• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phinor

From what I've seen and read about the game it's deserved.

250k is.. disappointing? I thought it would be at least double that considering the hype and how many players it has had these past few days. Don't get me wrong, 250k is an excellent number, but I was just expecting a lot more than that even.

EA managed to sell 1.1 million copies of SimCity at double the price in two weeks despite all the negativity. I guess marketing (and brand recognition) still works. The game also kept on selling pretty well despite the issues, hitting 2 million few months later.

Accoun

It's pretty much the same

Except it asks you to log in instead of copying the cookies, which is better for me since I can't log into Steam Community from my browser since some time ago (store works well). It also has pause and skip, but that's minor.

fallout

250k is.. disappointing? I thought it would be at least double that considering the hype and how many players it has had these past few days. Don't get me wrong, 250k is an excellent number, but I was just expecting a lot more than that even.

EA managed to sell 1.1 million copies of SimCity at double the price in two weeks despite all the negativity. I guess marketing (and brand recognition) still works. The game also kept on selling pretty well despite the issues, hitting 2 million few months later.
Comparing it to SimCity doesn't really seem apt. SimCity is one of those games that falls into the set of "games for people who only buy a handful of PC games every few years".

dex3108

I thought it provided a pretty good conclusion to both Ezio and Altair arcs.
And then I watched Embers which provided a pretty good conclusion to Ezio arc, again.

As i said Darby McDevitt is really good writer. He wrote ACR and Embers also he wrote ACIV that had good dialogs and also good ending.

As you said brand recognition, it makes all the difference, people were waiting for a new SimCity for years and when 2013 launched they just jumped in, even with all negativity, because of a strong brand and because how good SimCity 4 is. As comparison Cities Skylines was made by a small dev team and published by a publisher who focuses on niche games, and don't forget how many people still confuses C:S with CXXL thinking they are from the company. My reaction was the contrary of your xD, I was actually surprised it sold so much in 24 hours.

ExoSoul

Banned
Is there a way to port a EU save to EW? (so that it keeps track of the countries and all that)

When I watched iosefe play he had access to "hybrid" classes, is that part of the LW mod or is it the random perks modifier?

iosefe

Is there a way to port a EU save to EW? (so that it keeps track of the countries and all that)

When I watched iosefe play he had access to "hybrid" classes, is that part of the LW mod or is it the random perks modifier?

that is a Long War thing

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
i'm still using the crude command prompt version of idlemaster. Is the new version just the same with a GUI?

It's worth the upgrade, I think. Almost every feature of the old version is available in the new version, and the new version includes things like the ability to pause idling, skip to the next game, add the currently idling game to your blacklist, minimize to the system tray, and more. The latest version even gives you the choice of signing in to Steam directly (to get your cookie data) or you can specify it manually like the old version if you prefer.

The only thing it doesn't do (that the old one does) that I can think of is show you how much time each game took to idle. It's something I've been working on, but it's something I plan on integrating with an anonymous statistics service that will be used to calculate the drop times for each game so that the program can provide a time estimate for each game based on other user's experiences.

It's worth the upgrade, I think. Almost every feature of the old version is available in the new version, and the new version includes things like the ability to pause idling, skip to the next game, add the currently idling game to your blacklist, minimize to the system tray, and more. The latest version even gives you the choice of signing in to Steam directly (to get your cookie data) or you can specify it manually like the old version if you prefer.

The only thing it doesn't do (that the old one does) that I can think of is show you how much time each game took to idle. It's something I've been working on, but it's something I plan on integrating with an anonymous statistics service that will be used to calculate the drop times for each game so that the program can provide a time estimate for each game based on other user's experiences.

Oh dude that feature alone makes it worth it for me. Can't wait to get home to try it out. Thanks!!!

Grief.exe

I don't even know where to start.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

CoD, Sim City, AssCreed.

Yeah, brand recognition and marketing still work.

Hell, Dark Souls 2 sold roughly 260k at launch on consoles. Oh, right...and Cities is PC only, which is more 'niche'.

250k is pretty damn good.

So anyone see any impressions of eye tracking implementation in AssRogue?

eye tracking?

qa1y6zvrsxs3veen1hku.jpg

Dr Dogg

Well shit, this day has taken an unexpected turn for the worse.

I used to go past his house when I worked in Bath and met him 2 times at book signings. In fact I've been trying to get my hands on a documentary Channel 4 made in '96 about the Discworld series (around the time they where showing the animated versions of Witches) where right at the start on the title screen there's the audio of me and my mate Jim sounding like a couple of prats saying 'Terry we've come all this way to see you but now we're here we can't think of what to say' to which he replied off the cuff 'Well boys it's a bit like sex, a long journey with a lot of effort but it's over before you know it' or words to that effect. Truly a great loss.

250k non-discounted sales for a game whose marketing is basically just "hey this is a real simcity game" on PC with little to no name recognition?

Shit, if i was paradox I would be looking into some champagne bottles because they should be popping them off ASAP.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition can be had on GMG for 5.77$ with the code: 23ISTH-ANYDEA-LEQW5E

I picked it up for a replay/additional 100% achievement set.

Anybody played lords of the fallen?

Yeah, it wants to be a Souls game so bad that they failed to make an actual good game and they failed to understand what makes Souls games special. I wouldn't recommend it for anymore than 10$.

Grief.exe

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition can be had on GMG for 5.77$ with the code: 23ISTH-ANYDEA-LEQW5E

I picked it up for a replay/additional 100% achievement set.

Is the port pretty solid? The original PC port was phenomenal.

Just a general question for those with the game.

Yeah, it wants to be a Souls game so bad that they failed to make an actual good game and they failed to understand what makes Souls games special. I wouldn't recommend it for anymore than 10$.

I'll wait and pick it up when I'm bored then. I'm kind of Souls'd out at the moment. I still have Demon Souls and an inevitable Bloodborne playthrough to do.

If Neil Gaiman kicks the bucket soon, I'll probably throw my monitor out the window.
If George Martin kicks the bucket soon, I'll probably throw more than my monitor out the window.
I started up Gaiman's America Gods awhile back. Couldn't get past the writing, was just missing something for me. Although I realize his work is targeted towards a younger audience.
That was one of his more mature works.

rtcn63

I started up Gaiman's America Gods awhile back. Couldn't get past the writing, was just missing something for me. Although I realize his work is targeted towards a younger audience.

If George Martin kicks the bucket soon, I'll probably throw more than my monitor out the window.

I'm just assuming that he'll never finish the series. That way, when he eventually doesn't i wont be too disappointed.

It just seems like he's lost interest in the series but feels obligated to finish it because it has snowballed into something huge. If you look at the pace those first 3 books came out at and the pace the last 2 did, well, it just seems like he lost whatever momentum propelled him early on.

Anyhow, the TV series can't last forever and at some point it's going to end. So I guess there will be closure coming from that end.

I'm just assuming that he'll never finish the series. That way, when he eventually doesn't i wont be too disappointed.

It just seems like he's lost interest in the series but feels obligated to finish it because it has snowballed into something huge. If you look at the pace those first 3 books came out at and the pace the last 2 did, well, it just seems like he lost whatever momentum propelled him early on.

Anyhow, the TV series can't last forever and at some point it's going to end. So I guess there will be closure coming from that end.
The fifth book took so long is because George rewrote the entire thing when it was half way done.

Dsyndrome

Didn't Martin tell HBO the ending a) in case he kicked the bucket and b) to piss off book fans when stuff's revealed first on the show?

Amzin

He has a mix of mature and young books. I don't know that I would want any young kids reading American Gods, what with the consuming-people-with-a-vagina and the various acts of violence throughout the book. It's one of my all-time favorites, the world (mythology? fantasy?) he creates is splendid, which is true almost universally of his writing. Actually that's what really drew me to him, the settings he creates. I loved Neverwhere which most people are meh about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom