• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

thinking of getting Far Cry 3 and Shantae. decisions, decisions...

I liked FC3. Played it on console. Most people shit on the story, but I never found it to be particularly offensive. The writer intended it to be a certain way, and I don't think he necessarily failed in that respect.

Tizoc

Ubisoft publisher weekend.

No Rainbow Six, Brothers in Arms, or Dawn of Discovery (Anno 1404 for Americans) discount.

I'm actually mad. Those are the only games from Ubisoft I am interested in.

Or Driver SF, I've been wanting that thing to go on sale forever now =_=

Khronico

Any AssCreeds worth getting? I've already played Black Flag and my computer wouldn't be able to run Unity at a tolerable framerate.

Grief.exe

I know, especially after you brought up R6 the other months. When I saw a Ubisoft weekend my eyes lit up with glee. When and checked R6:3's store page and immediately had a frown. Bastards...

We both did the same thing as soon as the sale went up.

I know that feel bro. Well, except for Anno. I picked the up at Christmas.

Anno wasn't on deep discount for Americans since Ubisoft forgot they named it Dawn of Discovery.

Any AssCreeds worth getting? I've already played Black Flag and my computer wouldn't be able to run Unity at a tolerable framerate.

Assassin's Creed II is considered the best in the series.

I didn't like it

Apparently AC II isn't even on sale though. I wonder if there will be rotating games throughout the weekend. Generally they are set up differently if that is the case, but I can always hope.

I just noticed that Assassin's Creed 1, 2 and Bro are not on sale either.

Dsyndrome

Fuck, now I want to get Unity and Rogue. Rogue PS3's been sitting unopened since I got it on Black Friday since I still haven't beat Black Flag.

I liked FC3. Played it on console. Most people shit on the story, but I never found it to be particularly offensive. The writer intended to be a certain way, and I don't think he necessarily failed in that aspect.
I remember reading some stuff about that. thanks for the input :)

RS4-

Damn, need RFG to be downloadable right now so I can give it the weekend. Still top 3 MP experience for me on console, have to see how it holds up on PC.

Backlogger

Well they reduced the base price of W_D so it's actually a good discount.

Perhaps, but not low enough for me yet.

Also noticed that the Freedom Cry DLC costs more than the stand alone game. I see I need to wait until I am home from work to "strategize" my purchases...

Haunted

Buy Red Faction Guerilla. There is no open world game with better mission design. Even now.
Guerilla was my GOTY 2009 and I don't think the mission design is particularly special.

It's the world and the destruction engine that made the game so much fun.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well while we all wait for the SteamGAF GOTY's (yes, yes I'll get around to resubmitting mine soon)

Cool - was wondering if you were going to recast your vote or not. I'm also looking at you, Grief.exe!

I'm tallying the votes as I got along, and built the photoshop templates for the winners announcements yesterday. I'm tentatively planning on revealing the results next Wednesday but I'll have a more firm date/time in place in a few day's time.

I'm going to follow MRORANGE's lead last year, and count them down one at a time and give people time for discussion. :)

MadGear

Shantae could be nice but all these pixelated games look really ... eww.
I know people like it but personally I'd much rather have high resolution 2D "Sprites" instead of this unnecessary throwback (called nostalgia?) to how games looked back then due to hardware limitations. I simply can not appreciate it the way others do.
But oh well, at least it seems to be a good game and not completely driven by nostalgia so maybe I'll bite.

thinking of getting Far Cry 3 and Shantae. decisions, decisions...

Wait for Far Cry 4 if you consider to ever play that game. Its the overall better game but its way too similiar to FC3. You'll appreciate FC4 far more if you haven't played its prequel. Also halfway through FC3 I really struggled to keep playing that game (but FC4 also has a pretty big low close to the end).

I know people like it but personally I'd much rather have high resolution 2D "Sprites" instead of this unnecessary throwback (called nostalgia?) to how games looked back then due to hardware limitations. I simply can not appreciate it the way others do.
But oh well, at least it seems to be a good game and not completely driven by nostalgia so maybe I'll bite.

Wait for Far Cry 4 if you consider to ever play that game. Its the overall better game but its way too similiar to FC3. You'll appreciate FC4 far more if you haven't played its prequel. Also halfway through FC3 I really struggled to keep playing that game (but FC4 also has a pretty big low close to the end).
What's the difference? i mean, what's better about FC4?

rtcn63

It was originally a DSi game, IIRC.

Khronico

I would be interested in FC4 if it was like $20.

Not really feelin' any of these Ubi games on sale. Everything is either a game I have no interest in playing, a game I would buy if it was cheaper, or games I've already played on console.

Even my interest in Valiant Hearts has cooled significantly.

Grief.exe

The way sprites scale makes the initial resolution almost negligible.

Shovel Knight, for example, has really low-resolution sprites that can scale cleanly to 4K and above. Just as SNES games can look very clean on 4K display devices with the right upscaling equipment.

Admittedly, 2D sprites are created at higher resolution now to give the sprite a little more detail, but they are still relatively small (240x240p).

Risky's Revenge was originally a DS game, but still looks nice when upscaled to your monitor's native res.

DriftedPlanet

Unconfirmed Member
Valve should allow iOS/android downloads of mobile games on the service. Sitting here for the next 40 mins before an exam with nothing but my phone and gameboy micro.
It has adjustable fov.
Not adjustable enough, unless I'm thinking of the other guerilla titles that required unpacking a file to increase the fov. I think the default for one of them was 65 which was really awkward in third person.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What's the difference? i mean, what's better about FC4?

For me, the setting and atmosphere in FC4 were the main selling points. The antagonist was also far more villainous while remaining enigmatic at the same time. Overall I think everyone agrees it just had the better story.

It was $0.05 in Indonesia? Damn, i missed it :/

Back in the good ol' days of cross region trading gone by.

that ubi sale is pretty eh imo. only 2 games i see that really stick out to me are south park(which i own) and rayman legends but I'd rather get that on ps4 where i can either play with my brother or vita where i can play it on my bus ride to and from school

apparently a lot of things happened today here, but instead cities skylines

haha same with me except xenoverse.

Sini

Not adjustable enough, unless I'm thinking of the other guerilla titles that required unpacking a file to increase the fov. I think the default for one of them was 65 which was really awkward in third person.
You can change it in the menu and it goes from 45 to 85.
85 looks like this:
F3leeCn.jpg

45 is default fov.

For me, the setting and atmosphere in FC4 were the main selling points. The antagonist was also far more villainous while remaining enigmatic at the same time. Overall I think everyone agrees it just had the better story.

Back in the good ol' days of cross region trading gone by.
I'll reserve my reaction with giant animated gif banners and red text.

Definitely go for 3 if you haven't played FC3 or 4 yet. It's impossible to go back if you've played FC4.
Knowing Ubi, it's going to take some time for the price to go down on FC4. I'm probably pulling the trigger on FC3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom