• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I mean, on the one hand, BBB ratings are pretty bunkum, but on the other hand, Valve's insistence that "outside organizations don't matter, we can evaluate our customer satisfaction on our own, and if we've done anything wrong we'll fix it ourselves" is nonsense. Large corporations, public or not, should be responsible to their customers on customer issues--and also to the broader public on CSR and environmental issues.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I mean, on the one hand, BBB ratings are pretty bunkum, but on the other hand, Valve's insistence that "outside organizations don't matter, we can evaluate our customer satisfaction on our own, and if we've done anything wrong we'll fix it ourselves" is nonsense. Large corporations, public or not, should be responsible to their customers on customer issues--and also to the broader public on CSR and environmental issues.

I was honestly surprised that they responded to Kotaku at all. Half way through reading the article I expected to look up and realize I was on one of those joke sites that lashman's always posting here.

It's interesting that they're looking for ways to more closely integrate customer service with Steam. I guess that's about the best we could hope for, considering we're never going to get an announcement from Valve that they've decided to move Steam support and development to a traditional management structure that actually performs.

My lord at the performance of the second chapter of Dreamfall, was spotty in the beginning but now it's in the low 20s in the town square of Merc. 780Ti and i53570K, although I am playing at 1440P. Turned down to 1080 just to see if it improved and there was literally no change other than looking like rubbish.

Huh, that's interesting. Kotaku interviews Valve business development "authority" Erik Johnson.

Christ. This is the point when it goes past naivete and goes straight into ignorance. Not counting the BBB, all you have to do is turn a leaf and you'll find someone complaining about the service.

The fact that they're so cavalier about it is absurd. When even Origin has you beat for customer service and refund policies, you know you fucked up. I'm glad people are calling Valve out for this.

Dr Dogg

That reminds me, I haven't looked at ModBot's post history in a while to giggle at the whitty thread closure's. Someone was doing a giveaway thread a while back and when someone suggested using ModBot a few peeps were scared of 'him' due to the way 'he' locks a thread down!

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Majestic Phoenix Proxy Witch Force

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Majestic Nights -- MB-B8FE5AA8698EF082 - Taken by Uzzy. 9 entrants total.
Proxy Blade Zero -- MB-1A00047EE91D2100 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 9 entrants total.
Phoenix Force -- MB-E68E3E0EA6787FCD - Taken by Akuosa. 8 entrants total.
PGP3OVL.png
Witcher 2 (GOG) -- MB-CBA4FB25D0C25BA9

t1426375061z1.png

L.O.R.D

I bought off Nuuvem and it says Resident Evil.
Did you check you cache for the game? You had a US code so it shouldnt be saying Biohazard. You might have somehow messed with setting and changed it. Here is how to change it back.

Options then Language. You'll just have to switch through the top ones until you find a language you understand.

the menu in English same like you
when i tried to activate the code i got from Nuuvem , it says can't activated
then it got activated after i restart steam
the language in game properties also set to English

edit : i saw other say the same thing
http://steamcommunity.com/app/287290/discussions/0/610573751157510411/

i guess only people who activate it on US will get the English intro

I thought for sure we would see Destiny on PC at one point.

We'll see Destiny 2 on PC, according to the contract. Which is dumb. Why would you plan to release the sequel(s) on a system you didn't put the first game on? Of course, they could still release a half-assed port at some point before then, the next game is slated for ~2016, but I kinda doubt it.

We'll see Destiny 2 on PC, according to the contract. Which is dumb. Why would you plan to release the sequel(s) on a system you didn't put the first game on?

Did you miss the whole massive marketing campaign and exclusive partnership thing with console makers? It was obviously better for them to keep it on console in the first instance and now that this has gone it'll be better to be on PC as well.

There doesn't seem to be anything dumb about that. Besides that, it is just another shooter and it isn't exactly a wild concept to put a shooter on PC.

Valve will learn this the hard way when they get smashed by somebody for unregulated online gambling. It is only a matter of time.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Flamingo Bundle

I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Urja -- MB-1920CB8A94976E93 - Taken by agniswarm. 12 entrants total.
Crimsonland -- MB-F8E52FBE6A7F1642 - Taken by texhnolyze. 10 entrants total.
Frederic: Evil Strikes Back : RPQVB-RWIAY-NCCNB -- MB-D56A178FDA62AE86
War in a Box: Paper Tanks -- MB-2E11B0D495583252 - Taken by bobnowhere. 3 entrants total.
Antisquad -- MB-BEE66BFEACDC886C - Taken by thereisnoif. 2 entrants total.
Hero of the Kingdom -- MB-20871F429BEA5413 - Taken by Cth. 4 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo -- MB-1D04DBE772875832 - Taken by salazar547. 5 entrants total.
Frederic: Resurrection of Music -- MB-A0A0FF2F92589019 - Taken by Abomination. 1 entrants total.

t1426376741z1.png

Looks like there was an oops in that giveaway above. I wouldn't enter for Evil Strikes Back, I imagine the key for it will definitely be used by the time the giveaway ends.

Teggy

I'm really enjoying AC III, but perhaps entirely due to the control changes and the forest setting being so different than Europe, not the missions. I might wind up thinking it's super boring in the end.

Mokoi

Banned
More like we need a games you've played and beat this year award. I'm willing to bet most of what I finish this year will have been for the past 4, 5, 6 years instead of 2015.

I'll have you know I'm on track to beat freedom wars on the superior handheld gaming console known as the VITA.

Steam support such shit. (group name already taken) It's ridiculous how big the user base is, yet still no changes were made to how they handle support last year. I've sent in my two cents to they company. Also asked for free games too. XD

dex, I realize you decided to wait, which is the prudent move. But thanks to a GAF member offering a good deal, I will be there for the launch.

gtaseriesu3uee.png
20 bucks, right? Pretty good deal for a 60 buck game. Still a lot of money.
Have fun day one
+inevitable delays :p

wilflare

nVidia GPU users...

why does Geforce Experience say
8.00GB RAM (7.92GB usable) for my PC RAM
and...

how do I check my GPU temp - I know AMD has a built-in monitor but can't seem to find this on nVidia?

Hey folks. Would appreciate some input.

I lost a lot of time after I found out about Dark Souls 2 mods.

Currently I am trying to decide on a UI/HUD.

These three are the ones that caught my eyes.

Which one do you guys like?
Custom HUD - by SameOldTrey (I am liking the modern minimalistic style)
627-2-1425862328.jpg

Clean UI by bottle (the translucent look is pretty cool)
119-4-1400272525.jpg

Clutter-free UI by Numinous (kinda like the first one minimalistic but not modern)
444-1-1412860344.jpg

HoosTrax

OK, I just started playing FF8 for the first time, and it has by far the most needlessly convoluted, nonsensical combat system I've seen in a JRPG.

What is a GF? Is it supposed to be a summon, or something like a Pokemon? If it's a summon, then why does it have its own HP bar when it's not even on-screen? Why do GFs like card games?

Why do I have to Mug spells from monsters in order to cast something?

I read through some of the tutorials in the classroom, and all that did was give me a headache...

Jawmuncher

OK, I just started playing FF8 for the first time, and it has by far the most needlessly convoluted, nonsensical combat system I've seen in a JRPG.

What is a GF? Is it supposed to be a summon, or something like a Pokemon? If it's a summon, then why does it have its own HP bar when it's not even on-screen? Why do GFs like card games?

I read through some of the tutorials in the classroom, and all that did was give me a headache...

Every GF I have had loved Uno.
But in all seriousness GFs in FF8 are a multitude of things. since they are summons as well as things that can be equipped to party members.
The draining spells from monsters is only for a little while or so i'm told. FF8 has one of those systems that is just really odd until it clicks through trial and error (and read better tutorials online).
I'm still trying to learn exactly how it goes before i start my playthrough of it.

rtcn63

This isn't Dating-Age, brah.

Drawing is pretty much all summons are good for later on, stat boosts and such, if I'm remembering right. Watched my cousin beat it.

zkylon

zkylewd
Hey folks. Would appreciate some input.

I lost a lot of time after I found out about Dark Souls 2 mods.

Currently I am trying to decide on a UI/HUD.

These three are the ones that caught my eyes.

Which one do you guys like?

second one

tho i like default better

rtcn63

I remember playing Uno and French Scrabble in French 101. Really unfair that native French speakers are allowed to take the intro classes.

GF is Guardian Force, explained in the tutorial. They're just basically summons with some passive support abilities.
GFs have HP because after you summon them, their HP replace your character's HP so it can somewhat become a tank for that short time of charge period.

Deitus

What is a GF? Is it supposed to be a summon, or something like a Pokemon?

It can be used like a summon, but you also equip GFs to a character to allow them to augment their stats with spells (i.e. equip Ultima to HP to increase your max HP).

If it's a summon, then why does it have its own HP bar when it's not even on-screen?
There is a delay before giving the command to summon, and the summon actually being performed. During that period, the character's HP bar is replaced with the HP bar of the GF. If the summon HP runs out, you will not be able to us that summon for a certain period, and any stats augmented by that GF will revert to their defaults.

Why do GFs like card games?

I dunno, maybe its really boring waiting around to get summoned. Gotta do something to kill time.

No idea. It's a bit annoying at first, but if you grind out a bunch of spell draws at certain times, you can minimize the annoyance. Though I guess it depends on how often you use magic, because the more you use, the more you'll have to draw to replenish it.

Also, always try to draw from bosses. There are some things that can only be obtained this way.

It's a lot to take in all at once, but you pick it up as you go.

Edit: I'm slow.

Thanks for the input guys. The first one's modern style is really nice but the health/stamina bar colors are too distracting sadly.

Also, I added this fun mod to replace the bonfire animation during load screens :)

RedFyn

Thanks for the input guys. The first one's modern style is really nice but the health/stamina bar colors are too distracting sadly.

Also, I added this fun mod to replace the bonfire animation during load screens :)
Thats why I didn't like it either. Is there not an easy way to copy and paste the health bar from the second into the first?

Thats why I didn't like it either. Is there not an easy way to copy and paste the health bar from the second into the first?
Should be fairly easy with Photoshop. It is only small .dds files.
Copy-Paste should do the trick.

I don't have Photoshop nor do I know how to use it sadly.

This isn't Dating-Age, brah.

Drawing is pretty much all summons are good for later on, stat boosts and such, if I'm remembering right. Watched my cousin beat it.

Pretty much. They will give you abilities and stats, but you will only really summon them once since they are weak and the animations go on forever.

Still they were pretty cool at the time.

FF8 improves a lot once the battle systems become more or less irrelevant and you just get on with it. A good early tip is to go to a beach and draw a heap of water spells. That'll keep you going for a while.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Here's some bundled stuff.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BinaryPork2737, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ski-World Simulator -- MB-3A5CB6363A430CEA - Taken by Sarcasm. 1 entrants total.
Orc Attack: Flatulent Rebellions -- MB-779F4FF16D35584D - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.
Snowcar Simulator -- MB-7E30DF7C817347A4 - Taken by nja. 2 entrants total.
Proxy Blade Zero -- MB-4C772172E0907649 - Taken by JakeD. 3 entrants total.
Phoenix Force -- MB-4CEFA0362A09F921 - Taken by Kifimbo. 1 entrants total.
Majestic Nights -- MB-E288CAC008419349 - Taken by FauX. 1 entrants total.
Streets of Chaos -- MB-D7C88BA6DA798489 - Taken by autoduelist. 1 entrants total.
samurai_jazz -- MB-ABC0DE9C7F3F0FB0 - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.

t1426297301z1.png

FauX

Free Shit!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FauX, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Frederic: Resurrection of Music -- MB-FBFA5BC2E9F75AA2 - Taken by electroflame
The Blue Flamingo -- MB-B786F2711EF22520 - Taken by Kurt Russell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom