• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Wolfenstien... the only game in that top ten that I agree with. Shadows of Mordor was great and I really enjoyed it, it should have been higher up. But man, the rest of that list.... People clearly are on drugs.

Wanting Shadow of Mordor to be any higher on the list just suggests that you are the one on drugs. It wasn't even top 20 material.

rtcn63

I do a lot of drugs

wtd1ebjpg.gif

Kinda weird that GOTY records started from number 17) instead of 1) but other wise it's a pretty solid top-3

17) Wasteland 2
2) Dark Souls 2
18) The Evil Within

Math is weird but yeah, solid top-3!

Actually, I don't really care about which number number what game had, great gaming year anyway. Only thing I wouldn't put near the top 10 is Shadow Of Mordor, but then again, it's one of the only ones I don't own and it most likely looks much much much more tepid on video than it plays.

I will say, in my defense I just don't understand the whole Dark Souls thing. Everyone seems to love the first one, but I saw nothing but badmouthing when 2 came out and then it wins game of the year. Just seems odd to me. Personally I can't stand those games and found the first one extremely boring.

The drugs comment was a joke guys. come on... guys?... Where'd everyone go?

Dsyndrome

I will say, in my defense I just don't understand the whole Dark Souls thing. Everyone seems to love the first one, but I saw nothing but badmouthing when 2 came out and then it wins game of the year. Just seems odd to me. Personally I can't stand those games and found the first one extremely boring.

People that like the game are too busy playing to bitch.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I had a great time doing the GOTY voting this year and watching everyone guess stuff as the top 10 were revealed was a real treat.

I'll definitely be doing it again next year, unless MRORANGE wants to take over again.

MGS4 has won the GAF Game Of The Forever award twice and no-one does nothing else but complain about it.

Then again, 'Souls was the best series last gen and Dark Souls 2 is a worthy sequel so it's well deserved.

WeaselJCD

Neo Member
Don't know if this has been posted, but here is an interesting video (at least I found it very interesting) about the steam VR headset (it's from the GDC so it's mostly focused on the developing side) and it gives some insight on VR experiences, and how developers have to rethink a lot of established stuff.
also its moderated by someone from Valve

My Steam GOTY is Dark Souls 2 but I didn't vote

Grief.exe

Being of reduced quality to one of the greatest games of all time, does not mean that it doesn't have merit.

MGS4 has won the GAF Game Of The Forever award twice and no-one does nothing else but complain about it.

Then again, 'Souls was the best series last gen and Dark Souls 2 is a worthy sequel so it's well deserved.

It might have been, its just from what I remember, everyone hated the second one when it came out, so it's just kinda surprising that it won... although not surprising at all at the same time since everyone thinks that series is the greatest thing of all time ever.

Maybe I just don't get it, but I can tell you right now, Bloodborne will be GOTY 2015 no matter if it is good or not (When I saw it at E3 last year, it actually did look pretty cool, partially because I like the setting more than the actual gameplay) because the people who love those games are more vocal about that series than any other game I've ever seen.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
We need a $5 Games-from-Yesteryear of the Year list

Or a G(litch)OTY award. Everyone votes for their favorite Steam-related price glitch!

Vlad

We need a $5 Games-from-Yesteryear of the Year list

Absolutely this. It felt really weird buying Rebirth and Hotline Miami 2 at full price, since I'm usually at least a year or two behind on games, if not more.

For example, I'm currently playing through Fez and Arkham Asylum with Mirror's Edge most likely up next.

Dr Dogg

More like we need a games you've played and beat this year award. I'm willing to bet most of what I finish this year will have been for the past 4, 5, 6 years instead of 2015.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I'd actually be interested in what the top 5 games played within the past few months were, regardless of when they actually came out. So like a list of 1. Cities Skylines, 2. System Shock 2, etc. would be perfectly valid.

But that'd be too much effort I guess.

edit: or yeah, what Dr. Dogg said.

Absolutely this. It felt really weird buying Rebirth and Hotline Miami 2 at full price, since I'm usually at least a year or two behind on games, if not more.

For example, I'm currently playing through Fez and Arkham Asylum with Mirror's Edge most likely up next.

All those games are great! Arkham Asylum was SOOOOO Good! I wish I could replay it for the first time

Kuroyume

Banned
Thanks jshackles and Mr. Organge for running the vote.

Respect to everyone who gave Isaac some love.

That list is pretty great.

Being of reduced quality to one of the greatest games of all time, does not mean that it doesn't have merit.

This is pretty much it.

Further once all the dlc was out? You could argue it fixed a lot of issues with Dark Souls 2 and made it a much stronger package just by adding in some more quality with the quantity.

It is still a brilliant game.

Overall I think the votes highlight what an average year it was for gaming on the "big end". That is, you don't really have too many stand out titles, just lots of good games below targeted at different people.

I'm happy with that, it shows great diversity for the platform.

But do play 1001 spikes. It shits all over shovel knight.

Arthea

More like we need a games you've played and beat this year award. I'm willing to bet most of what I finish this year will have been for the past 4, 5, 6 years instead of 2015.

I find it being more of the 50/50 in my case, half are new shiny games, half are ones I never got around playing but wanted. This year will be a little different because I literally am not buying games that I can finish those I started and never finished.

I honestly don't understand the love Binding of Isaac gets.

we should make a club, you and me for this exact purpose

I had to replace two tires earlier this week so I'm going to do my best to slow down soon and get caught up on my backlog, especially given I'm going to be going back to school in the Fall. Didn't make as much as I would have liked working full time, but I'm not qualified to estimate the ebb and flow of the oil industry :p

Vlad

All those games are great! Arkham Asylum was SOOOOO Good! I wish I could replay it for the first time

Yeah, that's sort of the nice thing about being perpetually behind: you can really cherry-pick the games that have held up over time. I haven't really followed the last couple console generations (I own a Wii, but that's about it), but a lot of the games seem to follow a cycle of intense hype followed by abject disappointment.

Of course, someone semi-spoiled some Fez-related stuff for me in another thread, but it didn't seem to be anything too major so far.

Dr Dogg

Ah bollocks! I've just remembered TESO goes Buy 2 Play next week and I still haven't downloaded and registered my account. I better not lose my digital swag and free 'premium' game time for a game I'll likely never play after the main critical path.

Arthea

Ah bollocks! I've just remembered TESO goes Buy 2 Play next week and I still haven't downloaded and registered my account. I better not lose my digital swag and free 'premium' game time for a game I'll likely never play after the main critical path.

btw I missed BAFTA this year, was playing Shallie and .... time runs by playing Atelier games way too fast.
Have you seen it? Anything of notice happened?

zkylon

zkylewd
dead state post mortem is interesting

apparently the game sold to their lowest expectations, but it'll afford them to make a new game, tho it'll definitely not be a sequel or a rpg

makes sense, and i hope them the best, dead state was a great game but an overambitious one. for the most part it delivered but it was as clunky as a game can get. if they can do something that's more polished while keeping their design ideals then i bet they'll be successful.

you can find it, if you doubt me so much ;)
NEVER

Playing level 6 of Hexcells Infinite:

6-5 is like

iwMv4UzPLVR2u.gif

also your gif is not nice

Dr Dogg

btw I missed BAFTA this year, was playing Shallie and .... time runs by playing Atelier games way too fast.
Have you seen it? Anything of notice happened?

Yeah Destiny won overall! Hahaha not that I can comment as I've not played it.

Ashley Johnson's acceptance speech was a pretty good moment.

Edit: Here's the thread and the link to the stream should have an archive copy.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1009090

Khronico

I'm... actually really enjoying Revelaitons. Aside from the stupid tower defense minigame thing its solid so far. It also runs LEAGUES better than Freedom Cry did, although it does look worse in some respects (textures are a step down, lighting is a bit flat, faces look rough, no pretty waves).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom