• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

Could be worse. The writing and the world didn't do much for me, and that quest system, but it made me a fan of the genre.

iosefe

And now... your SteamGAF GOTY 2014 winner:

ytycq9K.png

and no one was surprised.

reminds me that i need to continue my save

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Here is the full list:

HqHVC8k.png

jRBFiDV.png

Rk3XS5p.png

BFU3LJi.png

JLG5YKF.png

ek5DBPh.png

SQS35lc.png

zD3drvw.png

sQETv47.png

ytycq9K.png

I'm putting a thread together, stay tuned

denx

Unfortunately, votes for The Wolf Among Us were disqualified, as the rules state that the first episode of an episodic game had to be released that year. It actually took 25th place last year.
Ah that sucks :(

I think episodic games should only be considered forma voting once the whole thing is finished, like alpha/beta/early access games.

Phinor

Slightly surprised that Wasteland 2 is missing from the top 10 while Divinity sits at #1. They aren't the same game really but I always thought those two are kind of companion pieces to one another.

Jawmuncher

Divinity is still sitting in my backlog, maybe some day.
Alien, Dark Souls 2, and Transistor were games I voted for. Kind of surprised to see Wolfenstein so high up. Also no Evil Within in sight. That's pretty sad.

Lomax

And now... your SteamGAF GOTY 2014 winner:

ytycq9K.png

Wasn't even close, really. Looks like basically everyone who voted Divinity really loved it, while Dark Souls II seemed to slip to #3 or lower for most people.

Slightly surprised that Wasteland 2 is missing from the top 10 while Divinity sits at #1. They aren't the same game really but I always thought those two are kind of companion pieces to one another.

Wasteland 2's buzz just diminished over time, it honestly wouldn't surprise me to see Shadowrun Dragonfall above it in the final results. Divinity just took off once it went to wide release and was pretty universally loved. The only game that didn't crack the top 10 I expected to see there was Endless Legend, and I think if the Hexcells buzz had hit a bit earlier and wasn't split between three games it might have made it.

yuraya

Disappointed Banner Saga, Final Fantasy XIII and Valkyria didn't get any love. Other than that you did good SteamGaf. You did good.

Wasteland 2 really needed more time in development to iron out its issues.

Interestingly enough, both DOS and W2 are getting a "director's cut" update that will overhaul the game. For W2 this will coincide with the console version, I believe. (No idea how that's ever going to work out, but whatevs.)

Nete

I'm really curious on the games outside the top 10. Banner Saga shouldn't appear too low, and I will probably be the only one who voted for Door Kickers.

Jawmuncher

Interestingly enough, both DOS and W2 are getting a "director's cut" update that will overhaul the game. For W2 this will coincide with the console version, I believe. (No idea how that's ever going to work out, but whatevs.)

Well looks like I can wait some more for the directors cut then for Dos

derExperte

Where's the goat? No Ethan Carter? Luftrausers. :( At least Wolf made it, beyond that I'll console myself with having a superior, totally not mainstream taste.

Teeth

Really?

Well I guess I know what I'll be waiting for.

Uzzy

Only got Dark Souls 2 and Transistor in the top 10. No love for Valkyria makes me sad. No love for Shadowrun makes me angry. You're no longer my chummer, SteamGAF. ;_;

Will we see the full list of votes, jshackles?

Vlad

I played rebirth, but
I prefer the first one (don't kill me)

Why, just out of curiosity. While there are definitely a few things that soured me on Rebirth, like the vastly inferior soundtrack and the bullshitty super-secret character, it seemed to me like an all-around improvement.

Dsyndrome

Didn't know DOS was getting one either, that's the whole reason I've held off getting too far into W2. Guess I better hurry my ass through so the mechanics don't change midpoint through the game.

Salsa

didnt realize Shantae was on sale

honestly would prefer to play it on the 3DS (huehuheu) but for two fiddy i'll get it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom