• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

In a perfect world, we'd get not JUST JaseC's most desired games on Stema, but also HD re-releases of Klonoa 1 Wii+Klonoa 2 PS2 @_@

dex3108

Come join me, I need lieutenant!

You can be lieutenant Dan.

But really though, I think it would be pretty cool just driving around, chillin and doing missions with GAF.

But, but I don't want to give 60$ for year and a half old game that was delayed 3 times already for PC XD

dex3108

And i forgot to add possibility that R* will remove half of the songs few years later, and we still don't know if there is Independence FM in PC version.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I just bought GTA V about one hour ago. Had a strange inner urge to do so.

Don't even mind te delays since I won't be able to play it till May/June anyway :p

fenners

Bundlejunk!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sparkle 2 Evo -- MB-A5B7B18F15F79980 - Taken by PARANO1A. 3 entrants total.

t1426908399z1.png

About to finish Wasteland 2 me thinks (~5 hours to go, unless there are some more surprises?). What a ride it has been!

Then I think I'll play Life Is Strange EP2 and start Alien Isolation and maaaybe Divinity Original Sin. I have played both of those for an hour so far.

So, what's the deal on buying GTA 5 on something other than steam (like GMG), it says it will give you a R* social club code, what the hell is that ?

Grief.exe

So, what's the deal on buying GTA 5 on something other than steam (like GMG), it says it will give you a R* social club code, what the hell is that ?

Rockstar's DRM service. Only copies purchased through Steam will be available on that service.

No matter where you buy, the game will be riddled with arbitrary amounts of DRM.

Kifimbo

Good morning:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Major Mayhem -- MB-519A6E05150DCE34 - Taken by xGreg
Power-Up -- MB-17523C4881D658F2 - Taken by titch

Rockstar's DRM service. Only copies purchased through Steam will be available on that service.

No matter where you buy, the game will be riddled with arbitrary amounts of DRM.

How is it though, how does it handle updates and patches ?

I can get the game for $43 on GMG but I'm not sure if its worth the hassle when it comes to patching through R* (probably shitty) service since Steam makes it much simpler these days.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
How is it though, how does it handle updates and patches ?

I can get the game for $43 on GMG but I'm not sure if its worth the hassle when it comes to patching through R* (probably shitty) service since Steam makes it much simpler these days.

Of course as Uplay has taught us (and Turfster has noticed recently) games launched through other services don't always patch themselves through Steam. The game will launch through Steam which launches the secondary DRM service which then prompts you to download/install a patch.

Steam copies, of course, could patch themselves through Steam - nobody will know how R* is handling this until the first patch for GTA5 is released.

dex3108

Prepare yourself for May release XD

Of course as Uplay has taught us (and Turfster has noticed recently) games launched through other services don't always patch themselves through Steam. The game will launch through Steam which launches the secondary DRM service which then prompts you to download/install a patch.

Steam copies, of course, could patch themselves through Steam - nobody will know how R* is handling this until the first patch for GTA5 is released.

There is also day 1 demand and R* servers will be hammered for at least day or two. This is their first game on that service.

Lain

"Older games shouldn't be lost to dead platforms"

I agree with this, but when it's used to defend a 40$ re-release of a single game with a bumped up resolution and more solid framerate (targetting 60!) it's really hard not to wince.

That's why BC is good, but people have been saying, since the PS3 lost it, that BC is useless because they only buy new consoles to play new games, not the same old shit. Weird how they can get so happy to pay full price to replay old shit on their new consoles after BC has been dragged to the back and shot.

Dr Dogg

Soon my pretty, soon...

https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/samsung-s34e790c/

Stand might be Samsung's usual rubbish, contrast might be a bit on the low side for a VA panel and comes with the usual off centre contrast shift you'd expect from this type of panel (the curve doesn't help either unlike on all the other IPS 21:9 monitors) but Blimey O'Reilly ~7.1ms of latency, just over twice the contrast ratio of other 21:9 monitors with some drool worth colour depth has tipped this massively in my favour over the Dell U3415W.

r3n4ud

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (r3n4ud, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Vertical Drop Heroes HD -- MB-E95AB43E2EDDCC23 - Taken by Ruruja

Nabs

Harada (Tekken) just said he's rolling with SLI 980s on his main PC, and another that's water cooled with 3 GPUs. It would be nice to have Tekken on PC...

Momentary

Banned
Harada (Tekken) just said he's rolling with SLI 980s on his main PC, and another that's water cooled with 3 GPUs. It would be nice to have Tekken on PC...

He's also been posting about the Tekken 7 PC arcade cabinets. The game could really benefit from some IQ improvements along with some more bells and whistles thrown in for good measure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom