

1.) steam
2.) gog
3.) humble

If I choose humble, will I get a steam key and a DRM-free copy? Or just a DRM-free copy of the game?

https://twitter.com/WeBeHarebrained/status/575753255889727488

@GhettoLevis If you choose a Humble key, you'll get a key for Humble only that will be DRM-free. Hope that helps!

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
This thread is huge! Quick question: is my chinese store bought/gifted GTA V safe from the new regional restrictions? Simple yes/no should suffice, no need to derail the thread any more.
Thanks.

Yes.

You are not derailing the thread. In fact that is the real reason for this thread.

PARANO1A

My rule of thumb is I try and 1:1 give away one game for each giveaway I enter. Not guaranteeing quality of course, but I didn't win Ori and I'm sad.

ModBot said:
Instructions for PARANO1A:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PARANO1A, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pressured -- MB-E07221BDE133AA7D - Taken by Akuosa. 2 entrants total.

t1426157971z1.png

_hekk05

Banned
I wonder if we will see a drop in sales as a result

Russian gamers suddenly boycotting steam, revenues fall by approximately 80%. Valve confused, saying it has done nothing to draw the ire of russian gamers, nor has there been any complaints apart from the regular "Give Diretide", "HL3", "L4D3", and "volvo pls fix" messages...

In other related news, South American gamers suddenly discover the wonders of steam gaming. Nuuvem reports their revenues growing by as much as 170%. A spokesperson for Nuuvem says: Frankly I'm quite surprised gamers in South America are suddenly massively increasing their consumption of games. I guess this means the economy is doing pretty good after all.

In other related news, a representative of the Brazillian government has announced they will begin investigating thousands of cases of suspected money laundering, noting that the sudden movement of large amounts of cash online to be "very suspicious" and possibly "drug related".

Chariot

Happy Birthday Ticoz and pupo!

--
Since C:SL is a Paradox joint, will we get inundated with $10 DLC's?

I kinda wish there was a season pass now.

I need a Disasters DLC soon. If only to do this...
Cities in Motion already had DCLs too. And yeah, the dev's said that they will support the game after launch like Paradox does with CKII. But I am very ok with this. The CKII core DLCs added a lot to the game and even the patches gave huge improvements. I won't say much against cosmetic DLC because they have this huge mod support. Cosmetic DLCs would be more like donations.

Knurek

New Humble today, anyone wants to bet what are we getting?

Another anime/doujin/VN bundle would be great, although I think we don't have much of a games left unbundled here...

Deques

New Humble today, anyone wants to bet what are we getting?

Another anime/doujin/VN bundle would be great, although I think we don't have much of a games left unbundled here...

City builder humble, featuring Cities Skylines as the top tier game at $20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom