• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came across these account sellers on my local forums. They sell fresh accounts with $125 Steam wallet just for $25. There are lots of mixed testimonials that can be found. Some successfully bought/gift games to their main account, some got banned before even trying to bought/gift the games.
I know it's risky and no way I'm going to buy one, but how do they do that? Is that even possible?

Like the others said, the account money is fraudulently obtained and they happily accept $25 'honest' and likely non-refundable cash in return.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
What do you mean "locked out"? Valve stopped doing that more than three years ago. He should still be able to access his current game library.

Here's what he said.

This motherfucker added me on Steam, he wanted me to substitute on TF2 Arena, he links me to a fake Mumble, I fall completely for it and install the fuckin' thing but I can't find that chatroom he wants me in. It comes to a point where he removes me and I uninstall the fake Mumble. 6 hours later I lose access to my Friends list. I poke a trader friend who knows this shit, and he tells me to immediately lock my account by tripping the SteamGuard through Internet Explorer (to make it not recognize my login) then use the lockout link

I can log in, but I'm effectively community-banned. Only VAC games I can't play.

extraz
ModBot said:
Instructions for arts&crafts:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (arts&crafts, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Borealis -- MB-6B2534AB97077A42 - Taken by tioslash
Labyrinthine Dreams -- MB-0765F0CBD18EA63F - Taken by Bayonetta - Taken by Belgarion
Talisman Prologue -- MB-74A1D2E7E18F4150 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Darkstone -- MB-98D6D7F02B9249AA - Taken by TheMadMan007
Quest of Dungeons -- MB-0765F0CBD18EA63F - Taken by Bayonetta - Taken by Belgarion
Tycoon City New York -- MB-C6171E551462E3E3 - Taken by darkchewie
Gun Monkeys -- MB-C6171E551462E3E3 - Taken by darkchewie
The UnderGarden -- MB-9D5D840CF92B1424 - Taken by sensoft04

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Quest of Dungeons was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Gun Monkeys was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Uhh I didnt have a giveaway of those I just bought Gun Monkeys! (if they don't work I dunno)

Belgarion

a1f83bae9e.png

Got Labyrinthine Dreams but I only entered for Quest of Dungeons, the codes are the same. What should I do? Not going to use the key

Belgarion

Re-raffle it.

The people have spoken
163291-12650-mayor-joe-quimby.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (arts&crafts, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Labyrinthine Dreams -- MB-0765F0CBD18EA63F - Taken by Bayonetta

Speaking of RE, should I play the first Revelation before jumping to the second game?
And why does Revelation 2 got mixed reviews on Steam?

Edit: nvm the first question, got the answer from the OT.

Elija2

And why does Revelation 2 got mixed reviews on Steam?

I think most of those are from the performance issues and lack of local co-op. Local co-op was already patched into the game and a performance patch will be coming out pretty soon so those two main criticisms of the PC version should no longer be applicable.

I think most of those are from the performance issues and lack of local co-op. Local co-op was already patched into the game and a performance patch will be coming out pretty soon so those two main criticisms of the PC version should no longer be applicable.

Performance issue? Oh well..
It seems that they're also planing the game to have 11 episodes in total. I guess I'll just wait for a little longer.

Corpekata

Banned
Performance issue? Oh well..
It seems that they're also planing the game to have 11 episodes in total. I guess I'll just wait for a little longer.

There's no way they're planning anything close to 11 episodes. More than likely old junk files not related to anything. The story is fully told, if they wanted to do more they'd probably just release it as Revelations 3.

I've heard good things about RE:R2, is it essential to play the first one before jumping into the second one?

Not really connected too much. Few references but nothing worth stressing over.

There's no way they're planning anything close to 11 episodes. More than likely old junk files not related to anything. The story is fully told, if they wanted to do more they'd probably just release it as Revelations 3.

You're right.
But the performance issue though.. I hope they fix it asap.

Are there any sales numbers on hm2 and skylines?

No idea about HM2, but Skylines sells over 500k copies in first week.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
To be frank, it's not like Valve has done it very often. Ep1, ep2 and Portal off the top of my head. The big HLs always had DM.

HL2:DM came two weeks later and may have even been slapped together in that time considering how bare-bones it is. HL2 launched with nothing but a SP campaign, unless you want to count Country-Steak: Sauce.

Here's what he said.

Ah, I figured it was something like that as opposed to Valve locking him out.

Deadbeat

Banned
HL2:DM came two weeks later and may have even been slapped together in that time considering how bare-bones it is. HL2 launched with nothing but a SP campaign, unless you want to count Country-Steak: Sauce.
It may have been bare bones, but ripping toilets out of stalls and flinging them at people entertained everyone for quite a while.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
mmm country steak and sauce.
My GPU now overheats while playing Go.
But I should order my lappy in the next week or so.

So where's the cheapest Cities:Skylines? I might waste my weekend doing that.

(Or add it to my 20 deep worldbuilding stack I'll play when I am dead)

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I'm moving to a new job across the globe. I shipped my gaming PC yesterday and won't have it for a few weeks :(

I have my 2011 MacBook Air, though. Any fun, recent games to play on it? I guess I'll finally bite the bullet on Lisa.

I'm moving to a new job across the globe. I shipped my gaming PC yesterday and won't have it for a few weeks :(

I have my 2011 MacBook Air, though. Any fun, recent games to play on it? I guess I'll finally bite the bullet on Lisa.

Ori and the Blind Forest seems fun, and beautiful.

Hotline Miami 2 and Darkest Dungeon both have Mac version and shouldn't be too hard to run I would imagine.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think they blocked buying with VPN (for paypal and cards) couple of weeks ago, because I bought hotline miami 2 from Russian GMG but tried to buy Cities couple of days ago and it didn't work.

I think it's a YMMV thing. Using a VPN with GMG has never worked for me, even when people were swearing black and blue that everything went through just fine for them (e.g. I couldn't buy Manhunt a couple of years ago).

Tizoc

Might and Magic Clash of Heroes is very addicting. Various PnC games should run fine on the Air too I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom