• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MRORANGE is awesome and sent me a text dump of everyone's votes from earlier in the year. I'm going through it now and tallying the votes for people that haven't re-cast.

Since I'll essentially have "the results" once I'm finished, should I close the re-count voting early (meaning we'll get the results earlier) or should I keep it open through next Tuesday morning as planned to help encourage further voting?

Thoughts?

Tally them both and release Steam GotY and Steam GotY Definitive Edition. It will be inline with current gaming trends.

Such a bizarre IP. Why would people even want it. It's like buying the Duke Nukem IP only to make those 2D sidescrollers or something crazy like that.

BasilZero

I just bought Assassin's Creed Liberation.

Wanted to get III Deluxe as well but the price is high for now for me ;p.

I'll get it later....hopefully it'll go down to $7.50 at 75%....XD.

Tally them both and release Steam GotY and Steam GotY Definitive Edition. It will be inline with current gaming trends.

Such a bizarre IP. Why would people even want it. It's like buying the Duke Nukem IP only to make those 2D sidescrollers or something crazy like that.

Buying Duke Nukem to make sidescrollers would make a lot of sense, too bad Gearbox only wanted to release that thing that was DNF.

Momentary

Banned
Man, good thing the Wanderer guys got more folks on this team. This RPG is lookin awesome.
MiFAu0l.png

okqAM6H.png

z7dLLL5.jpg

Parsnip

Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut is also on sale US$2.5 (75% off).
http://store.steampowered.com/app/277890/

BUY IT!

Went to buy, already own it.
Steamed.

Don't buy if low fov makes you queasy, this game is horribly plagued with it.
Changelog

9th March 2015
- Added option to change FOV for the single player game.

Perfect timing. Rest of the changelog here.
Gotta hand it to Nordic, they are supporting the hell out of that game even after the Steamworks patch.

denx

What is it with Ubisoft not wanting to put their older games on sale. I've been waiting for ages for the Ghost Recon collection to go on sale. ;_;

Oh well, at least I'll finally grab Rayman Legends.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Someone start a GTAV map editor hoax!

78E0E018E6B821C4137EC07C72CA67EE62DA4C91

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mar. 12, 2015--

Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), has announced an exclusive map editor feature incoming for the upcoming PC release of Grand Theft Auto V.

To be included with all purchases at launch (April 14th, 2015*), Rockstar Games has harnessed the power of the PC platform to allow players a level of customization unseen before in any game in the Grand Theft Auto series. Unlocked by completing the game's story, players will gain full control over the ebb and flow of their very own Los Santos, the locale seen in Grand Theft Auto V.

"We're really excited to push the boundaries of open-world crime gaming even further than ever before with this editor," says Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "Watching your very own living, breathing city come to life isn't impressive enough. Here, we're allowing fans to control the playground they live in. No mods needed to increase the size of the map, no fake AI to break the illusion like a flea circus. Our team has drawn as much power over the past year to making this editor as foolproof as possible for users and our digitized inhabitants."

Utilizing the power of DirectX11, Grand Theft Auto V's PC exclusive map editor will allow players to direct traffic, relocate essential businesses, and see their Los Santos either grow or fall based on economic decisions. Players can plant a tree and watch it grow over years of simulation. They can also witness neighborhoods growing organically using Game-of-Life based algorithms, and even watch the natural effects of a high-tide flood on the inland.

"We're really putting all of our effort into making the PC version of Grand Theft Auto V the definitive edition. Between pumping up of the graphics engine -- to make it visually super hot -- to even looking ahead at the extra power afforded to us by DirectX12, Rockstar is committed to the PC as a platform." Houser remarks, adding, "The team is looking forward to seeing everyone's creations via the Rockstar Social Club Share feature. We think players are really going to enjoy the level of creative control we've managed thanks to the platform."

*Subject to change.

About Rockstar Games

Founded in 1998 and headquartered in New York, Rockstar Games creates and publishes some of the world’s most critically acclaimed and best-selling video game franchises, including the ground-breaking Grand Theft Auto series, Red Dead Redemption, L.A. Noire, the Max Payne series, Bully and the Midnight Club street racing games. Rockstar’s award-winning development team consists of studios in Edinburgh, Leeds, London, New England, San Diego and Toronto.

About Take-Two Interactive Software

Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, marketer and publisher of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. The Company develops and publishes products through its two wholly-owned labels Rockstar Games and 2K, which publishes its titles under the 2K Games, 2K Sports and 2K Play brands. Our products are designed for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, and are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. The Company’s common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO. For more corporate and product information please visit our website at http://www.take2games.com.

_hekk05

Banned
Everyone needs to go look at the E3 2015 outrageous predictions thread. Everyone's just writing the craziest shit.

Its too bad steam is a giant monopoly. We get no fun

ExoSoul

Banned
I know this is a Steam thread but....
Any suggestions on getting rid of the ghost image (to the right of Firion's arm and bow, the altar and the column way in the background and to the left of his cape)

If needed I'll "delete" this post.

Mokoi

Banned
I liked the first one and I fully welcome a sequel. Shrug.gif
You're a terrible person. Blocked, reported, and blacklisted. I love shoot bang bangs, but good lord this game was so awful. The mechanics were all terrible and no satisfaction was had from shooting the guns.

Maniac

Banned
Hey everyone,

Apologies for not posting in a while

I'll be back.

Eventually.

MRORANGE
No need for apologies, you've put buttloads of work into this for us for years. You've gone beyond the call of doody! That amount of work would usually come with a paycheck. Just glad you're well, and I hope taking a backseat can let you appreciate GAF as a place to unwind and relax. Hope to see you around whenever you're not busy, and keep your head up. You should survive :)

If you don't survive I'll... I'll kill you!
Did anyone ask for this?

Dude.

Duuuuuude.

It's by Free Radical, man. With lots of freedom from Deep Silver. (Crytek wanted it shoved out by early 2015, somehow, despite the game being far from complete. Then again, that was due to their financial woes)

But yeah, Free Radical with a setting that has a lot of potential. Cud b gut.
Crytek*

e: I looked up who the hell Dambuster Studios is and judging from the picture on their site with the TimeSplitters stuff I guess DS just hired a bunch of Free Radical Design / Crytek UK people

They hired everyone that was left at Crytek UK. Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of those that left during the Crytek woes have come back.

I hope they've come back anyway. :p
Nah. Crytek got the IP from THQ and announced a sequel. But they ended up cancelling it and selling the IP to Deep Silver

It wasn't cancelled as such. Deep Silver Dambuster (Aka Crytek UK, formerly Free Radical) was sold whole-sale to DS including all assets and that jazz. So really it's a change of publisher more-so than anything, and luckily one that seems to want this game to actually be up to snuff.

Shadownet

Banned
Ubisoft weekend sale.. and no Prince of Persia games..

*flip table* COME ON! I've been waiting forever!

Also, since MRORANGE gave jshackles the votes, do I still have to re-vote?

Vibranium

Banned
I'm actually kind of excited for Homefront: The Revolution. High hopes it can be a spiritual Freedom Fighters successor.

I still want FF2 though.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah, Homefront was at E3, that's why it seemed familiar. Didn't know it was coming to PC.

I wish I could have voted for GOTY... But I've only played two games from 2014... and one of them just a week ago (MGR).

So really, my GOTY list would've been 1. Year Walk, for lack of any other relevant games.

The Neptunia Difficulty is kinda strange. For some storydungeons you are overpowered, then you enter the next one and the boss kills you.

I am in Chapter 5 now and even the normal enemies in those ice-dungeon are hard compared to the dungeon before that.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The votes are in!

t1426273200z4.png

Countdown to the GOTY awards! Be here, where I'll be counting down this year's top 10 games as voted by you, the SteamGAF community. The complete results will be revealed after the top game has been announced.

See you all here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom