• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Less than an hour left!

t1426273200z4.png

56479-Inglorious-Basterds-anticipati-0kPd.gif

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

w5Bqht8.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-48AC856075F054C1 - Taken by Zeeman

Eternia

I disabled Flash in Chrome and still this is memory usage
otlRcLY.jpg

It is getting ridiculous. I need to close GAF every 15-20 minutes.
I had issues in the past with Chrome taking ridiculous amounts of memory for months. Any kind of image? or video heavy content in a tab would cause it to skyrocket either from opening a lot of pages in a short period of time or just leaving it idling. It must have been a random update a few months ago that fixed it for me. I don't think I saw an actual solution to it though.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I fucking love that they are adding horror icons to mortal kombat.

I kind of wish they would just run with the idea and make a full game of horror characters rather than just have them as guests tho

pinhead vs michael myers would be a sight to behold.

That's what Terrordrome is for.

Well, a game that includes the third film as a small part of the game isn't necessarily a "new game based on the film" (or DLC), as it would only be part of a compilation of both Lego The Hobbit and LOTR.

Kind of like how Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga included some new content (though it was originally cut content from the first game so it's a slightly different case).

Chariot

I never understood how that % works, is the number of unsolved cases?
Pretty much.
I had issues in the past with Chrome taking ridiculous amounts of memory for months. Any kind of image? or video heavy content in a tab would cause it to skyrocket either from opening a lot of pages in a short period of time or just leaving it idling. It must have been a random update a few months ago that fixed it for me. I don't think I saw an actual solution to it though.
Lately the initial load of YouTbe takes a few seconds where the tab is frozen until it's finished.

dex3108

For me issue is only on GAF. Ad platform is main issue because when i blocked it for test everything was fine. Flash + Ads = issues :D

pretty much, i found it kind of boring and at the same time too hectic and generally not a very enjoyable game to play

so disappointing ;_;

RE: Transistor

Man, I had a completely different experience from you and SalsaSnack.

I found the combos invigorating, and each time I was able to upgrade just pushed me that much closer towards the specialization I desired. I never felt OP but still felt more powerful with progression, which is one fine line the game walked. The other was the story that waffled between logical pieces of information and feeling-based elliptical moments.

I thought the game was a massive success.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It would be hilarious to see you post mere minutes beforehand that something came up and you have to postpone it.

:p

I walked down 3 flights of stairs earlier and thought "oh god, if I get hurt or die or stumble down these stairs now those results really are cursed"

BasilZero

Assassin's Creed IV Question

Any difference between Freedom Cry standalone and Freedom Cry DLC? lol.

Does it just add the entry on the steam library and nothing else right?

I walked down 3 flights of stairs earlier and thought "oh god, if I get hurt or die or stumble down these stairs now those results really are cursed"
Maybe there is a curse and Orange unraveled it. The only way to get rid was to make you eat a special cake hold the Steam GOTY Award :p

Eternia

Lately the initial load of YouTbe takes a few seconds where the tab is frozen until it's finished.
Don't think I've noticed any of that on my end.

For me issue is only on GAF. Ad platform is main issue because when i blocked it for test everything was fine. Flash + Ads = issues :D
Flash does suck since forever. That's fortunately an easy solution for you though.

So I guess I'll toss up my thoughts on Dreamfall: The Longest Journey 6 hours in so far. I feel it's worse than the first game. The camera controls are pretty bad in narrow corridors, "combat" is clunky, puzzles seem a bit uninspired and the action elements don't add that much to me. I think even the voice acting is a step or two down. I'm still invested in completing the story so I will keep going.

MRORANGE

Guys there's a slight issue with the data I gave to jshackles, some of its incorrect, we're gonna have to delay the steam GAF Goty.

Apologies.

jshackles

Guys there's a slight issue with the data I gave to jshackles, some of its incorrect, we're gonna have to delay the steam GAF Goty.

Apologies.

giphy.gif

lol

zkylon

zkylewd
RE: Transistor

Man, I had a completely different experience from you and SalsaSnack.

I found the combos invigorating, and each time I was able to upgrade just pushed me that much closer towards the specialization I desired. I never felt OP but still felt more powerful with progression, which is one fine line the game walked. The other was the story that waffled between logical pieces of information and feeling-based elliptical moments.

I thought the game was a massive success.

i like a lot of the building blocks of transistor, i just don't enjoy playing the game cos i think its combat is kinda of too fast or too simple in realtime/rtwp respectively

im thinking of giving it another shot someday, specially since i loved bastion so much, but i never get the motivation to

jshackles

jHvBOTN.png

Welcome to the second annual NeoGaf Steam GOTY Award. This award is given to the game that SteamGAF has considered to be the best title of 2014. Due to the incredible MRORANGE being busy, results have been delayed until now. A call for "recount" votes was sent out on March 10th, but was closed on March 12th when MRORANGE sent me all of the original votes.

I'll be posting the results starting at #10 and working down finally to #1 in this thread.

Once all of the winners have been revealed, I'll create a new thread with the full results for discussion.

So - let's get things started, shall we?

HqHVC8k.png

Oh, never played Alien, but I expected it to be higher actually, seemed to be pretty popular here from what I saw at least. Also, you got lucky getting the top of the game :p

rtcn63

Transistor bored me. I only played two or three hours, maybe I'll pick it up again since the combat supposedly improves.

jshackles

How long before each entries posts?

Probably about 5 minutes or so, anything more and the top 10 will take over an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom