• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mkx reveal?
I confess to buying overpriced chara ter dlc but i wouldnt defend day 1 locked content.

It's just weird to see something like Evolve get ripped to shreds for their DLC practices and then have some folks defend the practice of making a season pass for DLC characters in a fighting game. Seems like something worth a bit of outrage over but since people like MK I guess no one wants to make a thing about it.

There's a defense squad for everything.

I just accept that and move on.

i know, but it doesn't make it any less repulsive

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I didn't think there was a Fighting Game DLC Defense Force but today was an enlightening day.

There is a defense force for DOA5 Last Round $93 Season Pass and $93 Ultimate Pack.
b24ae93efc.png
I want everything for Kokoro but bless the superior kimono pictured above being unlockable and not paid DLC

zkylon

zkylewd
during my absence of internet i got a new hotline miami 1 playthrough in and played some neocolonialism, world end economica and fairy freesia whatever

hotline miami isn't much different from the last time i played it, like always it totally grosses me out and is pretty much an unpleasant experience but that's kind of why i like it

neocolonialism is a strange little game, i loved how it communicated that sense of destructive greed thru mechanics and how it kind of felt like a board game. there's a lot of interface annoyances and a lot of waiting endlessly for the ai to figure out there's not much left for them to do but i beat donald trump and the kochs so i feel pretty good about my entrepeneurism

world end economica ehh.... it's one of those visual novels in which you don't really do anything which i dunno if it's my kind of thing. also it started out interestingly but has now devolved into a harem like thing so i'm kind of tired of it already

and i liked fairy bloom whatever, tho i'm a bit sad it punishes me so hard for mashing, i wasn't expecting a real challenge, was hoping for a more mindless kind of thing. i've discovered about myself that i like these kyaaa kyaa kyaaa fighters but not enough to actually get good at them, i just want to play until i get stuck and uninstall them. i'll probably try and finish one playthrough of this and leave it behind me, at least to get through the silly story

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm getting everything finished up, but I'm still on track to reveal the GOTY winners on Valve time!

t1426273200z4.png

_hekk05

Banned
and i liked fairy bloom whatever, tho i'm a bit sad it punishes me so hard for mashing, i wasn't expecting a real challenge, was hoping for a more mindless kind of thing. i've discovered about myself that i like these kyaaa kyaa kyaaa fighters but not enough to actually get good at them, i just want to play until i get stuck and uninstall them. i'll probably try and finish one playthrough of this and leave it behind me, at least to get through the silly story

This needs to be a tag on steam. Somebody get to it!

Still need to buy phantom breaker battlegrounds.

r3n4ud

I'm sure everyone and their dog owns this, but alas...

ModBot [b said:
Instructions for participants:[/b]
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (r3n4ud, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

PGP3OVL.png
Witcher 2 (gog) -- MB-5952C09CECA10F0D - Taken by RedFyn

MadGear

There is a defense force for DOA5 Last Round $93 Season Pass and $93 Ultimate Pack.

I want everything for Kokoro but bless the superior kimono pictured above being unlockable and not paid DLC

Well but there is a huge difference between mere costumes and characters. But well, $93 is a lot ... even if you enjoy playing dressup. But then again, its the same with almost all free to play games where people spend way more than just that to get exclusive items. Also applies to Dota2 where many happily spend $20-30 just to get arcana items for a single hero. I guess if you enjoy a game that much its just like spending loads of money on any other hobby.

_hekk05

Banned
I remember some of the GMG/playfire people used to lurk and sometimes post over here too.

I remember calling out people and being really disappointed way back when playfire was so good.

Then when I found out so many people were doing it I just gave up. The dream is dead.

I did not have the same reaction. I thought VH had lots of variety in gameplay and it was always interesting and kept changing things up. It was very puzzle heavy so if that isn't your thing, I can see those parts dragging.
The "puzzles" are not challenging at all, that's why the game is dull. And I'm saying it as a person who's not even good at point & click adventure games.

Cth

It's been a while since I've had to build a PC.

Does anyone have a link to a site/article that can bring me up to speed on the differences between processors in the past ten years?

I'm thinking about picking up Cities Skyline but I'm not sure my system can handle it. Or more to the point, I think CPU wise it can, but graphics wise it might not.

Anyways, my laptop stats:
AMD A8-3520 APU Radeon HD 1.6GHz / 6GB RAM

C:S min requirements:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+, 3.2GHz / 4 GB RAM / nVIDIA GeForce GTX 260, 512 MB or ATI Radeon HD 5670, 512 MB

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
qce9oP7.gif

NiIrHQP.jpg

Spring Break Day 1

• Added Cook Off Heist as a standalone heist, based on Rats Day 1
  • Added Train Heist* as a standalone heist, based on Armored Transport: Train Heist (hostable for those who own the Armored Transport DLC and joinable for those who don't)
  • Added the Cooking By the Book Death Wish achievement
  • Changed the We're Gonna Need a Bigger Boat achievement, changing bag count from 40 to 20

Achievements

• Fixed an issue with achievements related to the Death Wish difficulty
  • "We are Rockstars on this job" now works as intended

zkylon

zkylewd
This needs to be a tag on steam. Somebody get to it!

Still need to buy phantom breaker battlegrounds.
i mean there's no real name for those kinds of games is it?

kyaaa kyaa fighters sounds like a decent enough definition, since they're basically brawly games in which you play as girls that go kyaaa kyaa every time you press a button lol

_hekk05

Banned
i mean there's no real name for those kinds of games is it?

kyaaa kyaa fighters sounds like a decent enough definition, since they're basically brawly games in which you play as girls that go kyaaa kyaa every time you press a button lol

Everytime i see kyaaa kyaa fighters I'm reminded of N64 super smash bros and kirby's up+B move sound effect.

Deques

Achievements

• Fixed an issue with achievements related to the Death Wish difficulty
  • "We are Rockstars on this job" now works as intended

It's already too late for me, I unlocked it yesterday without even playing the correct heist, difficulty and weapons

Molyneux just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about game development (I'm an expert), but honour and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in AAA development where you can become successful by spending a lot of money on marketing. If you screw someone over by giving them an incomplete game, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the gaming audience, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Godus, nor will they purchase any of Molyneux's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Molyneux has alienated an entire market with this move.

Molyneux, publicly apologize and finish Godus or you can kiss your business goodbye.

We need one of these about ScAMming Playfire rewards. It's almost built for it.

zkylon

zkylewd
dreaming sarah is out (from yesterday)!

cool, i really enjoyed what i played of it in early access, very interesting, confusing and sometimes disturbing dream world game, kind of like a puzzle metroidvania on a mellow hallucinogenic trip.

it's on sale at 3.50~ btw

Everytime i see kyaaa kyaa fighters I'm reminded of N64 super smash bros and kirby's up+B move sound effect.
can't remember, but sure

i kinda want something something magical festa (for some reason i can never fit in these games' whole names in my memory) now, that one looked fun and had tons of silly kyaaa kyaa girls to choose from

I'm getting everything finished up, but I'm still on track to reveal the GOTY winners on Valve time!

t1426273200z4.png
How are you planning on posting results? In this thread? I think making a new thread would be better. You gonna post all results at once or slowly dribble from lowest ranking to winner? Later would be more exciting and fun!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
How are you planning on posting results? In this thread? I think making a new thread would be better. You gonna post all results at once or slowly dribble from lowest ranking to winner? Later would be more exciting and fun!

I'll be posting the top 10 here in this thread, and then making a new thread for the final, conclusive results once the top spots have been revealed here.

I'll be posting them one at a time, starting with #10 and giving everyone about 10 minutes to discuss before posting the next.

I'll be posting the top 10 here in this thread, and then making a new thread for the final, conclusive results once the top spots have been revealed here.

I'll be posting them one at a time, starting with #10 and giving everyone about 10 minutes to discuss before posting the next.
So awesome! Really excited!
Thanks for taking on this task!

Tizoc

Interesting lookin forward to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom