• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdt

Okay I'm trying to use RadeonPro mainly (for now) to see TripBuff and limit the framerate to 60. But I'm seeing its only for OpenGL games, so how can I use it for DX games? Getting back into pc gaming after a 2 years of chilling so I'm a little rusty.

Megauap

I'm not mad because they removed my GMG credit (I knew it would happen someday). I'm angry because they refunded my HM2 purchase and they didn't tell me about it.
If I knew, I would have purchased it somewhere else and I wouldn't have waited 3 days to play it.

Chariot

Brags about immense credit in Playfire. Admits to cheating to get it on a public forum. Pissed when someone narcs.

ok dude.
Could you quote some his posts? Searching on mobile doesn't work the way I want it to work.

I'm not mad because they removed my GMG credit (I knew it would happen someday). I'm angry because they refunded my HM2 purchase and they didn't tell me about it.
If I knew, I would have purchased it somewhere else and I wouldn't have waited 3 days to play it.
So you did cheat. No sympathy. You have no right to cry.

just in case you haven't had any nightmares lately ;)

Clown of nightmares!

ss_9d94337f43603fc16ea907e5d1ee691e889dc93d.1920x1080.jpg

Deques

Well, DID you use Sam? If so, no sympathy.

yup

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=153659744&postcount=14265

edit: beaten

You are one of the reason that made Playfire Rewards not good anymore, thank you

Ugh Freedom Cry runs like garbage. It's an unplayable slideshow on land yet runs fine when I'm doing boat stuff.

If it's anything like ACIV then you need to enable triple buffering through D3Doverrider. for whatever reason, Ubisoft shipped a game in late 2013 that used double buffering as a vsync option and did not provide a triple buffering option, meaning that any dip in the framerate takes you straight to 30 fps.

If it's anything like ACIV then you need to enable triple buffering through D3Doverrider. for whatever reason, Ubisoft shipped a game in late 2013 that used double buffering as a vsync option and did not provide a triple buffering option, meaning that any dip in the framerate takes you straight to 30 fps.

Well with some developers, 30 is the new 60.

Deques

Don't worry megauap I forgive you. They already took your stuff away not like you need to be pushed around anymore.

I wonder how much of the credit he spent on games. He amassed quite a lot credits before he got found out.

Btw, Settlers 7 Gold is finally on sale with a deep discount. Is it worth buying it?

Well with some developers, 30 is the new 60.

The real embarrassing part about ACIV was that it was the free game i got with my gfx card yet it runs like complete ass out of the box. You would think that Nvidia would see that something as basic as triple buffering wasn't an option in ACIV and they would've been like "how about you add this simple ass feature so that when people get your game with our cards they don't think that they just bought a hot piece of garbage" but I guess they don't really give a shit, either.

_hekk05

Banned

GMG shouldn't even have told you about it. Should have left you to rot.

You're the reason playfire sucks now

gdt

Okay I'm trying to use RadeonPro mainly (for now) to see TripBuff and limit the framerate to 60. But I'm seeing its only for OpenGL games, so how can I use it for DX games? Getting back into pc gaming after a 2 years of chilling so I'm a little rusty.

So from this post I'm guessing that most people just use the in game Triple Buff settings?

Miguel81

It works for DirectX games, just that mostly 64-bit programs are hit an miss. Can't get it to work with Watch_Dogs. Double Dragon Neon and Sonic Generations also won't allow forcing Triple Buffering, though I believe those two are 32-bit(?).

Uzzy

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-13-microsofts-new-vision-for-the-xbox-one

It's possible to play Xbox One games on PC thanks to the local streaming capabilities that Windows 10 brings - and a demo later during GDC shows it working in practice, even if the execution is currently a little way off of being perfect - but will series like Forza have native ports in the future?

"There isn't a tremendous request today for racing games like Forza on PC," says Spencer. "Obviously through the streaming we showed in January you'll be able to play on any of the PCs you have in your home. I don't want to build things because you can build them, I want to build things that our customers are asking for.

"We obviously put Halo on PC before - you go back and look and there's obviously strong... The first-person shooter space on PC is a little bit different than on console if you look at the business model and other things that work, so we'd want to land the right experience. If you play this out - so let's not talk about the next 6 months but talk about the next three or four years - you'll see more and more developers that are building these games that are appropriate for any screen that the gamer's sitting down on. And that's just more opportunity for gamers and developers."

Yeah, you're really dedicated to the PC aren't you Phil.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
To bad that they probably won't do any system specific guest characters, I really like to see them in fighting games eventhough they usually don't fit that well (i.e. Nicole in DoA4), Kratos seems to be an exception. But then again, the PC probably would receive the short end of the stick anyway because what character could they possibly add?

Gaben ;)

zkylon

zkylewd
finally have my internet back

i got like the nicest internet guy in the world, i kinda wish i could keep him

now to go through 75 emails and the watch dogs temptation...

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
He'll only show up in rounds 1 and 2. Either you win the first 2 rounds or you lose by default

... and if you choose him you'll only be able to play multiplayer matches with people in your own region

So from this post I'm guessing that most people just use the in game Triple Buff settings?
I don't know what the settings are like for Freedom Cry but ACIV didn't offer Triple Buffering in its options, just says V-sync. What that option actually activates is Double Buffering, which what it does (in the most simplest terms) is that any time your framerate drops below 60 (like 59 or 58 for example) the game drops the framerate to 30 to keep the screen from tearing.

Triple buffering doesnt do this: it allows for framerates between 30 and 60 and also keeps the screen from tearing. However, ACIV (and Liberation and i'm assuming that Freedom Cry is like this too) does NOT offer triple buffering in game, just double buffering. With my Nvidia card, what i need to do is set the ingame Vsync on but also use D3Doverrider to force triple buffering.

If you've got an AMD card I can't tell you for certain whether doing this works on those cards as well but i'm assuming that it will.

The real embarrassing part about ACIV was that it was the free game i got with my gfx card yet it runs like complete ass out of the box. You would think that Nvidia would see that something as basic as triple buffering wasn't an option in ACIV and they would've been like "how about you add this simple ass feature so that when people get your game with our cards they don't think that they just bought a hot piece of garbage" but I guess they don't really give a shit, either.

I think its pretty clear that Nvidia no longer cares. Between lying about cards abilities, creating over priced microconsole android boxes and $1000+ video cards that will be completely obsolete in 6 months, I think making sure the software that is promoted with their hardware actually works as expected is fairly low on their list of things they need to fix.

titch

finally have my internet back

i got like the nicest internet guy in the world, i kinda wish i could keep him

now to go through 75 emails and the watch dogs temptation...

Don't go too far back reading steamgaf.......

arachnids

_hekk05

Banned
Do NOT buy Godus. You will inflict shame on your family for generations to come.

Molyneux just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about game development (I'm an expert), but honour and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in AAA development where you can become successful by spending a lot of money on marketing. If you screw someone over by giving them an incomplete game, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the gaming audience, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Godus, nor will they purchase any of Molyneux's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Molyneux has alienated an entire market with this move.

Molyneux, publicly apologize and finish Godus or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Phinor

That's funny, no demand for racing games on PC, eh Phil? PC happens to be the best platform for racing game enthusiasts because of infinite wheel support, support for all kinds of devices starting from gear shifters to head tracking, VR, racing benches with all types of force feedback and pneumatics (don't even know what I'm talking about here, the technology gets all kinds of crazy when you start looking into it). It all works on PC and that's why racing games have always been one of the best genres on PC. Backwards compatibility isn't limited to supporting just about every single wheel ever released but also to games that would have otherwise been lost. Richard Burns Rally is still by far the best rally racing simulation ever made and on the console side, that was PS2/Xbox game. On PC, it works just fine and has had thousands of mods over the years including the latest rally cars, tons of real life rally stages and the list goes on. So Phil, you are wrong in every possible way.

And here's the real reason for no Forza on PC: they need exclusives on Xbox. Also playing Forza at 4k at 144Hz on modified/new tracks with the latest racing hardware would slightly dampen the mood of Xbox gamers and I'm not trying to ridicule them because I own just about every Forza game, and I do own multiple Xbox systems. But to say there's no demand for racing games on PC, that's about as bad as anything any Microsoft employee/boss has ever said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom