• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

inm8num2

I'm using an old version of Air from before the color scheme was changed. I like Pressure quite a bit but it wastes a little too much space along the top bar. Haven't used Pixelvision in some time.

Dr Dogg

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. ;)

Well at least it isn't Real Player.

To be fair Winamp was ahead of its time. Great format and codec support out of the box, highly customisable with scripts, extensions and the oh so funky skins. Streaming client and browser built into the application and who can forget the visualisation that you and your mates used to stare at while off your face at some random house party at 3am in the morning on a school night (though that might have just been me).

I've always preferered Windows Media Player over everything else. My familiarity with it is probably the biggest draw at this point.

Really wish the Steam music player didn't suck.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well at least it isn't Real Player.

To be fair Winamp was ahead of its time. Great format and codec support out of the box, highly customisable with scripts, extensions and the oh so funky skins. Streaming client and browser built into the application and who can forget the visualisation that you and your mates used to stare at while off your face at some random house party at 3am in the morning on a school night (though that might have just been me).

I just use the included "modern" skin. I'm boring like that.

well, too bad Valve abandoned it. No updates since last fall. Even though the forum is full of people asking for more formats.

I actually forgot it existed until I made that post. Maybe Valve is the same; someone probably misplaced the "Steam music player" bookmark on their development forum.

dex3108

Witcher 3 4K SS (not Ultra i think so)

The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_War_ravaged_these_lands,_nobody_lives_here_anymore.png

https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/578222687555829762

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
did anyone play Oceanhorn on iOS and knows if the controls are the usual virtual screen joystick / buttons horseshit, or more of a zelda on DS style control scheme (with your finger instead of a stylus I guess)?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
did anyone play Oceanhorn on iOS and knows if the controls are the usual virtual screen joystick / buttons horseshit, or more of a zelda on DS style control scheme (with your finger instead of a stylus I guess)?

Review mentions joystick (2:01 if time stamp does not work) control. So you might want to buy the PC version instead.

Amzin

I just played through Remember Me for the first time like a month ago. It feels 80% towards being one of my favorite games ever but that missing 20% really hurts.

Edit: Talking about Remember Me reminded me (I swear to god that was not intentional) to update my 'games played 2015' list. Doing pretty well so far! Playing games faster than I'm buying them so will hopefully clean up a lot of backlog this year.

JaseC

Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Crayon Chronicles -- MB-4EF178B20E5E7139 - Taken by Casimir
Rotieer -- MB-D04CDC3D9559306A - Taken by Knurek

Sini

For what occasion is Legend of Grimrock 2 40% off on Steam? It's not advertised deal.
Purchased it ASAP. First Legend of Grimrock was really super enjoyable.

Edit: Oh! I found out why it's discounted! It got released on Mac today.

Guess I should budget for a new hard drive soon.

j0780.jpg

hold your horses, EA has rights to all Star Wars games now? I wish I didn't read that, the day is ruined.

EA doesn't have total exclusive rights. Disney retained the rights to the back catalog, mobile, social, tablet, arcade, and online categories outside of the Old Republic. They also have some sort of exclusion for Disney Infinity Star Wars.

Oh darn. We will have to play his 5 other Tempst clones instead. I'm surprised he has gotten away with it for as long as he did.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-18-carmageddon-reincarnation-release-date-announced

That's really soon for a game that i haven't really heard too much of good impressions on in its EA phase.

It should be interesting to see. I backed it on kickstarter and have been messing around with it since EA launch. I'm really not sure what to think of it. I can't recommend it but I can't say it isn't what was promised. I'm not sure if I'm being clear. Its exactly want I expect from a Carmageddon game from those developers but after backing it and with the passage of time, I'm not sure if its something anyone really wanted.

JaseC

EA doesn't have total exclusive rights. Disney retained the rights to the back catalog, mobile, social, tablet, arcade, and online categories outside of the Old Republic. They also have some sort of exclusion for Disney Infinity Star Wars.

It's just a fairly standard licensing deal (well, the 10-year length aside): EA has the sole right to develop new games within the Star Wars universe. It's no different to, say, Acti's few-year flirtation with the James Bond licence. I know this is what you were getting at, but saying there were exclusions because of Disney retaining rights makes it sound as though EA bought the Star Wars IP as it pertains to video games and there were caveats attached.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Distance community map highlights for this week.

^ WebM vids ^

I fucked up by not buying this one last week.

Maps for F-Zero, Wipeout, and Mario Kart?

I need to get this game.

It's so Zelda-like that I couldn't resist buying it after watching this. I'll probably get around to playing it later tonight or tomorrow.

The only things that sound off putting are that your sword apparently can't destroy pots and you can't actually steer your boat on the open ocean, but I'm sure it'll be fine.

I'm someone out there wants these, right?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

SpaceChem Plus DLC -- MB-C86F6C9648AECD9C - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN
Gun Monkeys -- MB-7F9B5069938F5ED6 - Taken by 7Sins

zkylon

zkylewd
that bothered me more than anything storywise. the acknowledgment of the (very obvious) amorality of your actions there is super half-assed (i think it gets brought up there right after you do it, and again during the final boss fight, and that's about it)
yeah, like, there could be memory manipulations you can do to turn ppl into good guys by helping them forget about the trauma that turned them bad or whatever, or you know, less fucked up stuff like maybe making her forget about the job she was doing?

was it really necessary to murder her boyfriend?

that game is so unaware of its own rotenness it's hilarious

Yeah, but you remember that it was average, which was the joke.
yeaaaa i'm bad at jokes :p

probably not

i just wish league was on steam

whoa, that's pretty cray

first time in my life i'll run a legit windows

and it comes with league of legends

what the fuck is going on

JaseC

Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Memories of a Vagabond -- MB-8BE531B550486BF0 - Taken by TheMadMan007
Postmortem: One Must Die -- MB-66C363ECE30FFE5F - Taken by Knurek
Party of Sin -- MB-66FCC3AEE882A094 - Taken by GaussTek
Ocean City Racing -- MB-4C0147D505FF8061 - Taken by Lomax
Zombie Solitaire -- MB-D6A52F4CBF1FD3D9 - Taken by chronomac
The Blue Flamingo -- MB-02583B8C96CBEFEE - Taken by ExoSoul
Critical Mass -- MB-164A5990F9BBD1A0 - Taken by 7Sins
Streets of Chaos -- MB-8CEE5514C8DAEAC9 - Taken by Kifimbo

Tizoc

Only issue I have with Oceanhorn is that it can't decide whether to let me play with my PS4 controller or use KB+M =_=, stop showing the bloody cursor when I'm using the controller damni!

Phinor

Only issue I have with Oceanhorn is that it can't decide whether to let me play with my PS4 controller or use KB+M =_=, stop showing the bloody cursor when I'm using the controller damni!

I found an easy fix that works for me. I just move my mouse cursor to a second screen and the game stops switching back and forth. Obviously I've no idea how you'd do that if you only have one screen but it's worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom