• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Revelations 2 is seriously good. So good that I've a feeling it might sneak into my top 5 at the end of the year. Just got Barry's final chapter to go, so gonna see if it sticks the landing.

I thought chapter 3 was pretty bad all around. Hoping Chapter 4 makes up for it.
Overall I like it a lot more than Rev1, but I would still put it as a pretty weak RE title especially main line.

madjoki

I really need to work, but man, I can't let it slide.
So you say people shouldn't expect refunds because volvo is some vengeful spirit? Seriously? If you were to buy a machine gun that blows in your hands, you wouldn't want some compensation?
What's so different about video games that people are constantly this apologetic and spineless?

This is only about withdrawal because you didn't like product or no longer want it. You still have right to get broken product fixed (or refunded, if they can't fix it), and it's not bound to 14-days.

Deques

I quote you again because I think I've found a method that works for the paranoids like me.

Simply enable hola to add the game in the cart and click on paypal. When the page loads, just disable/delete the extension and log in paypal or open the link in another tab. It'll let you pay without using the VPN

Seems reasonable that it should work. I will try it the next time I buy a game from Nuuvem

Phawx

Oh? I hope that I am wrong then :)

I haven't attempted with Windows 7, but I bought the $40 Win8Pro upgrade and I can do a clean install of Windows, I just need to have a prior version of Windows on the machine (Vista minimum)

For all intents and purposes, it's a clean install. Also you can upgrade with Win8 without even activating the previous Windows versions.

Edit: I'm assuming Win10 will work the same way. Though I also believe Windows will go F2P.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Majority of this Windows talk has me firmly face palming.

Updates are good and necessary people. Win 8.1 is better than win 8 by a landslide. Win 8.1 is a better gaming OS than Win 7.
Update paranoia is really hilarious. It's like some people are stuck with a mindset from the 90s or something.

HoosTrax

Guys, why haven't you talked about this earlier? Or maybe we had

We are top 5 now
umS23NT.png
We's on the da podium now. Woo!

4yR9IVt.png

edit: oops, I'm looking at 2015, instead of lifetime. doh!

I haven't attempted with Windows 7, but I bought the $40 Win8Pro upgrade and I can do a clean install of Windows, I just need to have a prior version of Windows on the machine (Vista minimum)

For all intents and purposes, it's a clean install. Also you can upgrade with Win8 without even activating the previous Windows versions.

Edit: I'm assuming Win10 will work the same way. Though I also believe Windows will go F2P.
That is good to hear. Didn't know.
I have Win7 and I am very satisfied so far. Interested to see how Win10 is after reading so much how Win8 is great.

sprinkles

I thought chapter 3 was pretty bad all around. Hoping Chapter 4 makes up for it.
Overall I like it a lot more than Rev1, but I would still put it as a pretty weak RE title especially main line.
I did not play 4 yet, but I liked the parts in 3 where the game forces you to constantly switch to support the other character - it added tension you rarely get in modern RE.

Jawmuncher

I did not play 4 yet, but I liked the parts in 3 where the game forces you to constantly switch to support the other character - it added tension you rarely get in modern RE.

Maybe I just had too much ammo because that section was a breeze for me. i like the ideas here but you can tell the lower budget hurt things.

Dr Dogg

Why is my laptop's Bluray disc reader taking forever to read a freakin' Music CD?

Have you tried turni...

Nah that's too easy :p

I've got a USB Samsung DVD drive (because I had some work that came on optical media for the first time in 4 years and was fucked otherwise) that is really picky with certain CD's. Even checking if they were jammy or dirty but nope just like to whirr and growl at me for 5 mins before recognising what type of disc it is.

Kaleinc

Banned
you kidding, right?
you know that there are bugs fixed years after win release? They never released fully finished OS in my knowledge.
I've seen more updates effing up the OS. Only worth getting service packs integrated into Win distributive aka fresh install.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Why is my laptop's Bluray disc reader taking forever to read a freakin' Music CD?

Look at your system properties and find the make and model of your drive. Google it with the words "riplock" and see if the drive is affected by it.

derExperte

Guess I was wrong about the Titan X price. At least in $, considering the weak € and them usually ripping us even more off....

1.149€ in Germany according to http://www.computerbase.de/2015-03/geforce-gtx-titan-x-in-deutschland-fuer-1.149-euro/ Italy and UK 1.249€. Previous 999$ Titan was around 900€ here.

I've seen more updates effing up the OS. Only worth getting service packs integrated into Win distributive aka fresh install.

Service packs are basically dead so good luck going forward.

I can't recall a service update completely disemboweling my system. Only downside is it can be time consuming if you don't update frequently.

garath

a) No. I can't even remember the last time an update "effed" up the OS.
b) Even if it did, you can rollback individual updates now with ease.

You guys are lunatics not to install the updates. Security holes all over the place. Wouldn't be surprised if your computer is a malware drone causing havoc around the internet.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Last time an update screwed me up or any of my friends we were on XP.

I manage updates in our corporate environment (aka WSUS) and you'd be surprised how many of the pre-staged Windows Updates I test can completely hose some of our systems. And then a few hours/days later Microsoft will release a patch to the patch that fixes things.

A few months ago a Windows Update caused users to start getting error messages about Windows not being genuine even though they weren't pirated copies. (Source) They released a patch a few days later that essentially removed the previous patch. This sort of stuff happens all the time, but a lot of people go unaffected because not everyone downloads/installs updates when they're immediately published. A lot of updates are reversed/corrected by Microsoft within 24 hours or less before they become widespread problems.

For clarity: I'm not suggesting you don't install regular security updates, I'm just saying that they can sometimes cause your computer to get "effed".

What the heck. For like five minutes all Steam Guides would not load anything at all, and now suddenly they're working again.

Valve, stop freaking me out.

GaussTek

There are usually Windows updates once a month (at least big or critical ones), I have them activated, but I can understand those who disable automatic updates. For example, the one released last week took AGES to install on my PC after I restarted lol (I think it took around 30-45 min for the PC to completely restart, I'm on Win 8.1). Also, I remember some critical updates screwing up some stuff and not allowing people to boot their OS (mostly Win 7) just a few months ago. MS removed them a few hours later, but it was too late for some (I didn't have an issue, but I think I uninstalled them just to be safe).

So yeah, they are mostly safe and they aren't released too often, but I can see why some people are worried/bothered by them.

BTW, one thing that worries me about the Win 10 upgrade being free for "pirates" too, is that probably servers are going to get really hammered/slow during its release, so I'll probably wait a few months after it launches.

Dr Dogg

1.149€ in Germany according to http://www.computerbase.de/2015-03/geforce-gtx-titan-x-in-deutschland-fuer-1.149-euro/ Italy and UK 1.249€. Previous 999$ Titan was around 900€ here.

I think when the initial Titan launched over here the price was £799 RRP, you could find the odd couple of cards for £680 during launch week which ASUS and EVGA charging £820-£860 as their premium on top and then all prices rose slightly as demand grew and stocks ran out. Same thing again this time just add £100 on top though without some of the crazy justifications for purchasing one.

Maniac

Banned
Majority of this Windows talk has me firmly face palming.

Updates are good and necessary people. Win 8.1 is better than win 8 by a landslide. Win 8.1 is a better gaming OS than Win 7.

And having automatic updating on is also hazardous. The best thing is to let it download updates automatically but have you choose which to install. MS is great at breaking stuff and corrupting data. :p

Dr Dogg

I think being #3 in chieveos achieved in 2015 pretty much makes a mockery of the 'SteamGAF ain't play no game' thing. Even I have knocked out 12 games this year.

GaussTek

Anyway, at last I finished Trails in the Sky. It took me 51 hours (Steam says 55h), and... just wow, the best JRPG I've played in years.

It starts a bit slow, but once you progress a bit you'll start feeling so engaged with the characters, the quests and the story. You know, it also kinda reminded me some anime series story-wise, like Hunter x Hunter: Bracers = Hunters basically lol, the ranks, the quest of searching for someone (without spoiling too much :p), the training, some twists, etc.

So yeah, I really enjoyed it. Can't just wait for Second Chapter. I just <3 Falcom.

Maniac

Banned
Yeah, but I still need the best equipment to run the games I don't play.

Well, of course!
a) No. I can't even remember the last time an update "effed" up the OS.
b) Even if it did, you can rollback individual updates now with ease.

You guys are lunatics not to install the updates. Security holes all over the place. Wouldn't be surprised if your computer is a malware drone causing havoc around the internet.
Microsoft's security has had a history of being absolutely pathetic compared to a good anti-malware program, common sense and a decent antivirus program.

And in my experience that's still very much the case.

Shadownet

Banned
Any good Steam skins? I've been using Metro for Steam. But I don't think the creator for it has been updating it much recently. He still haven't updated the skin so the stream button show up as far as I notice.

What are you guys using?

Dr Dogg

After all the Buffalo Bill talk yesterday someone should totally make a Steam skin out of...

No, no I can't go there. It's too horrible to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom