• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I tried out Red Faction: Guerrilla from the free weekend, and it seemed... boring? Like, all you do is destroy stuff, collect scrap, and shoot at enemies, I guess? I dunno, I stopped after blowing up one of the blue marks on the map. Judging from the speedrun, I'm not really missing much but walking around in a giant robot destroyer thing.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Shelter -- MB-C75BE85847E65D51 - Taken by billmcdougal
Majestic Nights -- MB-DB7ED07C2DE91A67 - Taken by Milamber

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I tried out Red Faction: Guerrilla from the free weekend, and it seemed... boring? Like, all you do is destroy stuff, collect scrap, and shoot at enemies, I guess? I dunno, I stopped after blowing up one of the blue marks on the map. Judging from the speedrun, I'm not really missing much but walking around in a giant robot destroyer thing.
RFG is more repetitive and simplistic than the Assassin's Creed games, a series people love to shit on for being repetitive and simplistic.

You guys seen that 360 video stuff on Youtube? Pretty interesting concept behind it, I'm curious as to how trailers could use it and such.

Example

I think it demonstrates perfectly the true potential of VR.

1. So how does this work? Oh so you click on... OMG this is amazing!
2. I wonder what else uses this tech? This is incredible!
3. Oh ok, most of it is pretty much the same and it is only really good when you are focusing on the action and regular videos already do this....
4. I think I'll just sit back and watch something.

RFG is more repetitive and simplistic than the Assassin's Creed games, a series people love to shit on for being repetitive and simplistic.

True, but the story is a lot deeper and more interesting.

Actually I am not quite sure if this works. At least I didnt check the box in the Groupees page, so it should work:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Windforge -- MB-882E72A2B168114E - Taken by Tesseract

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
It is. Also everything is red/brown.
It doesn't stop being red-brown?? I mean, I guess it makes sense because they're on Mars, but still, what a cop out.

I wouldn't know, haven't played any Assassin's Creed games yet. If its repetitiveness is comparable to this, maybe I'll just keep skipping on it.

It doesn't stop being red-brown?? I mean, I guess it makes sense because they're on Mars, but still, what a cop out.

It starts off red-brown, then goes brown, then goes red-brown again, then greenish and finally white...ish.

The game is a bit of a one trick pony, but driving a truck through a building never gets old.

Turfster

Dunno, the PC version was stuck in GFWHell update loops, and what I played on the PS3 stayed red-brown until I got bored of it when a mission bugged on me.

I wouldn't know, haven't played any Assassin's Creed games yet. If its repetitiveness is comparable to this, maybe I'll just keep skipping on it.

Asscrud has more environmental variety and at least different kinds of collectibles, I guess?
Also, colours.

No one wants Windforge? What about There came an Echo. Thanks to Feep I got one copy from the other thread and this one is the Kickstarter copy.
Have fun with it. Its a great game:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

There came an Echo -- MB-8902905C4FFF7243 - Taken by TheLight. 1 entrants total.

t1426311941z1.png

Lain

I just beat it and loved my time with it. I thought it was great, but one major issue will be the
difficulty spikes. I didn't mind them myself, but I could see it being a problem for some people with short fuses. I think they could have designed them with checkpoints in mind, but whatevs. It's just a small issue in the middle of a really fun experience.

It took me 7 hours and a million deaths. I highly recommend it. It's a good deal at 20, a great deal at 15, a steal at 10.

Tip: set launch options to -popupwindow and that'll enable borderless windowed mode.

Now that's a damn useful tip!
Even with Windowed Borderless Gaming I still had to force apply the size option every time to get it to play in in a borderless window.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
How was There Came an Echo?

Asscrud has more environmental variety and at least different kinds of collectibles, I guess?
Also, colours.
How do any of the games compare with Prince of Persia Sands of Time? I really liked that one, at least.

The game is a bit of a one trick pony, but driving a truck through a building never gets old.
I dunno, I thought destroying stuff was cool for about 10 minutes. I guess I can safely uninstall this.

Maniac

Banned
dex, I realize you decided to wait, which is the prudent move. But thanks to a GAF member offering a good deal, I will be there for the launch.

gtaseriesu3uee.png

I'm jelly. I was trying to get hold of a chinese copy when those were cheap, but didn't manage it. So I'll have to wait a few months or half a year for a good Steam sale.

Dark Souls is repetitive :>

Turfster

How do any of the games compare with Prince of Persia Sands of Time? I really liked that one, at least.
They uh... don't.
Not really, sadly.

In the latest Asscruds, the climbing and jumping has become almost automatic, actively fighting you and messing up if you try to get involved.

Lain

With the death of Google Wallet, it might be the death of my indiegala bundle purchases. On the bright side, I could stop amassing a huge amount of shitty games this way.

Parsnip

Hey folks. Would appreciate some input.

I lost a lot of time after I found out about Dark Souls 2 mods.

Currently I am trying to decide on a UI/HUD.

These three are the ones that caught my eyes.

Which one do you guys like?

I didn't like any of the hud mods people made for either of the Dark Souls games.

yuraya

Whats happened to Steam? So many filthy casual millennials. Bunch of puddin pops I tell ya. Just look at this stuff

Breaking controllers because game too hard. Git gud bruh smh

baterism

Why would it? It's going to sell gangbusters, especially once modding is inevitably opened up.

I can't imagine it doesn't get at least 30% off during Summer Sale.
When is Summer Sale anyway?

Deadly Premonition is legit, right? 90%, man. Don't mind if I do.
And Shantae looks interesting.

Tellaerin

Hey, I thought it was pretty awesome (except for one mission near the end where the difficulty spikes ridiculously, which I famously ranted about in a Steam thread ages ago). Still, if you aren't having fun bringing buildings down on top of your enemies with remote detonators, making your own doors by ramming vehicles through walls, and beating the piss out of people with a sledgehammer, you're probably not going to get much out of it. For me, that was enough to carry it.

Hey, I thought it was pretty awesome (except for one mission near the end where the difficulty spikes ridiculously, which I famously ranted about in a Steam thread ages ago). Still, if you aren't having fun bringing buildings down on top of your enemies with remote detonators, making your own doors by ramming vehicles through walls, and beating the piss out of people with a sledgehammer, you're probably not going to get much out of it. For me, that was enough to carry it.

Indeed. It's basically a Space Asshole Simulator

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
They uh... don't.
Not really, sadly.

In the latest Asscruds, the climbing and jumping has become almost automatic, actively fighting you and messing up if you try to get involved.
That blows. I liked PoP mostly for its traversal and puzzles (I didn't care about the combat, which might be part of the reason why I hated Warrior Within, but I blame the whole glitchness and angst more) ((the butt floss didn't help either)).

I think I'm just too much of a goody two shoes for that stuff to appeal to me. I didn't realize I was so boring. :'(

Indeed. It's basically a Space Asshole Simulator
This was educational.

Turfster

That blows. I liked PoP mostly for its traversal and puzzles (I didn't care about the combat, which might be part of the reason why I hated Warrior Within, but I blame the whole glitchness and angst more) ((the butt floss didn't help either)).
Agree 100%
Loved the POP trilogy, with a low point on WW
Asscrud has no puzzles to speak of, the traversal is automated and it's full of crappy combat.

The only good thing that came out of Red Fraction: Gorilla is Chris Remo's music video called Space Asshole.

Eternia

Finished Dreamfall: The Longest Journey and I'm more confused than anything. The story did eventually pick up mid-way through the game but by the end, you're left you with so many unanswered questions. I suppose I should be glad I finished it while the sequel is (partially) here.

It was great seeing some familiar faces like
Crow -- I mean, funny bird (!), Roper Klacks and April
. Dumb stealth/fighting sections with uninspired puzzles, sometimes simultaneously. I ended up missing the point and click adventure system from the first game. I'm pleased that I finished it quickly so I can move on to Dreamfall Chapters immediately.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Agree 100%
Loved the POP trilogy, with a low point on WW
Asscrud has no puzzles to speak of, the traversal is automated and it's full of crappy combat.
I didn't even get to finish WW because right before the final boss, I glitched into one of the earliest areas and couldn't escape. My game got saved there too, and after forcing myself to play for however many hours in the first place, I just gave up entirely.

But anyway, there goes the last of what little expectations I had for Assassin's Creed.

I read the OP when I forget something about ModBot.
iy9aOtZZbSdKl.gif
I like the gifs of this girl you keep posting. She always seems like she's having fun in them. Kind of wonder what she'd look like with longer bangs though.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I got Payday 2 from Nuuvem for super cheap yesterday. It's a pretty fun game. I joined a game where the host quit right as we were about to escape :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom