• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

I'm in the mood for something particular, but I don't exactly know what that is...

Something containing a lot of (good) exploration and atleast more then three kinds of colors in it. Liniear or open doesn't really matter, I just want the levels and/or world to be interesting. And gamepad combatibility.
But mostly just an interesting world to explore. Like in Bioshock Infinite, the Souls games, Remember Me, Zelda titles... Creative, interesting places.

Any suggestions?

Ori and the Blind Forest.

fallout

If something is generating lots of negative buzz, maybe that's not a company you should be rewarding with your money. If you want to "see what it's about" you could probably watch someone play it on twitch or youtube.
Sometimes watching someone play it isn't quite the same. I'm not necessarily recommending that people do this, but I think it's a valid reason to check out a game if you're really that curious.

I also don't view my spending money on something as me rewarding a company. I view it as how I've chosen to spend my money.

Chariot

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure :p
tchaFmh.png

:)

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm in the mood for something particular, but I don't exactly know what that is...

Something containing a lot of (good) exploration and atleast more then three kinds of colors in it. Liniear or open doesn't really matter, I just want the levels and/or world to be interesting. And gamepad combatibility.
But mostly just an interesting world to explore. Like in Bioshock Infinite, the Souls games, Remember Me, Zelda titles... Creative, interesting places.

Any suggestions?

fairly unknown game but a favorite of mine, the void

it's a russian game about exploring some sort of hellish limbo in which the currency is "color" and you do bizarre magic gardening and monster fighting and there are naked ladies in it if you're into that stuff

it doesn't work with a gamepad but if you want an interesting world there's very little like it

Any suggestions?

Thief (2014). Suffer with me.
Is it top five in our list?
Surely SteamGAF has better taste than that.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Dishonored?
Hmmm, yeah. That might just satisfy my itch. The whole outsider thing is a bit of a turn of, or atleast in the way he appears in reviews and trailers, but the steampunkey world looks really intruiging.
And non-lethal possibilities, oooh!
Have you played Transistor?
I have played a small part, and that's the kinda creative stuff i'm looking for. However, there was a certain enemy that took snapshots if I remember correctly, which was really flashy and, well...
I'm afraid i'll have to pass, considering how active my epilepsy is these day's.

Good call though, love the art-style. :)
Thief (2014). Suffer with me.
I actually really enjoyed what i've played. Beautifully dark world with a touch of steampunk. Never played any of the other games, so that didn't bother me either.
It did, however, crash a ton. I should get back to it and see how it performs now.

Backlogger

Have you played Transistor?

I've been playing that on my PS4 and I must say that at first I was "meh" about the combat mechanics until I realized how dumb I was being. It starts to become very satisfying as you unlock more skills and build your own skill combos.

The only thing is I always end up standing or sitting really close to my TV otherwise the action seems too far away. For me I think this game would be better on a PC sitting at a desk.

Great game though! Going to try to finish it this weekend.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
fairly unknown game but a favorite of mine, the void

it's a russian game about exploring some sort of hellish limbo in which the currency is "color" and you do bizarre magic gardening and monster fighting and there are naked ladies in it if you're into that stuff

it doesn't work with a gamepad but if you want an interesting world there's very little like it
I love weird! Added to the wishlist. This looks really interesting.
Thanks! :)

dex3108

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Considering the majority of the film is battle footage, I can't say I'm surprised.

It's probably due more to the fact that DLC sales are almost guaranteed to be underwhelming for a game that people finished almost a year ago and it's just not worth the amount of effort it would take to create 6 more levels + cutscenes. Having played the series, it's pretty easy to imagine how they would break up the movie/battle into separate levels.

zkylon

zkylewd
I love weird! Added to the wishlist. This looks really interesting.
Thanks! :)

nice to hear you might give it a chance, it goes really cheap during the big sales (like 1 or 2$) so u should probably wait until a sale, but it's a very unique game, lots of crazy visuals of twisted magical trees mixed with rusty industrial russian-like steel buildings and then beautiful ponds and lots of other crazy stuff

the designs of the "brothers" are also really disturbing, there's a guy who's ribcage is actually shaped like a bird cage and a guy that's got a phonograph for a torso, etc.

it's pretty out there, but it's consistent about it and it's very fascinating to look at (also very good score)

and not to get into the bizarre gameplay of doing some survival horror-esque resource management while drawing magical glyphs on screen and deceiving them evil brothers and shit

it's totally cray

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's probably due more to the fact that DLC sales are almost guaranteed to be underwhelming for a game that people finished almost a year ago and it's just not worth the amount of effort it would take to create 6 more levels + cutscenes. Having played the series, it's pretty easy to imagine how they would break up the movie/battle into separate levels.

Yeah, I was about to edit in something to that effect. Didn't realise it was already a year old at first, haha.

I'm in queue for AMD giveaway, yay !
I won't get it, will I? >.<
Yeah... Unable to Assign a Key for AMD RADEON&#8482; Never Settle Space Edition Group Giveaway >.<

Turfster

Daily Broken Sword franchise 60% off

Albino Hunter keys were added to Groupees Community Bundle 4

GetGamesGo is doing a Racing sale up to 80% off

GOG is doing a 60% off EA classics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom