• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valve should allow iOS/android downloads of mobile games on the service. Sitting here for the next 40 mins before an exam with nothing but my phone and gameboy micro.

Not adjustable enough, unless I'm thinking of the other guerilla titles that required unpacking a file to increase the fov. I think the default for one of them was 65 which was really awkward in third person.

Valve shouldn't allow such lazy mobile ports on the store to begin with.

Standards, y'know.
58 minutes away.
Daylight savings?

But what about my savings?

Sch1sm

that ubi sale is pretty eh imo. only 2 games i see that really stick out to me are south park(which i own) and rayman legends but I'd rather get that on ps4 where i can either play with my brother or vita where i can play it on my bus ride to and from school.

If any of you have an XBONE, it's the free game this month.

Only thing I may buy here is Valiant Hearts, I dunno. I own most of this sale on console.

ViviOggi

rage.gif
rage.gif
rage.gif

Missed the price mistake too
rage.gif
rage.gif
rage.gif
rage.gif
rage.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If any of you have an XBONE, it's the free game this month.

Only thing I may buy here is Valiant Hearts, I dunno. I own most of this sale on console.

FYI Valiant Hearts is "free" on this month's PS+ if you own a PS4. I only bring it up due to the irony it brings to your post.

Nokterian

Does anyone have issues with steam lately? Here in EU in the netherlands steam goes offline nearly daily and it says routine maintenance but it gets weird later that night it goes offline/online the whole time never had this so many times it's going on for months now. My ISP is not the problem also not the firewall it's unbelievable on how terrible the steam servers are these days.

How do you even do that?

I had it in my cart for 90% off, but it kept selecting PayPal for payment instead of my Steam wallet even though I had just enough for it. Turns out the price was fixed, but it still said the price mistake in my cart. Some people might have checked out without noticing the fix.

Well, I beat Hexcells Plus (perfect game #18.) I noticed I missed something stupid and obvious, and everything else fell into place. On to Infinite! I don't know if I have the brainpower for it, but we'll see.

garath

Watchdogs still not quite low enough for me to bite.

$10 would be an insta-buy. $15 I'd hesitate but probably end up doing it. I don't think I can pull the trigger for $20.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

BloodRayne Betrayal -- MB-7C27327C8E628F90 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 11 entrants total.

t1426185513z1.png

Knurek

On one hand, 3/10 from the new Indie Royale bundle.
On the other, paid $2.06 for the whole package, so still worth it.
(Wish I could've gone 10/10 though).

C4rter

fan makes a really weird noise when moving it around

and it feels super fucking hot even tho it's not malfunctioning

Ahhh okay, there is sound. Vine is automatically muted for me. Now I hear it.
I would suggest to buy one of those air spray cans and blow all the dust out of the system.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Did Ubisoft fix Unity? Is it a good game, technical problems aside?

The only problem of note I had when playing was co-op missions randomly becoming unavailable, which required a restart (which itself is a bit of a nuisance since there's no way to exit to the main menu in Unity, so you have to close the entire game and load it up again). There are small bugs all over the place, of course, but nothing particularly bothersome, and, yes, there's a solid AssCreed game beneath the technical issues -- I'd say it's the best entry since 2/Brotherhood.

Edit: Having said all that, I'd hold off if you have a GPU with 2GB or less VRAM. I absolutely could not get the game to run acceptably well on my 2x 2GB 670s and ultimately put it on the backburner until I upgraded.

Shepard

Edit: It sucks that Steam doesnt show that you own DLCs when you buy the "complete edition" of some games. I bought the complete pack of both Anno 2070 and Might and Magic VI, but steam doesnt recognize that I own any of the DLCs, kinda cofusing.

no

well, I mean - they made it slightly less broken (kinda/sorta) ... but it's still nowhere near being fixed

The only problem of note I had when playing was co-op missions randomly becoming unavailable, which required a restart (which itself is a bit of a nuisance since there's no way to exit to the main menu in Unity, so you have to close the entire game and load it up again). There are small bugs all over the place, of course, but nothing particularly bothersome, and, yes, there's a solid AssCreed game beneath the technical issues -- I'd say it's the best entry since 2/Brotherhood.

Divisive game, indeed :p I can live with small bugs as long as the base game is fine. I'll give it atry.

Kiru

I think the Skyrim update was related to this:
Creation Kit 1.9.33 Update

Creation Kit now supports unlimited file sizes for mods on the Steam Workshop.
The Preview Image is limited to no larger than 1 MB.

Skyrim Launcher

The Skyrim Launcher no longer downloads mods from Steam Workshop. Downloads are now managed by the Steam Client. The Skyrim Launcher updates the game after the Steam Client finishes the download.
http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1514726-new-update-for-skyrim-pc-launcher-and-creation-kit-sdk/

MadGear

What's the difference? i mean, what's better about FC4?

Thats one issue of FC4, there are few differences and the improvements are more about details. In my opinion FC4s characters are more interesting and better involved in the progress of the story. Traversal in this game is a lot easier and less annoying due to grappling hook, helicopter and auto drive option for cars which also makes combat while driving a lot of fun. They also simplified a few things like crafting of syringes and added a couple of more tools (like bait, riding elephants, ...). Again, just details but this is why you would appreciate FC4 even more if you have not played FC3, otherwise it will just feel like the game Far Cry 3 should have been.

It was originally a DSi game, IIRC.

The way sprites scale makes the initial resolution almost negligible.

Shovel Knight, for example, has really low-resolution sprites that can scale cleanly to 4K and above. Just as SNES games can look very clean on 4K display devices with the right upscaling equipment.

Admittedly, 2D sprites are created at higher resolution now to give the sprite a little more detail, but they are still relatively small (240x240p).

Risky's Revenge was originally a DS game, but still looks nice when upscaled to your monitor's native res.

I actually wasn't aware that it was originally a DS game. Rather than the scaling I was referring to the pixalart that is trying to emulate the look of games found on way older systems. Looking at a proper scaled shovel knight I can't possibly say that it looks bad but its just something that i don't appreciate as much. But then again, shovel night in a way looks a lot "cleaner" (in a positive way) than Shantae does, maybe because the former is more simplistic whereas Shantae is actually more detailed.

Tizoc

Arnold-Schwarzenegger-as-King-Conan.jpg

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Please don't post thank you messages via PM. You may post thank you messages in the thread however.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header.jpg
header.jpg

header.jpg
header.jpg

Toki Tori -- MB-978B910979B1316D - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
Battlepaths -- MB-A402CBE496D0E5F0 - Taken by titch. 1 entrants total.
Muffin Knight -- MB-F9497CA1DFF4FF3B - Taken by cardinalmind. 1 entrants total.
Scourge: Outbreak -- MB-C7658A12B0898684 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
Ikaruga -- MB-EE625FEB5852A90F - Taken by xBladeM6x. 30 entrants total.
PGP3OVL.png
Freedom Planet GOG Key -- MB-FBA6716B051466ED - Taken by maty. 4 entrants total.
Big Bang Racing -- MB-DB12323132E10BAE - Taken by thereisnoif. 1 entrants total.
Double Dragon: Neon -- MB-75797084E5F329A1 - Taken by Abomination. 21 entrants total.
Humble Transformers Comics Bundle 2, Tier 1 (#1) -- MB-1F63B7C1D8F776C7 - Taken by MMBosstones86. 1 entrants total.
Silence of the Sleep -- MB-7778C74E145F21B7 - Taken by Haunted. 3 entrants total.
Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-DA79066B2ACEF957 - Taken by iosefe. 1 entrants total.
A Bird Story -- MB-C94E30372BCBEDB3 - Taken by Phinor. 4 entrants total.
Freedom Planet -- MB-74A20733925A395D - Taken by fenners. 23 entrants total.
Tomb Raider: Anniversary -- MB-5EF03CD7EF23CD41 - Taken by pupo. 3 entrants total.
Humble Transformers Comics Bundle 2, Tier 1 (#2) -- MB-7D29E8E74144665F - Taken by Amzin. 2 entrants total.

t1426197152z1.png

I'm also offering 2 lucky GAFfers the chance to get my fav. comic book series: Transformers More than meets the eye (MTMTE). This bundle is the $1 tier, so it'll only have that series. If you enjoyed the comic series then def. consider getting these books as well as they contain more quality writing and are quite fun to read for the most part.

1- Last Stand of the Wreckers, this should be read first if you can find it since it has stuff that lead to an event during one of the story arcs

2- Transformers #22-23, collected in the TPB Chaos Theory, this would be Roberts' earliest mainline TF book stories, this 2 parter takes place long before the War began and shows that Optimus Prime was a badass long before he got the Matrix.

3- The Transformers: Dark Prelude, this contains a few stories that take place before Vol. 4, and are actually mentioned in passing in the books in the bundle

4- Dark Cybertraon, this takes place before Vol. 6 of MTMTE, and leads to the events that take place in Vol. 6 onwards

ExoSoul

Banned
Arnold-Schwarzenegger-as-King-Conan.jpg

I'm also offering 2 lucky GAFfers the chance to get my fav. comic book series: Transformers More than meets the eye (MTMTE). This bundle is the $1 tier, so it'll only have that series. If you enjoyed the comic series then def. consider getting these books as well as they contain more quality writing and are quite fun to read for the most part.

1- Last Stand of the Wreckers, this should be read first if you can find it since it has stuff that lead to an event during one of the story arcs

2- Transformers #22-23, collected in the TPB Chaos Theory, this would be Roberts' earliest mainline TF book stories, this 2 parter takes place long before the War began and shows that Optimus Prime was a badass long before he got the Matrix.

3- The Transformers: Dark Prelude, this contains a few stories that take place before Vol. 4, and are actually mentioned in passing in the books in the bundle

4- Dark Cybertraon, this takes place before Vol. 6 of MTMTE, and leads to the events that take place in Vol. 6 onwards
Suggoi!
You're a gentleman and a scholar
and a neon dragon

dex3108

There is also sale on UbiShop (many prices are same as Steam prices) and you can get additional 20% off if you have 100 UPlay points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom