• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone get this security warning icon on Indie Gala? It seems to happen sometimes on their site. False positive or something to be concerned about?

igpagew_zpsp2kr4zvm.png

I clicked on the warning icon, which then brought up the explanation box seen in the image above.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just for you Dogg

GllYM6w.png

Didn't know DOS was getting one either, that's the whole reason I've held off getting too far into W2. Guess I better hurry my ass through so the mechanics don't change midpoint through the game.

Divinity: Original Sin's update details GONNA ROCK

Wasteland 2's update details
(This is a console release thread, but the PC version should be getting identical upgrades.)

Just for you Dogg

GllYM6w.png

Three... infinity. Half-Life 3's release date confirmed.

zkylon

zkylewd
played 5 out of the 10 games in the list, out of those 5 two i didn't like (mgr r and transistor), one i didn't put in my top 5 (divinity) and other 2 are great (dks2 and shovel knight)

it's nice that divinity won, but imo it wasn't that great of a game (or at least the rest of the game wasn't as amazing as the beginning)

Dr Dogg

Just for you Dogg

GllYM6w.png

Huh? Well I stuck it in 5th so it only got a point from me. So with getting 10 points and subtracting my own vote that only leaves 2 votes and 9 points which the only combination to get that number is a number 2 and number 1 slot. derExperte voted for it and he's not that crackers so I'm guessing his is the 2nd place so that begs the question. Who actually voted Watch Dogs as their favourite game of the year?

Call of Duty was a legit good game last year and you kids gave Watch Dogs, a poor man's GTA made by two inebriated dachshunds who didn't know how to code in C#, more points.

y'all crazy.

Salsa

I absolutely forgot Killer is Dead existed and that I was halfway through it

like, I literally just remembered it's a thing

denx

So can we make recommendations for the next year's GOTY voting?

This thread is obviously primarily focused on Steam releases, however we also do a nice bit of coverage about PC gaming in general, and since this thread is one of the biggest threads on NeoGAF focused on PC gaming I think it would be a good idea to expand the scope of the voting process and include new releases that are exclusive to other important PC platforms (Origin, uPlay, Battle.net), as to give newcomers to PC gaming a more complete idea of what's cooking in PC gaming in general. I'm sure there are a lot of people who would had voted for Hearthstone, DA:I, Titanfall (me), Elite Dangerous, etc.

I dunno, thoughts?

derExperte

Huh? Well I stuck it in 5th so it only got a point from me. So with getting 10 points and subtracting my own vote that only leaves 2 votes and 9 points which the only combination to get that number is a number 2 and number 1 slot. derExperte voted for it and he's not that crackers so I'm guessing his is the 2nd place so that begs the question. Who actually voted Watch Dogs as their favourite game of the year?

I put it as #5 too. At least in my second vote, maybe I didn't vote for it in my first and that was counted.

I absolutely forgot Killer is Dead existed and that I was halfway through it

like, I literally just remembered it's a thing

There's a joke in there somewhere, I'm sure.

This thread is obviously primarily focused on Steam releases, however we also do a nice bit of coverage about PC gaming in general, and since this thread is one of the biggest threads on NeoGAF focused on PC gaming I think it would be a good idea to expand the scope of the voting process and include new releases that are exclusive to other important PC platforms (Origin, uPlay, Battle.net), as to give newcomers to PC gaming a more complete idea of what's cooking in PC gaming in general. I'm sure there are a lot of people who would had voted for Hearthstone, DA:I, Titanfall (me), etc.

I dunno, thoughts?
For the Steam GotY awards, it should be Steam only. And people should only vote for the games they own on Steam. It'll make the results interesting. For instance, had I voted, I wouldn't be able to put my GAF GotY #1 on the list because I had it on GOG, not Steam.

If it's a general PC GotY, then I guess your suggestions make sense. But in that case it would overlap a lot with the GAF GotY and be largely redundant.

Does anyone get this security warning icon on Indie Gala? It seems to happen sometimes on their site. False positive or something to be concerned about?

igpagew_zpsp2kr4zvm.png

I clicked on the warning icon, which then brought up the explanation box seen in the image above.

I don't think it's anything to worry about. From what I can tell, the blocked content is probably just some Google API stuff and fonts.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

This thread is obviously primarily focused on Steam releases, however we also do a nice bit of coverage about PC gaming in general, and since this thread is one of the biggest threads on NeoGAF focused on PC gaming I think it would be a good idea to expand the scope of the voting process and include new releases that are exclusive to other important PC platforms (Origin, uPlay, Battle.net), as to give newcomers to PC gaming a more complete idea of what's cooking in PC gaming in general. I'm sure there are a lot of people who would had voted for Hearthstone, DA:I, Titanfall (me), Elite Dangerous, etc.

I dunno, thoughts?
Nah I think pure Steam releases is just fine.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I put it as #5 too. At least in my second vote, maybe I didn't vote for it in my first and that was counted.

I think maybe you confused the voting. Here's what I have in your GOTY vote:

Game 1 (5 points) : Watch_Dogs

So - you voted for it as top spot, actually. I copied MRORANGE's stuff word for word, sorry if it was confusing :(

Terra_Ex

Good list overall, pleased that Divinity won, good to see Wolfenstein and Alien in prominent positions too. Dragonfall should have been higher though.

Dr Dogg

Hmmmm. It's like that Florida recount all over again...

No one voted for Assassin's Creed: Unity?

You guys talk about Assassin's Creed constantly. That's surprising.

Considering in this thread alone 426 different people have posting 'you guys' as in the AC Fan Club here is a pretty small in the grand scheme of things.

I think maybe you confused the voting. Here's what I have in your GOTY vote:

So - you voted for it as top spot, actually. I copied MRORANGE's stuff word for word, sorry if it was confusing :(

Bwahahahahaha!!!

yuraya

I know its early in the year but if I had to make a bold prediction. I would say Ori and the Blind Forest will make it into the top 10 in next years results. Its really an amazing game from what I played so far. I think the safest bet will be Phantom Pain @ # 1 and Witcher 3 @ #2.

Chariot

Well, good to see that I wasn't the only one who was confused. :D

I think instead of "Game X (Y Points): [Gamename]" next time there should be just the number as an clear ordering list. "1. [Gamename] (5 Points)"

Salsa

finished Hotline Miami 2

it's not as good as 1 but I still loved it. Some of the design choices aren't good, but I still appreciate them not doing just more of the same

also the ending is cray

Great list. Although I would be curious to know where Dragon Age would rank if it had been allowed. Maybe next time we can try PC-GAF game of the year because this thread is basically the de facto PC gaming thread anyway.

denx

i really wish i could just vote for team fortress 2 every year

would make it so much easier

ftfy

But yeah, I guess it could get a bit hectic if we included other non-Steam games in the voting. However having a separate general PC gaming GOTY voting would be largely redundant since most games of note are on Steam already. That's why I think folding new non-Steam releases into this voting would be a better idea.

I just really want an excuse to vote for Hearthstone and Titanfall :p

Grief.exe

Considering in this thread alone 426 different people have posting 'you guys' as in the AC Fan Club here is a pretty small in the grand scheme of things.

Vocal minority!

Great list. Although I would be curious to know where Dragon Age would rank if it had been allowed. Maybe next time we can try PC-GAF game of the year because this thread is basically the de facto PC gaming thread anyway.

In a banner year for the genre, I would imagine out of the top ten.

Wolfenstien... the only game in that top ten that I agree with. Shadows of Mordor was great and I really enjoyed it, it should have been higher up. But man, the rest of that list.... People clearly are on drugs.

jshackles

Nobody's noticed yet that I changed the banner image for D:OS

rtcn63

D:OS. Don't do a melee character. The skills are far and few, have absurdly long cool downs, and the character needs to be buffed to high heaven for them to be remotely effective. Oh, and their accuracy is shit regardless, so it'll often be all for naught. The mage can use their most powerful skills many times over in the same period, and they rarely fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom