• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you guys and gals go to see any film this week, don't go see Unfinished Business. Please don't go see Unfinished Business.

It is probably one of the worst comedies I've ever seen, and probably the worst attempt at making a "dramedy" since Nothing to Lose with Tim Robbins and Martin Lawrence back in 1997. How Sienna Miller can go from American Sniper (which I think is possibly her best acting work yet) to a film where the character's whole one-note schtick is "I exercise a lot and a guy came on me last night" is absurd.

Just don't watch it. Anything is better.

_hekk05

Banned
Sony now naming its PS4 updates. Most recent one had the name of best girl in a long running high school comedy series.

Where is your god now?

I'm just so intrigued by this. Its so... japanese? I don't even know.

Also is HM2 on nuuvem region locked? Considering it. Also where's the cheapest to get Ori?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Sony now naming its PS4 updates. Most recent one had the name of best girl in a long running high school comedy series.

Where is your god now?

I'm just so intrigued by this. Its so... japanese? I don't even know.

Also is HM2 on nuuvem region locked? Considering it. Also where's the cheapest to get Ori?

HM2 was region-free. I bought my Deluxe edition for ~$12USD from there and activated fine!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Modded Revelations 2 to have the superior Claire outfit in raid mode. :)
OcEmt3d.png

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
How often does metal gear rising go on sale, it's 20 bucks more than the other 2 platforms and I wanna play it on PC.

The Major Steam sales events are a good bet. It dropped down to around $4 during the last winter sale.

I still need to play Dead Kings, but that can wait until after Rogue.

Jase, I was wondering if you would share your opinions of Revelations? I'm playing around and the biggest impression is how narratively unnecessary this game is. There is nothing mechanically wrong with it outside of innovation, but the story seems like it should have been a 4-5 hour DLC to Brotherhood or prologue to Unity. I remember thinking this when I first messed with it years ago, but I had just come from a direct playthrough of ACII and Brotherhood so I figured I was just fatigued with the story.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jase, I was wondering if you would share your opinions of Revelations? I'm playing around and the biggest impression is how narratively unnecessary this game is. There is nothing mechanically wrong with it outside of innovation, but the story seems like it should have been a 4-5 hour DLC to Brotherhood or prologue to Unity. I remember thinking this when I first messed with it years ago, but I had just come from a direct playthrough of ACII and Brotherhood so I figured I was just fatigued with the story.

It's a decent AssCreed game overall, but does little to differentiate itself from Brotherhood and is entirely unnecessary from a narrative standpoint.

Arthea

some greenlight additions of notice:

one moar VN, I really hope they won't use that font in final version of a game, tho

another card based roguelike? why not

whoever asked for handegg game, here is one

this seem oddly familiar, like I've seen it on greenlight before...
horror adventure game

another free VN, English language is listed but this one probably very far from finished.

robofighter, anyone?

poker we deserve

almost done
Australian VN? well, now I've really seen everything!

Arthea

The thought that someone actually 100% AssCreed games is scary by itself, seeing it's not only Jasec is even scarier!

oh, Happy Birthdays to Pupo and Tizoc
that pie in one of posts above is a lie tho

def sim

Happy birthday, pupo! Tizoc, as well, again.

It turns out that replaying the first Hotline Miami to get A+ on the first 15 or so missions is a lot of fun. That wraps up the remaining achievements. I'll replay the Biker missions later tonight just to put a score on the leaderboard and then move on to Wrong Number. :D

Miguel81

It's a decent AssCreed game overall, but does little to differentiate itself from Brotherhood and is entirely unnecessary from a narrative standpoint.

Speaking of AC, I saw that you gave away some AC III copies. How do you feel about that one? People tend to hate on it, especially Connor it seems. I wouldn't expect much love for an outcast, but sometimes it borders on brutal. How can you expect someone that was born into two different worlds,
lost his mother early on
, and was treated like trash to be a suave motherfucker like Ezio?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Speaking of AC, I saw that you gave away some AC III copies. How do you feel about that one? People tend to hate on it, especially Connor it seems. I wouldn't expect much love for an outcast, but sometimes it borders on brutal. How can you expect someone that was born into two different worlds,
lost his mother early on
, and was treated like trash to be a suave motherfucker like Ezio?

Didn't care much for it at all, although I preferred the DLC to the main campaign even though it's much more rooted in the fantastical. To be fair, however, my opinion may be coloured by my utter dislike for the setting: it's aesthetically dull and architecturally uninteresting. LibHD fares even worse due to its handheld roots and at this point I don't think I'll ever get around to finishing it (I lost my save).

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Not bad. I usually 100% the AC games as well, so nice to know how long it'll take when I'll finally get around to buy it :)
It took me around 60 hours to hit 99% complete with the only remaining percent coming from these moronic timed missions that would probably take an hour tops to wrap up. I wasn't rushing either.

Arthea

Trying to catch up with news.
Correct me if I'm wrong, so if all games are region locked on run level, if for example you move from restricted region to other, permanently or on holidays, you no longer have access to your library? Is it even legal? (><)

It took me around 60 hours to hit 99% complete with the only remaining percent coming from these moronic timed missions that would probably take an hour tops to wrap up. I wasn't rushing either.
lemme remind you that your playing times are 50% off all the time!

Correct me if I'm wrong, so if all games are region locked on run level, if for example you move from restricted region to other, permanently or on holidays, you no longer have access to your library? Is it even legal? (><)

Yeah, it sucks, imagine people who move to another country to work or something >.<

milena87

The thought that someone actually 100% AssCreed games is scary by itself, seeing it's not only Jasec is even scarier!

Ahah, I'm a completionist. I feel bad if I don't at least try to complete/collect everything :p
That's part of the reason why I don't play a lot of games. And why I don't touch JRPGs.

Ok, thanks. So at least 60 hours, but might be up to 100 :)

Didn't care much for it at all, although I preferred the DLC to the main campaign even though it's much more rooted in the fantastical. To be fair, however, my opinion may be coloured by my utter dislike for the setting: it's aesthetically dull and architecturally uninteresting. LibHD fares even worse due to its handheld roots and at this point I don't think I'll ever get around to finishing it (I lost my save).
You seem to know your stuff about AC. You playing on PC, right?
Well, I would not believe when people told me yesterday but man, Uplay really is shit. Yesterday I downloaded ACIII which worked well and all. But for some reason Uplay would only let me install 1 DLC at a time. Any time I installed a new DLC the old, already installed, one went back to "Download" again. Is this normal? Is the DLC installed even though Uplay lets me Download and install it again? I'm a bit confused.

lemme remind you that your playing times are 50% off all the time!

Depends on where you live, but it's mostly correct. If you live in one of the region locked regions then you can't move if you intend to play games that you may purchase in the future (as far as I understand the restriction doesn't affect games purchased before yesterday or so)

Happy birthday Pupo!

Arthea

If nobody will sue Valve over this and win, I'll be very surprised and disappointed. We live in times when people move around the world a lot. That's like restricting your clothes to region of your living. Or you wanna go abroad? go naked!

If nobody will sue Valve over this and win, I'll be very surprised and disappointed. We live in times when people move around the world a lot. That's like restricting your clothes to region of your living. Or you wanna go abroad? go naked!

The PC gaming industry isn't at the point where there will be an upheaval. Not yet.

PC gamers (especially on Steam) have been dealing with infringements of their ownership rights and weasally circumventions of consumer practices for years now, all under the guise of the notion that "you don't buy a game, you buy a license". The region-locking fiasco isn't big enough to sway gamers. Once there's a milestone event that threatens to cut off contact to tens of thousands of users (a DRM service shutting down, games being locked or revoked in bigger numbers than the G2A invident), then you'll see the real fight start.

Valve's actions as of late are just symptomatic of a larger fiasco which has largely gone ignored and undereported.

Arthea

The PC gaming industry isn't at the point where there will be an upheaval. Not yet.

PC gamers (especially on Steam) have been dealing with infringements of their ownership rights and weasally circumventions of consumer practices for years now, all under the guise of the notion that "you don't buy a game, you buy a license". The region-locking fiasco isn't big enough to sway gamers. Once there's a milestone event that threatens to cut off contact to tens of thousands of users (a DRM service shutting down, games being locked or revoked in bigger numbers than the G2A invident), then you'll see the real fight start.

Valve's actions as of late are just symptomatic of a larger fiasco which has largely gone ignored and undereported.

That's not only PC gamers, gamers in general aren't very easy to convince to stand against any policies.
And it does threaten millions of people not having access to their libraries if they leave their region. Licences or no, there is no such thing in user agreement and I'm definitely not gonna sign, if it will be added.
I shouldn't have moved to steam after all, it begins to look this way more and more. Although probably gog will follow the suit if everyone will remain silent and complaisant (><)

btw, do we know, are games locked retroactively? I mean ones in your library that are from the "wrong region".

Miguel81

That's sensible. Others around these parts would rip my head off and shit down my spine for what I just said/asked. The setting(s) are also my least favorite in the series, though the homestead missions made me love Connor as a character.

Ban Puncher

With all this hoopla about Region Locking on Steam, does this mean someone from outside of Australia couldn't gift me Hotline Miami 2?

That's not only PC gamers, gamers in general aren't very easy to convince to stand against any policies.
And it does threaten millions of people not having access to their libraries if they leave their region. Licences or no, there is no such thing in user agreement and I'm definitely not gonna sign, if it will be added.
I shouldn't have moved to steam after all, it begins to look this way more and more. Although probably gog will follow the suit if everyone will remain silent and complaisant (><)

btw, do we know, are games locked retroactively? I mean ones in your library that are from the "wrong region".

I don't think so, at least that's what Jase said.

With all this hoopla about Region Locking on Steam, does this mean someone from outside of Australia couldn't gift me Hotline Miami 2?

The region locks don't affect the USA or most of Europe, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom