• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

inm8num2

The votes are in!

Sweet!

jason_momoa_hot_face_arms_hand.jpg

Khronico

Just finished Hotline Miami 2...

The best way I can describe this game is it's the Dark Souls 2 to Hotline Miami 1's Dark Souls 1. This is not to say Hotline Miami 2 is not a incredibly good game, which it is, but certain aspects of it are a real bummer (level design and AI in particular).

Teeth

The best way I can describe this game is it's the Dark Souls 2 to Hotline Miami 1's Dark Souls 1. This is not to say Hotline Miami 2 is not a incredibly good game, which it is, but certain aspects of it are a real bummer (level design and AI in particular).

Yo, sorry I didn't see your other post earlier for Freedom Cry.

I just played through it...did you try the hold Alt and press tab then let go of tab on the freedom cry icon (while still holding alt), then let go of alt?

Because that forces the game into triple buffering, allowing a framerate above 30. You can use the Steam framerate monitor to see if it's jumping between 15, 30, and 60fps. If it is, try the trick again. I was able to run it fairly well at ~50fps with the trick.

AI? I don't think the HM2 was any different from the first.

Salsa

anyone know how to force better AA into Alien Isolation

my god this game would be among the best looking ever if you could get rid of the jaggies

AI? I don't think the HM2 was any different from the first.

You cannot abuse the same "shoot once, knock everyone with a door" or "knife everyone" tactics as easily than you could in Hotline Miami 1 on every stage, which makes the game much harder (bundled together with the amount of enemies with the guns).The AI in general is much smarter (with the only exception of "standing still" enemies that are meant to block you from rushing to certain rooms without punishment), where the enemies actually follow up on routines and patterns, though the "where did he go" factor is still there.

That alone I think is the reason why a large number of people dislike the level design too (other than being forced to use a certain tactic due the lack of masks in some stages): the game is much harder to exploit, when the "large" stages can't be solved by standing still or by just running around melee only.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
anyone know how to force better AA into Alien Isolation

my god this game would be among the best looking ever if you could get rid of the jaggies

Unfortunately they're shader level jaggies and basically impossible to get rid of, short of downsampling from some fairly absurd resolutions.

Or at least, that's what the situation was last time I checked. I'd be surprised if anything has changed since then though.

Salsa

oh wow, Alien Isolation has fucking shader aliasing

that means not even downsampling will work

who the hell thought that was good

game looks way too nice to have such a tech handicap, god damn

what sucks is that SMAA T2X is basically turbo-FXAA

as in; just splooge a ton of vaseline on top of everything

looks gross

Coreda

Can Friend Activity be filtered to display only announcements?

Wanting to find a way of filtering only news from games in one neat list. That is, a non-permanent filter. Or else some link that displays all news from followed games in a single section.

dex3108

After all this shit from Valve about cross region restrictions people still want UPlay and Origin dead and Steam to have total monopoly?

I'm in Australia. Anyone know if the non 'Low violence version' of South Park Stick of Truth (e.g. the normal version) is giftable from someone outside of Australia? I do know that if you try to redeem a key bought elsewhere (such as Amazon) it's rejected...

Corpekata

Banned
After all this shit from Valve about cross region restrictions people still want UPlay and Origin dead and Steam to have total monopoly?

Because they are better? Ubisoft is one of the biggest proponents of regional dickery, and neither service allows gifting.

If one of these companies was actually doing better with this sort of stuff, you might have a point, but they aren't.

All this competition devil advocate stuff needs to pay off in one of these clients actually doing something already. Origin has better customer support reps. That's about it, in all these years.

I'm in Australia. Anyone know if the non 'Low violence version' of South Park Stick of Truth (e.g. the normal version) is giftable from someone outside of Australia? I do know that if you try to redeem a key bought elsewhere (such as Amazon) it's rejected...
Buy from Amazon and activate with VPN, though ROW version is unpurchasable in some countries, it carries no runtime lock.

But from Amazon and activate with VPN, though ROW version is unpurchasable in some countries, it carries no runtime lock.
Thanks. I once bought the key from Amazon, didn't think to try redeeming with a VPN but in Australia it was rejected (I didn't even realise at the time). Amazon kindly refunded it.

I don't think they'd be willing to refund should I try through Amazon a second time, and I'm not sure I want to try using a VPN to activate a game since I've heard of banned accounts (though I know that's rare).

dex3108

Uplay can die, it adds nothing positive to our overall experiences.

Because they are better? Ubisoft is one of the biggest proponents of regional dickery, and neither service allows gifting.

If one of these companies was actually doing better with this sort of stuff, you might have a point, but they aren't.

All this competition devil advocate stuff needs to eventually pay off in one of these clients actually doing something. Origin has better customer support reps. That's about it, in all these years.

It is getting better.on UPlay you can play new games while they are still downloading, you can get additional 20% off for 100 UPlay points, client is better, It is getting better. New games you can play while they are still downloading, you can get additional 20% off, Uplay client is getting better, You can buy games on Origin with VPN they don't care, Origin is giving away free game every month...

Instead of telling EA and Ubi to shut down their service people should giving them constructive feedback and pushing them to do more. That is my opinion.

Thanks. I once bought the key from Amazon, didn't think to try redeeming with a VPN but in Australia it was rejected (I didn't even realise at the time). Amazon kindly refunded it.

I don't think they'd be willing to refund should I try through Amazon a second time, and I'm not sure I want to try using a VPN to activate a game since I've heard of banned accounts (though I know that's rare).
Activating keys with VPN is ok(for now), gifts are not.

Finished Hotline Miami, it was good, but not awesome, game had a few flaws that really detracted from the experience.
Best thing was the music and the art style. Story was crap and gameplay was too much trial and error and sometimes even just luck based.
Will probably buy the sequel when it's 75% off.

Deitus

It is getting better.on UPlay you can play new games while they are still downloading, you can get additional 20% off for 100 UPlay points, client is better, It is getting better. New games you can play while they are still downloading, you can get additional 20% off, Uplay client is getting better, You can buy games on Origin with VPN they don't care, Origin is giving away free game every month...

Instead of telling EA and Ubi to shut down their service people should giving them constructive feedback and pushing them to do more. That is my opinion.

The burden should be on EA and Ubisoft to deliver a service people actually want to use, not on the users to coddle them until they finally get around to fixing their broke ass shit.

When Steam launched it was met by nothing but an onslaught of people begging for it to be hurled into the fires of Mount Doom. When Steam stopped sucking, people (mostly) stopped asking for it to be destroyed.

The burden should be on EA and Ubisoft to deliver a service people actually want to use, not on the users to coddle them until they finally get around to fixing their broke ass shit.

When Steam launched it was met by nothing but an onslaught of people begging for it to be hurled into the fires of Mount Doom. When Steam stopped sucking, people (mostly) stopped asking for it to be destroyed.

And now we are back to damn it.

Not really damn, but Valve. Come on, fix some of your client problems and make it more accessible.

Vibranium

Banned

tumblr_nhl1fpqkGu1sg9ebxo1_250.gif

Knurek

Finished Hotline Miami, it was good, but not awesome, game had a few flaws that really detracted from the experience.
Best thing was the music and the art style. Story was crap and gameplay was too much trial and error and sometimes even just luck based.
Will probably buy the sequel when it's 75% off.

$1 tier Humble Bundle or bust.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Pid -- MB-4BC7255A252F847A - Taken by Tesseract
Clickr -- MB-5BA667B87CC710AB - Taken by sensoft04

fantomena

I kinda want Rayman Legends, but really not sure. I already have the superior Wii U version and the Xbox One version (GwG) and Im not the person who buys games just to have them and build a collection like some other people (hehe). I only buy games Im interested in.

Point is, I am interested in Rayman Legends on PC, but I already have 2 version that are better.

Edit: This is nothing to answer me about, just putting my thought here in the wild. :p

Sajjaja

I kinda want Rayman Legends, but really not sure. I already have the superior Wii U version and the Xbox One version (GwG) and Im not the person who buys games just to have them and build a collection like some other people (hehe). I only buy games Im interested in.

Point is, I am interested in Rayman Legends on PC, but I already have 2 version that are better.

That's nice.

Deques

Edit: This is nothing to answer me about, just putting my thought here in the wild. :p

You already know what you want. Just buy the game and leave it in your backlog. The Steam version is the superior one and that's all you need to know :)

dex3108

How would they know what users want if they don't get feedback? Just because Steam is getting more and more features doesn't mean that all users want them. I personally wrote 2 or 3 long feedbacks (2-3 pages) to Ubisoft for UPlay and i already can see things that i wanted implemented in UPlay (points are now useful on Store and you can get them for buying games on UPlay, better integration with Steam but still needs improvements, Rewards are better because you can get soundtracks for few games...). There are many more things that i wrote them about that could make their system better. For example i want cross-platform saves for Ubisoft games. They can do it because UPlay is on all platforms and that could be great feature. You could start playing game on PC, go to your friend, log in on UPlay on his/her PS4 and continue where you stopped.

Are services like Origin and UPlay better than Steam currently? No but Steam didn't became what it is overnight.

Yes.

Don't blame Valve, blame the people who have been abusing the system.

This is only the beginning. Steam doesn't have real competition and Valve knows that. They can do things like this under publisher pressure because of that. You saw what happened on console market where competition is real. So no other DD services should not die, they need to rise.

Arthea

can't wait for jshackles disappearing on us too in 10 hours!

Is the dlc for 100% orange juice worth it? Especially if I haven't played it yet.

You should play the game first, dlcs are additional characters, the game is fun to play with friends, but you can play without those characters as well, and story mode in this game is not something I would recommend, it's impossible to win even once, let alone finish, unless... you are one of very lucky people.

$1 tier Humble Bundle or bust.

you should do it properly, like this

This is only the beginning. Steam doesn't have real competition and Valve knows that. They can do things like this under publisher pressure because of that. You saw what happened on console market where competition is real. So no other DD services should not die, they need to rise.

Is this 2004?

If Valve had no real competition they would tell publishers to fuck off. It is just selling games after all, it isn't rocket science or isn't something the other publishers couldn't do by themselves.

Which they do, which they do a shit job of. Steam is fine when people are not abusing it and the quicker services like Uplay die the better we will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom