• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Driw3r

Unconfirmed Member
Someone, recommend me Mars: War Logs. Looks interesting, especially with that price tag, but not sure... I completed Of Orcs and Men by same developer (and Cyanide) and really enjoyed it. Except combat, but looks like Mars have different approach to it...

Turfster

Someone, recommend me Mars: War Logs. Looks interesting, especially with that price tag, but not sure... I completed Of Orcs and Men by same developer (and Cyanide) and really enjoyed it. Except combat, but looks like Mars have different approach to it...

If you like eurojank, you'll love Mars War Logs.

Tizoc

I found an easy fix that works for me. I just move my mouse cursor to a second screen and the game stops switching back and forth. Obviously I've no idea how you'd do that if you only have one screen but it's worth a try.

Heh sadly I only have 1 screen ;)

zkylon

zkylewd
googled it

i thought hump day would've meant something else entirely

it's an eurojanky witcha 2 clone with a really clever first chapter that kind of falls apart later on. it has one detective quest half way through the game that's awesome because detective quests are awesome. the combat is serviceable i guess and there's some story branching in there and the crafting is bizarrely cool with like every upgrade you make having a visible appearance change on the weapon or armor you're upgrading. the setting is also pretty cool, doing like a prison break on a mars mining colony is pretty great, it's just that after the prison it's just not as cool.

i dunno how expensive it is, but for 5 bucks or something it's not so bad. i enjoyed it

Lomax

I really liked it, but I liked the environment and it's the closest a game has ever come to letting me be a technomage.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
CamelGAF represent!

EDIT: I never actually understood what hump day is...

It refers to Wednesday's position in the traditional Monday-Friday working week -- once it's over, you're closer to the weekend than you are the beginning of the week, ergo you're "over the hump".

Salsa

that geoff keighley podcast with gabe and erik was pretty cool

it really hammered on how Valve is not really thinking of doing a classic half life type game anymore, tho

dont think its necessarely a bad thing and they gave some good arguments for it. basically that whatever they release next will have learnt from what they've shipped so far and how their games have evolved so going backwards on that seems to miss their point of innovating

whatever man. those guys are smart.

Driw3r

Unconfirmed Member
If you like eurojank, you'll love Mars War Logs.
it's an eurojanky witcha 2 clone with a really clever first chapter that kind of falls apart later on. it has one detective quest half way through the game that's awesome because detective quests are awesome. the combat is serviceable i guess and there's some story branching in there and the crafting is bizarrely cool with like every upgrade you make having a visible appearance change on the weapon or armor you're upgrading. the setting is also pretty cool, doing like a prison break on a mars mining colony is pretty great, it's just that after the prison it's just not as cool.

i dunno how expensive it is, but for 5 bucks or something it's not so bad. i enjoyed it
I really liked it, but I liked the environment and it's the closest a game has ever come to letting me be a technomage.
Thanks, i think i am sold. It's just 3,74€ right now.

garath

I think I really want this Fable remastered. $11 is still a little high for a game I already played the crap out of on 360 so long ago but it was my favorite in the series and new HD graphics would be sweet.

yay or nay?

Chariot

I think I really want this Fable remastered. $11 is still a little high for a game I already played the crap out of on 360 so long ago but it was my favorite in the series and new HD graphics would be sweet.

yay or nay?
4nG19aM.png

You should take a look at the Steam comments.

zkylon

zkylewd
if i end up buying gta 5 i think i'm just gonna do it off nuuvem

it may not be steam but it's so much cheaper and i'll still have to open that rockstar shit club

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
well u know, i have a wild imagination!

that geoff keighley podcast with gabe and erik was pretty cool

it really hammered on how Valve is not really thinking of doing a classic half life type game anymore, tho

dont think its necessarely a bad thing and they gave some good arguments for it. basically that whatever they release next will have learnt from what they've shipped so far and how their games have evolved so going backwards on that seems to miss their point of innovating

whatever man. those guys are smart.
the problem about valve will always be that they keep trolling about hl3 instead of just being honest and moving on

it was cute for a while but at this point it comes off to me as like valve are just jerks shitting on their fans.

and like i cared a lot about half life a million years ago but i feel like i don't like the series so much anymore because of how much beating my excitement has taken over the years

so yea, if you don't want to do more half life, just say so, i'm confused as to why anyone cares at this point.

the problem about valve will always be that they keep trolling about hl3 instead of just being honest and moving on

it was cute for a while but at this point it comes off to me as like valve are just jerks shitting on their fans.

and like i cared a lot about half life a million years ago but i feel like i don't like the series so much anymore because of how much beating my excitement has taken over the years

so yea, if you don't want to do more half life, just say so, i'm confused as to why anyone cares at this point.

Agreed, I feel like I'm in an abusive relationship with Vale, they treat me like crap and don't listen or pay attention to me at all, but they give me such good deals that I'll stick with them.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Regarding that, I think all you can take away is that Valve isn't going to release another game that offers nothing but a single-player campaign, which by itself doesn't suggest Valve's done with SP content entirely. Fears that Half-Life 3 is going to have perpetual forced co-op or be rife with some sort of monetisation scheme just appear as "The sky is falling!" to my eyes.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BinaryPork2737, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Memories of a Vagabond -- MB-8329B448BCC873C4 - Taken by Chreznor
F-117A Nighthawk Stealth Fighter 2.0 -- MB-333AEF5F284C4A92 - Taken by Diedac
Tycoon City: New York -- MB-2B9367282550D100 - Taken by nightstorm
Ancient Planet -- MB-FC3B9C4895F2A893 - Taken by tioslash
Party of Sin -- MB-7DC4B35D87E001D8 - Taken by chronomac
Ocean City Racing -- MB-1112325DD37C0F6F - Taken by FauX
7th Legion -- MB-61C8B519F4117C48 - Taken by darkchewie
Air Guardians -- MB-35A76EF2D687F66D - Taken by Abomination
Sometimes: Success Requires Sacrifice -- MB-95B4FE53E5CEF962 - Taken by Saty
Critical Mass -- MB-A7A222CC78BEFB92 - Taken by Loptous
Streets of Chaos -- MB-5270477A6F438CB1 - Taken by anastef
The World Named Fred -- MB-C96609E099116A58 - Taken by Knurek
Garden Rescue -- MB-7DEE8B8C67F17743 - Taken by redlacs

Stuff from bundles.

Shadownet

Banned
It was updated two weeks ago with minor things. So, I guess.I'm not stalking for prey though.
My waifu is Hisa from Saki.

I'm liking it so far. It's going to take me a while to get comfortable with it though.

My waifu is obvious. Btw, love seeing you in the Flash thread :D

rumors about Gears collection for XB1 huh

would buy on PC

no rumors at all

some guy just asked Phil about it to which he responded with a stock "stay tuned"

Regarding that, I think all you can take away is that Valve isn't going to release another game that offers nothing but a single-player campaign, which by itself doesn't suggest Valve's done with SP content entirely. Fears that Half-Life 3 is going to have perpetual forced co-op or be rife with some sort of monetisation scheme just appear as "The sky is falling!" to my eyes.

To be frank, it's not like Valve has done it very often. Ep1, ep2 and Portal off the top of my head. The big HLs always had DM.

is hump day really a thing

I love hump day.

By the time I hear about it from all the Americans it is already Thursday!

It is basically The Witcher 2, only set in a Mars prison and with the jankiness turned up to 11. On the plus side, it isn't half as long as The Witcher 2, so it also is half as boring.
It is worth a look for a different setting and an "A" for effort, just be prepared to mostly smirk at it.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Great Permutator -- MB-397C36167F8F765F - Taken by Tesseract
Knights of Pen and Paper Plus 1 Edition -- MB-14F5C1103C4D140B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom