• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

Hey SteamGAF can you check memory usage for NeoGAF in your browser? Last 7-10 days memory usage is extremely high when i am using NeoGAF.

And another alienware bot giveaway.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Counter-Strike series is half off for a few days. Also, I'm dumb and forgot to buy Distance.

Dr Dogg

That's only the Gold Tier, not Silver.

Check this pic and then what I said.
AMD_GPU_RR_Space_Banner_Silver.png

Hey SteamGAF can you check memory usage for NeoGAF in your browser? Last 7-10 days memory usage is extremely high when i am using NeoGAF.

And another alienware bot giveaway.

It's those Barcardi Untameable ads I've been getting the past 2 days! Well probably not but some ads have been a bit heavier than usual but that's on account of flash being a bloated piece of shit.

Maniac

Banned
That's funny, no demand for racing games on PC, eh Phil? PC happens to be the best platform for racing game enthusiasts because of infinite wheel support, support for all kinds of devices starting from gear shifters to head tracking, VR, racing benches with all types of force feedback and pneumatics (don't even know what I'm talking about here, the technology gets all kinds of crazy when you start looking into it). It all works on PC and that's why racing games have always been one of the best genres on PC. Backwards compatibility isn't limited to supporting just about every single wheel ever released but also to games that would have otherwise been lost. Richard Burns Rally is still by far the best rally racing simulation ever made and on the console side, that was PS2/Xbox game. On PC, it works just fine and has had thousands of mods over the years including the latest rally cars, tons of real life rally stages and the list goes on. So Phil, you are wrong in every possible way.

And here's the real reason for no Forza on PC: they need exclusives on Xbox. Also playing Forza at 4k at 144Hz on modified/new tracks with the latest racing hardware would slightly dampen the mood of Xbox gamers and I'm not trying to ridicule them because I own just about every Forza game, and I do own multiple Xbox systems. But to say there's no demand for racing games on PC, that's about as bad as anything any Microsoft employee/boss has ever said.
What? Heyll na, PC gamers only pirate games and we hate racing sims! That's... Why we're the reason that Wreckfest and Project CARS exists. Because we hate games and don't want to pay for them.
/s, for clarity

And don't get me started on his FPS comment... ~_~'

Phil is obviously a liar (not so much pathological as intentional, business-minded lying) and a bit of... Well, a bit of a dumbo. He genuinely seems to be lacking a lot of vital knowledge in regards to the PC space, and ontop of that he tends to lie about what he does know. Lovely bloke, eh.

The Counter-Strike series is half off for a few days. Also, I'm dumb and forgot to buy Distance.

my original comment was going to be "well look at the bright side, you save money" but then i saw the poster and my new comment is"haha now go spend full price, you're gonna buy it anyway." :p

dex3108

It's those Barcardi Untameable ads I've been getting the past 2 days! Well probably not but some ads have been a bit heavier than usual but that's on account of flash being a bloated piece of shit.

I disabled Flash in Chrome and still this is memory usage
otlRcLY.jpg

It is getting ridiculous. I need to close GAF every 15-20 minutes.

DocSeuss

What? Heyll na, PC gamers only pirate games and we hate racing sims! That's... Why we're the reason that Wreckfest and Project CARS exists. Because we hate games and don't want to pay for them.
/s, for clarity

And don't get me started on his FPS comment... ~_~'

Phil is obviously a liar (not so much pathological as intentional, business-minded lying) and a bit of... Well, a bit of a dumbo. He genuinely seems to be lacking a lot of vital knowledge in regards to the PC space, and ontop of that he tends to lie about what he does know. Lovely bloke, eh.

His FPS comment is on point, though. The PC shooter market is a bit different from the console market.

abracadaver

I want to copy some of my big steam games to an external HDD and give to my friend so that he does not need to download the games. Evil Within for example would take 6-8 hours to download for him.

Does it matter that I have DLC installed that he does not own? Will his Steam just ignore the files?

Salsa

Transistor kinda bored me

im still gonna finish it cause I hear it's short and I only really stopped cause I got The Evil Within, but yeah

Dr Dogg

I disabled Flash in Chrome and still this is memory usage
otlRcLY.jpg

It is getting ridiculous. I need to close GAF every 15-20 minutes.

On this page I've got 102mb memory usage under Chrome. Though only extensions I've got running are LastPass, Xmarks, Stylish, HTTPS Everywhere and Enhanced Steam so memory footprint is going to be low. Though 10 times bigger is crazy on your end.

I'm pretty sure I've checked everywhere, but there hasn't been any news regarding Fairy Fencer F's Steam release besides "this year" right?

dex3108

On this page I've got 102mb memory usage under Chrome. Though only extensions I've got running are LastPass, Xmarks, Stylish, HTTPS Everywhere and Enhanced Steam so memory footprint is going to be low. Though 10 times bigger is crazy on your end.

I am not using AdBlock and i will never use it! But i made quick test now with AdBlock and this is how memory usage looks. (AdBlock is already deleted)

ZwzyVRL.jpg

So Ad platform is issue for me :(

Try to buy Titanfall base edition on Origin :D

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
An hour and a half left until the exciting results are revealed!

t1426273200z4.png

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

im still gonna finish it cause I hear it's short and I only really stopped cause I got The Evil Within, but yeah

you should finish Hotline Miami 2. The game is the shit from scene 20 and afterwards

edit: steam pop-up: "Salsa is now playing Hotline Miami 2." the stuff that warms the heart

zkylon

zkylewd
I always have fun. fun fun fun fun.

fun fun fun

pretty much, i found it kind of boring and at the same time too hectic and generally not a very enjoyable game to play

so disappointing ;_;

people are being all "lol game is dead" laughing about it but this is seriously a really cool thing of them to do, and out of EA no less

I got back to it a couple days ago when this started and it's been fun. ton of new stuff
yea, we should play together after i buy my new card

and on the same day let's finally do that stealth mission on payday 2 and work on our game!

it'll be a day to remember!

yuraya

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...ls-but-steam-machines-are-looking-like-a-flop

pretty much. If it weren't for their VR stuff, this would have been yet another middling to bad showing by them.

No matter what happens with this stuff Valve will not be harmed in anyway. If the Steam machines flop companies like Alienware and IBuypowers of the world will eat up the cost not Valve. Same with the VR headset. If it flops HTC will eat up up the costs not Valve. Valve isn't manufacturing any of this stuff in their basement like some of these other companies (MS, Sony, etc). The only thing Valve has too worry about is SteamOS and the controller/link. SteamOS is an alternative to Windows not a competitor and surely the controller/link will sell well. If not Valve will eat up a couple million dollars worth of hats and keys. Whats a couple million dollars to Gabe Newell? He is forbes billionaire he won't care. He is playing a very smart card in all of this.

Naamloos-1.png

Edit: also shame on all of you who were dissing Valiant Hearts in the past couple pages. It was part of my GOTY vote. It had the best presentation and story out of any game last year. Game is fantastic and should be played by everyone.

Dr Dogg

I'm about one lapse moment in judgement from buying Titanfall so we should all plan an international SteamGAF meet up.

I am not using AdBlock and i will never use it! But i made quick test now with AdBlock and this is how memory usage looks. (AdBlock is already deleted)

ZwzyVRL.jpg

So Ad platform is issue for me :(

Try to buy Titanfall base edition on Origin :D

Most of the ads on GAF I get are AdSense so maybe try fiddling with Googles targeted ads setting and web history controls might normalise thing. That or go look at some dubious stuff and change what ads get pushed to you :p

You can get the standard edition to show via web browser but on adding it to your cart it says it's unavailable.

I paid $35 for titanfall at launch and only played it for 2 days.

It's pretty fun but the basic loop of run around a large map->kill a few things->now i'm in my titan gets kinda old after a while.

but at like $5 with all of the DLC it really is a no-brainer. you'll definitely get your money's worth and see what all the fuss was about.

zkylon

zkylewd
I paid $35 for titanfall at launch and only played it for 2 days.

It's pretty fun but the basic loop of run around a large map->kill a few things->now i'm in my titan gets kinda old after a while.

but at like $5 with all of the DLC it really is a no-brainer. you'll definitely get your money's worth and see what all the fuss was about.
yeah i bought it for 6 a couple weeks ago and suddenly this surprise is super great

i think the core of titanfall is really good, but yeah, it could stand to have more variety, even tho it's consistently given me great moments of blowing up a titan and being propelled into the air and landing on another one and other fun shit

i hope they do a better business model for titanfall 2

f2p with cosmetics or cheap with cosmetics would be great

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (lashman, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ski-World Simulator -- MB-C0E5F88474A3C785 - Taken by NingenJanai. 1 entrants total.
Hacker Evolution: Duality - Inception Part 2 -- MB-F6CC4E9BC2EF30E4 - Taken by Akuosa. 2 entrants total.
Orc Attack: Flatulent Rebellions -- MB-523135CA59170622 - Taken by xGreg. 1 entrants total.
Marine Sharpshooter II: Jungle Warfare -- MB-64AE3A2416794CA2 - Taken by RedFyn
Majestic Nights -- MB-89661ECA7859F95E - Taken by darkchewie. 5 entrants total.
Snowcat Simulator -- MB-254116A071BDA684 - Taken by arts&crafts

t1426269760z1.png

for all you crazy Germans out there ;)

No matter what happens with this stuff Valve will not be harmed in anyway. If the Steam machines flop companies like Alienware and IBuypowers of the world will eat up the cost not Valve. Same with the VR headset. If it flops HTC will eat up up the costs not Valve. Valve isn't manufacturing any of this stuff in their basement like some of these other companies (MS, Sony, etc). The only thing Valve has too worry about is SteamOS and the controller/link. SteamOS is an alternative to Windows not a competitor and surely the controller/link will sell well. If not Valve will eat up a couple million dollars worth of hats and keys. Whats a couple million dollars to Gabe Newell? He is forbes billionaire he won't care. He is playing a very smart card in all of this.

Care to explain the difference? Are they meant to run in parallel the same way people use more than one browser? Is SteamOS being given away free?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Care to explain the difference? Are they meant to run in parallel the same way people use more than one browser? Is SteamOS being given away free?

Yes, SteamOS is being given out for free. It's really just a Debian-based Linux variant that boots directly into Big Picture Mode.

I think he meant that it's not made to compete with other operating systems because it's highly specialized. Just like the PS4 OS isn't competing with your desktop PC's OS - it's just not what it's intended for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom