• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uraizen

Banned
Could it be Under Night In-Birth? There's been talk of them publishing it recently. I want to play that game, it seems fun, but the characters just look like butt, haha

Would buy when 75% off

Which they then took back and said it would be up to ArcSys because they did try to reach out to them. =(

rookiejet

Which they then took back and said it would be up to ArcSys because they did try to reach out to them. =(

Arcsys is like, "Steam?"

OauDCEHm.jpg

Bunch of jerks

Uzzy

Could it be Under Night In-Birth? There's been talk of them publishing it recently. I want to play that game, it seems fun, but the characters just look like butt, haha

Would buy when 75% off

ArcSys? Putting things on Steam in a reasonable time? Never gonna happen. I'm still waiting for BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend to come to the EU.

Khronico

Just marathoned through Valiant Hearts

That final
walk to the firing squad
and subsequent
cut to Emile's grave
broke me.

Crying.gif

Windows 7 is brilliant. It's pretty minimalistic, and it does everything while looking and running great. Windows 8 is an abomination in comparison.

I'm not confident in Windows 10 at all so I'm thinking I should pass. (before it gets forced down my throat eventually anyway)
Really interesting that there is such a huge disparity among folks about Win8. Some love it, some hate it with passion.

Interested to try it out in the future.
If any of you would be in for a delightful romp in Cities: Skylines or "How to build and destroy a city in record time" go here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUIN_gzFU6Y
The initial piping and street planning gives me good-old sim vibes.
Why you using a gaming laptop though? I thought you had a good desktop. I mean, KB/M would be much more comfortable on a desk.

Lomax

Really interesting that there is such a huge disparity among folks about Win8. Some love it, some hate it with passion.

Interested to try it out in the future.

Windows 8 is great, if you have a computer with a touchscreen. Otherwise it has very little to offer and in many ways seems counter-intuitive compared to previous versions. But Microsoft's approach so far to Windows 10 seems pretty smart, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah there's some parts where I was just wanting to advance the storyline and not deal with the 'video game stuff'.

Aside from that, I really, REALLY liked it.
personally i kind of hated it

even the story wasn't always consistent what with the upbeat car sections playing and the evil mustache baron doing his best to play a cartoon villain in an otherwise grounded and emotional game

and the gameplay is not even 'video game stuff'', it's just an assortment of non-puzzles of finding to which of the three slots each of your three items belongs. there's not really much of a "puzzle gameplay", it's just tedious and a waste of time

Finished Revelations 2 and now I'm sad that there are no more episodes to look forward to.
What a fantastic game, there's just so much it does right, it's up there with the best RE games for me. Absolutely unmissable for fans of the franchise.

Jawmuncher

Finished Revelations 2 and now I'm sad that there are no more episodes to look forward to.
What a fantastic game, there's just so much it does right, it's up there with the best RE games for me. Absolutely unmissable for fans of the franchise.

I just finished it as well and will be the other side. While it's still worth a play for RE fans, I would put it pretty low on the bar among the main line stuff. By far the stuff I enjoyed the most were the nods to earlier games and the good ending was just right. It really reminds me of Evil Within which a lot of other people liked and I didn't really. A lot of good ideas gameplay wise that aren't quite polished or up to snuff. I seem to be the minority which is fine. I still enjoyed my time with it and for the price and amount of content it gets the job done easily. So I recommend it as well but expectations should be kept in check.

Does kind of pain me to say all that though. Since had this been a full budget RE a lot of my gripes wouldn't be there.

Dsyndrome

Anyone here not like Shadowrun Returns and like Dragonfall? Still pushing through Returns, just curious what're folks feelings on the differences.

Matrix sucks in Returns, imo.

Ozium

STEAM!

Why do you lay waste mine efforts to add keys which thou hast given?

Such a state of affairs thou hast entangled with thine own prejudice.

O! But what wonderful updates appear! DRAGON THE GAME is to add more TREES and NPCs!

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
FREE FOR ALL:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tycoon City: New York -- MB-401C7D4F232A2E6D - Taken by TheMadMan007. 5 entrants total.
Gun Monkeys -- MB-60211F7615561D36 - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.
7th Legion -- MB-9DD37D835F4C4291 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 3 entrants total.
Sometimes: Success Requires Sacrifice -- MB-6FC91635F9E81626 - Taken by Madn. 8 entrants total.
The UnderGarden -- MB-41F3CE3331A2D270 - Taken by texhnolyze

t1426810772z1.png

Shadownet

Banned

Just a tip, most of these games look like bundle stuff that you don't want anymore. If you're trying to get rid of it quick. You can set the timer for 15 mins or 3 hours. You don't have to do 24 hours. Of course, it is your choice. Most people tend to save the 24 hours raffle for bigger giveaways. There is no right or wrong answer here.

STEAM!

Why do you lay waste mine efforts to add keys which thou hast given?

Such a state of affairs thou hast entangled with thine own prejudice.

O! But what wonderful updates appear! DRAGON THE GAME is to add more TREES and NPCs!

we still talking about that game tho? :x

Uzzy

Anyone here not like Shadowrun Returns and like Dragonfall? Still pushing through Returns, just curious what're folks feelings on the differences.

It's not rare at all. Personally, I found Shadowrun Returns to be pretty average, but then felt that Dragonfall was the best CRPG of last year. The difference is like night and day.

zkylon

zkylewd

not necessarily, but when i tried to play dragonfall i was like "how in the world did i manage to play an rpg with an even worse interface than this for more than 5 minutes"

Just a tip, most of these games look like bundle stuff that you don't want anymore. If you're trying to get rid of it quick. You can set the timer for 15 mins or 3 hours. You don't have to do 24 hours. Of course, it is your choice. Most people tend to save the 24 hours raffle for bigger giveaways. There is no right or wrong answer here.
shadownets awkward way of saying "u fucked up son!"

Elija2

I've got a GFWL key for Dead Rising 2 that may or may not be redeemable on Steam now. Quote this post to see it and let me know if it does/doesn't work.

Elija2

not valid

Ah, too bad. I guess Valve fixed that stuff. Oh well.

EDIT: Actually, I just tried redeeming my Off The Record key and it said that I already own the game, whereas if I tried redeeming the DR2 key it says it's invalid. So I guess it does still work, it's just that DR2 keys are kinda busted at the moment.

Ozium

Ah, too bad. I guess Valve fixed that stuff. Oh well.

I think it's still on Capcom's end, actually.. Probably in the next few days it should work

edit: yeah OTR works fine, but if you go to look at your achievements in OTR it redirects to your profile page.. capcom gonna capcom

Elija2

I think it's still on Capcom's end, actually.. Probably in the next few days it should work

edit: yeah OTR works fine, but if you go to look at your achievements in OTR it redirects to your profile page.. capcom gonna capcom

Yeah, the Steamwork ports are still a bit weird. They don't even detect my Gamepad so I have to use a weird workaround. Plus I'm still waiting for the Resident Evil 5 Steamworks patch that we were supposed to get two weeks ago! Plus plus I'm also still waiting for the Revelations 2 performance patch so that I can actually play the game that I bought a month ago! Capcom has really been dropping the ball for me lately.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Tycoon City: New York -- MB-5D90D2532D1F1524 - Taken by Kifimbo
The UnderGarden -- MB-569EDDBD94D8DE1B - Taken by Lomax
Gun Monkeys - 12345-12345-67890 <- Actual key, one for the lurkers, it has cards and has been bundled to death.
Probably gone by now.

Maniac

Banned
You... You guys got anymore of them OTR keys?

Seriously though, if anyone has a spare I'd love to trade for it or something.

------

Does anyone here use VoiceAttack? If so, would you recommend it or is it a bit janky?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
You... You guys got anymore of them OTR keys?

Seriously though, if anyone has a spare I'd love to trade for it or something.

------

Does anyone here use VoiceAttack? If so, would you recommend it or is it a bit janky?

I actually used it for a bit for Elite ... it's decent, I guess ... but ultimately I just mapped everything to an Xbone pad anyway :p maybe I'm just too lazy

KarmaCow

The new heist in Payday 2 is really weird. It's a heist involving stealing cars but the first part is pure stealth. Strict stealth too since anyone breaking the glass, humans or guards will cause it to go into a countdown till failure. The really bizarre part is that the second half is driving the cars out. As in actually driving the cars in first person, a significant distance as if it were a driving game. A bad driving game but still, I was really not expecting that at all. It's weirdest, jankiest shit.

zkylon

zkylewd
The new heist in Payday 2 is really weird. It's a heist involving stealing cars but the first part is pure stealth. Strict stealth too since anyone breaking the glass, humans or guards will cause it to go into a countdown till failure. The really bizarre part is that the second half is driving the cars out. As in actually driving the cars in first person, a significant distance as if it were a driving game. A bad driving game but still, I was really not expecting that at all. It's weirdest, jankiest shit.

that sounds kind of awesome actually

Maniac

Banned
I actually used it for a bit for Elite ... it's decent, I guess ... but ultimately I just mapped everything to an Xbone pad anyway :p maybe I'm just too lazy

Fair enough. I should get on that there Elite train, but I can't help but think it'll come to Steam eventually.

So I'll wait for that, no matter how long I'll have to wait. :p

I do imagine it could be excellent for immersion, if you had like a HOTAS setup I think it'd be seeeeeexy.

But those things cost money. I don't have money.

Grr.

fernandes

I lost track of all the updates long ago. Is this new heist free or a paid DLC? Sounds interesting since it's different from the usual heist gameplay.

I came across these account sellers on my local forums. They sell fresh accounts with $125 Steam wallet just for $25. There are lots of mixed testimonials that can be found. Some successfully bought/gift games to their main account, some got banned before even trying to bought/gift the games.
I know it's risky and no way I'm going to buy one, but how do they do that? Is that even possible?

I came across these account sellers on my local forums. They sell fresh accounts with $125 Steam wallet just for $25. There are lots of mixed testimonials that can be found. Some successfully bought/gift games to their main account, some got banned before even trying to bought/gift the games.
I know it's risky and no way I'm going to buy one, but how do they do that? Is that even possible?

Stolen credit cards would be my best bet. Probably that's their answer to Valve's new-ish restrictions on gift purchases (gifts can't be traded until 30 days have passed)

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

The wallet money was obtained fraudulently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom