• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Hey everyone,

Apologies for not posting in a while, thanks for MMBosstones86 for taking over for the time being and jshackles for recounting the votes. I think from the thread title you might have realized that I haven't been as 'active' as I usually am. This is mostly just being mega-busy with work/family/life in general. Overall, coming back to GAF after work felt like a chore at this point rather than a place that I wanted to unwind and keep up on track on gaming/off-topic threads. After 3+ years of making threads it's probably best to step back for a while and just try and post for enjoyment rather than creating threads. I hope everyone understands.

I think it makes sense for now, that you guys should be looking after this place.

Like I said before I've been running this joint for a while and just need a break for while without having to steer ship and just be a causal poster.

I'll be back.

Eventually.

MRORANGE

Your work has been much appreciated, you've earned all the time you need for yourself and then some! Take care~

Hey everyone,

Apologies for not posting in a while, thanks for MMBosstones86 for taking over for the time being and jshackles for recounting the votes. I think from the thread title you might have realized that I haven't been as 'active' as I usually am. This is mostly just being mega-busy with work/family/life in general. Overall, coming back to GAF after work felt like a chore at this point rather than a place that I wanted to unwind and keep up on track on gaming/off-topic threads. After 3+ years of making threads it's probably best to step back for a while and just try and post for enjoyment rather than creating threads. I hope everyone understands.

I think it makes sense for now, that you guys should be looking after this place.

I've given Jshackles all the data for the Steam GOTY 2014 award.

Here is the fonts I use for the OP:
http://www.dafont.com/futurist-fixed.font
https://www.fontyukle.net/en/DIN+1451+Std+Engschrift.ttf

Here are the PSD files I use for the OP:
Main title: http://www.filedropper.com/maintitle
Background for each game: http://www.filedropper.com/gamebackground
Title for each section: http://www.filedropper.com/title_2

Like I said before I've been running this joint for a while and just need a break for while without having to steer ship and just be a causal poster.

I'll be back.

Eventually.

MRORANGE
It's all cool Orange. This all here is about fun and enjoyment after all. So what would the point be to trot through it when it feels like a chore or burden? Most people here have times when they don't play or post here and thus take brakes. You being at the helm does not make you immune to that.

Health is the most important. It very appreciated that you posted and gave us an explanation - which was totally nice and not really to be expected. You don't owe us anything but we instead you for your efforts which go mostly unnoticed or even worse taken as granted.

I am actually looking forward to read and get to know more about the "gamer" MrOrange than the "thread organizer" MrOrange.

See you soon hopefully much more energetic and less stressed.
Take care and I wish you the best professionally and private. :)

Shade

Does the Legend of Grimrock OST work for anyone?
Mine's got one song and that song doesn't even play.

I've checked my installation, there is one song, and it plays for me. Maybe just verify the files?

If I remember correctly there was only one song released as it's OST, for the first one. I went through my copy on GOG, and on a Humble bundle purchase, and they also show the OST as only having one song.

MUnited83

For you.
Nice! Quick vacation or studying abroad?
Quick vacation (5 days). I really dig the architecture here and the whole industrial looks. Plus its really calm(im a bit too used to the chaotic movement in lisbon, ahahah) and a pleasure to walk around on, and many cool things to see :)

Thats one issue of FC4, there are few differences and the improvements are more about details. In my opinion FC4s characters are more interesting and better involved in the progress of the story. Traversal in this game is a lot easier and less annoying due to grappling hook, helicopter and auto drive option for cars which also makes combat while driving a lot of fun. They also simplified a few things like crafting of syringes and added a couple of more tools (like bait, riding elephants, ...). Again, just details but this is why you would appreciate FC4 even more if you have not played FC3, otherwise it will just feel like the game Far Cry 3 should have been.
Thanks. i gave up on buying it though. Way too many games on the backlog already :p

Chariot

Fine with me. I just did it because everyone was bitching and no one was doing anything about it. I don't have time for all that photoshop banners and shit.

I kind of want to see what kind of madness a bus thread would descend into.
I was working on it >:eek:
I am always ready to turn SteamGAF into WaifuGAF.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
MRORANGE is awesome and sent me a text dump of everyone's votes from earlier in the year. I'm going through it now and tallying the votes for people that haven't re-cast.

Since I'll essentially have "the results" once I'm finished, should I close the re-count voting early (meaning we'll get the results earlier) or should I keep it open through next Tuesday morning as planned to help encourage further voting?

Thoughts?

Khronico

I just bought AssCreed Revelaitons and Freedom Cry.

I guess I just want to have a open world bar filling simulator to play between all the RPG's I've been playing lately.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Oh and everyone buy Child of Light.

iyerc63.gif

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Morningbus is making the thread next month I thought?

💖

Thread will have troll links to tea websites with morningbus' affiliate link + a large section at the beginning wondering how the same dev team that excretes the Serious Sam "games" put our Talos Principle.

iosefe

MRORANGE is awesome and sent me a text dump of everyone's votes from earlier in the year. I'm going through it now and tallying the votes for people that haven't re-cast.

Since I'll essentially have "the results" once I'm finished, should I close the re-count voting early (meaning we'll get the results earlier) or should I keep it open through next Tuesday morning as planned to help encourage further voting?

Thoughts?
first reaction would be close it so as to not need a recount (if this were an election)

on the other hand i'm sure people put more thought into their lists

Thoughts?

Maybe close it since probably everybody who would vote has voted or you could leave it open for stragglers.

Thanks Orange for all your work. These threads always have outstanding OT work and I know you handle most/all of it. We'll keep the ship upright while you're away, the crown is yours if you want it back.

I take this to mean we can start posting lists now?!

No. Turfster and myself are still here.

Thoughts?

Close it. We're already way into 2015. Let everyone bitch about Dark Souls 2 leading the path.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Okay, I'm going to close the voting now. I'll compile the original results and add in those that sent in their vote during the time the recount has been happening just so that we have the largest number of voters so that it can represent the largest portion of SteamGAF.

I'll try to get everything compiled together and, thanks to MRORANGE linking me the fonts and photoshop files he was using I'll get the results put together as quickly as possible.

Locust

It was announced waaay back, when Deep Silver got the IP from THQ.
Crytek*

e: I looked up who the hell Dambuster Studios is and judging from the picture on their site with the TimeSplitters stuff I guess DS just hired a bunch of Free Radical Design / Crytek UK people

RM8

Guys, I got an answer from Steam support regarding not being able to play my games (bought in Mexico) abroad:

A staff member has replied to your question:

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Territory restrictions are noted on the packaging of the game or on the Steam Store page. If purchasing outside of Steam, please contact the seller beforehand for additional information on possible restrictions.

If you are moving or have moved to a different region, additional region restrictions may exist which are determined by the publisher/developer themselves. You will need to contact them directly to determine whether you will encounter any difficulties playing/registering the game(s) outside of your region.

Steam Support cannot make changes to territory or language restrictions.

So basically, I shouldn't worry unless my games are noted to be region locked? Okay, I guess. I honestly have never encountered any region lock note on any game I've bought :/

Hey everyone,

I'll be back.

Eventually.

MRORANGE

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom