• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExoSoul

Banned
How does one acquire prepaid cards for indiegala? I wanna jump at that 5€ dragon bundle.

Edit: welp, looks like it's not happening.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Is Nuuvem still the cheapest place to get Cities: Skylines? I guess I need to figure out how to avoid the "not available in your region" stuff.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Less than 5 days remaining for our GotY voting for 2014!

jHvBOTN.png

Welcome to the 2nd SteamGAF (late) GOTY Awards! Every year, gaffers choose games they thought were GOTY contenders on Steam, and the game with the highest point score is crowned SteamGAF's GOTY. Check out 2013's nail-biting results.

This is the great SteamGAF GOTY recount! The original results were scheduled to be revealed on January 17th, but have been delayed because MRORANGE was kidnapped is a very busy guy. I will try to keep with the spirit of MRORANGE's original GOTY call for votes, results, etc. In the event that MRORANGE shows back up and suddenly gives us the real results before the voting closes, then this recount will not be tallied. Voting will be open for 7 days, and results will be available shortly afterwards.

Rules and deadline:
- Up to 5 games can be chosen.
- 1st choice gets 5 points, 2nd choice gets 4 points and so on ... 5th game will get 1 point.
- You cannot vote for the same game more than once.
- You can write a short paragraph on why you the the 1st choice is a GOTY contender.
- Game must be on Steam and released in 2014.
- Episodic games that overlap multiple years can be counted as long as the first episode was released in 2014.
- Re-releases in 2014 are allowed in the Steam GOTY, for example FFXIII.
- APS used if it's a tie, like last time >_>
- Your vote will be discarded if you fail to follow the rules.
t1426604400z4.png

Not really a rule, but a request
- If you submitted GOTY results to MRORANGE, please send me the same PM. Please do not change your choices before sending in your votes.

How to vote:
Copy this and send me a PM:

Code:
Game 5 (1 point) : INSERT GAME NAME HERE
Game 4 (2 points) : INSERT GAME NAME HERE
Game 3 (3 points) : INSERT GAME NAME HERE
Game 2 (4 points) : INSERT GAME NAME HERE
Game 1  (5 points) : INSERT GAME NAME HERE

Why I want this game as GOTY  (Optional) : WRITE COMMENTS HERE

Who has voted so far
Atraveller, Uzzy, NingenJanai, MMBosstones86, yuraya, milean87, Copons, Nete, JustLynx, Parsnip, Mr. Poolman, Kurt Russell, Amzin, Sch1sm, fantomena, ScreamingTrees, Kagemusha, Arthea, jshackles, Freedom = $1.05, Servizio, wetflame, Khronico, Knurek, Phinor, Lomax, Dsyndrome, AHA-Lambda, Tizoc, Turfster, Dio Brando, BruteUA, Xanathus, BinaryPork2737, TheLetdown, ANuclearError, Locust, Nabs, Zero-Crescent, Uraizen, titch, wok, dot, Lain, NightmareTrigger, The_Super_Inframan, KenOD, DillonMabry, PandaPedinte, WinterDemons, bobnowhere, dante81, texhnolyze, -MD-, Default DOS, Mokoi, _hekk05, Stallion Free, Baron von Loathsome, Sendou, FLD, agniswarm, Gintoki, Chariot, pahamrick, freshVeggie, baterism, oupi, corrosivefrost, AbundantChoice, Robert J. Sullivan, Dragon1893, Jawmuncher, denx, Baron_Calamity, inm8num2, Bayonetta, rickyson1

(If your name is on this list, it means your vote has been tallied)

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? O_O

are you sure you're thinking of the same game?

Ori is a metroidvania!! ;)
Checked youtube and turns out I was wrong. The one video I saw about it was only about ascending from water or fire or something like that. Thought the whole game is about that. Read some reviews on Steam and people seem to like it. Hm, it just doesn't do anything for me :/
Will maybe take a chance when it hits a bundle or something.
-
Happy birthday pupo, too!

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Checked youtube and turns out I was wrong. The one video I saw about it was only about ascending from water or fire or something like that. Thought the whole game is about that. Read some reviews on Steam and people seem to like it. Hm, it just doesn't do anything for me :/
Will maybe take a chance when it hits a bundle or something.
-
Happy birthday pupo, too!

lol ... it won't be in a bundle ... probably ever ;)

Edit: goddammit ...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is Nuuvem still the cheapest place to get Cities: Skylines? I guess I need to figure out how to avoid the "not available in your region" stuff.

Just use a VPN. FlyVPN will work if you have issues getting Nuuvem to play nicely with Hola.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
250k is.. disappointing? I thought it would be at least double that considering the hype and how many players it has had these past few days. Don't get me wrong, 250k is an excellent number, but I was just expecting a lot more than that even.

EA managed to sell 1.1 million copies of SimCity at double the price in two weeks despite all the negativity. I guess marketing (and brand recognition) still works. The game also kept on selling pretty well despite the issues, hitting 2 million few months later.

as a point of comparison, ea just shut down the team that made simcity. i guess we'll see whether the four dudes locked in a basement in prague or whatever that made city: skylines go bankrupt because they only sold 250,000 copies. maybe you're right and they're weeping. where will their next meal come from?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
as a point of comparison, ea just shut down the team that made simcity. i guess we'll see whether the four dudes locked in a basement in prague or whatever that made city: skylines go bankrupt because they only sold 250,000 copies. maybe you're right and they're weeping. where will their next meal come from?

I'm pretty sure it was 17 people ... and in Finland ;)

Gentlemen.
I'm glad to have SteamGAF as a bomb shelter, I've got the feeling that no matter the outcome, Bloodborne's review thread will be a bloodbath.

Deitus

Also it's a bit silly to compare 24 hours of sales of Cities: Skylines to 2 weeks of sales for SimCity. Especially considering indie game sales tend to be less front loaded than AAA games with big marketing budgets. Cities will undobutedly sell a lot more than that over the coming weeks.

Gentlemen.
I'm glad to have SteamGAF as a bomb shelter, I've got the feeling that no matter the outcome, Bloodborne's review thread will be a bloodbath.

What review thread isn't these days? Although, considering the pressure that is on Bloodborne to carry the PS4 in the aftermath of the Order shenanigans, I don't disagree that the Bloodborne thread will be especially heated.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Dreamfall Chapters episode 2 is go
3.0gb

The juxtaposition of your avatar made my mind play tricks on me and think that Life is Strange Episode 2 was out.

Dr Dogg

Gentlemen.

Demon's Souls got released, I didn't read any reviews as it wasn't coming out over here but after a couple of peeps on my PSN freinds list couldn't stop banging on about it I imported it an wen in blind. Really good decission as the game kicked my arse to hell and back and allowed me learn the games mechanics through gameplay and experience the game without any spoilers or had my thoughts coloured by others.

Did exactly the same for Dark Souls, ignored reviews, stayed away from the threads on here and just got tucked in and enjoyed it even more than Demon's.

When Dark Souls II had a lot of huster and bluster about the difference between the reveal footage and the other demos just before release (bear in mind I've purposely avoided any and all coverage of it) I signed out of GAF for close to 2 months until it came out on PC whilst caving in and picking my way through it on PS3. I felt a lot of the talk had me doubting the game or looking for things to contrast and compare instead of enjoying the series I had at that point become quite attached to.

Now on to Bloodborne, I couldn't tell you shit about the game as I've avoided everything about it like the plague and will probably do so again until I get round to it which might be a very, very long time unless there's a compelling reason to own a PS4 (or I tap my brother-in-law up and borrow his). Folks are going to spoil themselves or ruin their time with the game that's for sure by seeking out every morsel of information instead of experience the game fresh or with only the teeniest reassurances it's not a mess.

_hekk05

Banned
I've got my bloodborne pre-order paid for and I'm not afraid to be hyped.

As for the review thread, first post had better be "Are we sure this is an exclusive?"

Also predicting polygon will give it 1 less point than average.

jshackles

Disregard Bloodborne, acquire Final Fantasy

Nabs

I guess all those Ubi packs will be on sale in 3 minutes.

--

Will buy Bloodborne once it hits Steam. Will be nice at 60fps.

jshackles

Why not both?

I'll be getting neither at the moment, unless I cave and buy a PS4.

Don't get me wrong - I'm sure I'll get around to Bloodborne eventually, possible even The Order. I bought my PS4 to play console exclusives after all.

But Final Fantasy Type-0 HD has been on my radar for so long that it's the reason I bought my PS4 6 months ago. I'll pick up Bloodborne in a few months when it's had enough time for me to find a decent used copy on the cheap.

Dr Dogg

Disregard Bloodborne, acquire Final Fantasy

Speaking of I wonder how far into Spring Lightning Returns will be before release? I know it's going to release in the same sort of condition XIII and XIII-2 were.
Still buying day one as I've got issues.

DriftedPlanet

Unconfirmed Member
Looking at upgrading my Asus VG248QE with a Gsync kit, but doing so removes all ports except displayport. Wouldn't be an issue, but I also use this monitor's hdmi for Wii U and Ps3.

I searched around before asking but I couldn't find anything about whether I will be able to use an adapter with my consoles after upgrading my monitor with the Gsync kit.

Anyone know if it'll work, and if so if sound would still come through the monitor? (using audio out with some speakers)

I found this post on Tom's hardware, but it doesn't clarify whether the systems will work with an adapter.

jshackles

jshackles still has to play Dark Souls!

Nabs speaks the truth! I have been thinking about it a lot lately - gonna have to dig in again (but probably after I play through Type-0)

Turfster

Daily Burnout Paradise Ultimate 75% off
Weekend
  • Payday 2 80% off FREE WEEKEND
  • Red Faction Guerilla 80% off FREE WEEKEND
  • X Rebirth 66% off FREE WEEKEND
  • Ubisoft Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom