• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.O.R.D

Dev said this:

more respectable state

AYch4Io.gif

Anteater

LoS2 is kind of good and stink at the same time, like the combat is alright but it feels like there's a dude in the team that was sabotaging it

Jawmuncher

LoS2 is kind of good and stink at the same time, like the combat is alright but it feels like there's a dude in the team that was sabotaging it

Sums it up. My entire playthrough was so back and forth it wasn't even funny.
At the end of the day though if anything I still think the modern day stuff should have never happened. Since while parts worked as a whole it always just felt odd.

zkylon

zkylewd
i kinda want to play cart life already but that game is so intimidating

feels like right up my alley and i feel bad i haven't given it enough time

Bought the Spring Fling deal - hard not to at that price!

My first post in the Steam thread - just built a gaming PC! Only thing I'm missing is a controller - can't really wait for the Steam controller, so is the 360 pad still the best option until Xbox One goes wireless?

fallout

Unpopular opinion time: Everything aside from the core gameplay is golden, but just as a platformer it's actually pretty terrible.

Still worth playing imo.
I don't think that's an unpopular opinion. I found the platforming to be passable, but otherwise, I'd agree.

i kinda want to play cart life already but that game is so intimidating

feels like right up my alley and i feel bad i haven't given it enough time
Part of the game is just losing. I have to be in the right mood for it.

zkylon

zkylewd
Unpopular opinion time: Everything aside from the core gameplay is golden, but just as a platformer it's actually pretty terrible.

Still worth playing imo.
i think that's pretty spot-on

it's an insanely creative game in concept, with really imaginative levels and characters and the overall story, and that's why you'll play it

the platforming is not awful but you'll care very little about it

Part of the game is just losing. I have to be in the right mood for it.
yea, i don't think i'm ever in the mood for games like that :I

Dsyndrome

Hoping to beat Return to Castle Wolfenstein tomorrow, wondering why the hell Wolfenstein 2009 was pulled from Steam. I've got it on PS3, but wanted to play with M+K. That said, I don't want to pay $40 to get it off Amazon.

Was there bad beef because the game did mediocre?

Grief.exe

Bought the Spring Fling deal - hard not to at that price!

My first post in the Steam thread - just built a gaming PC! Only thing I'm missing is a controller - can't really wait for the Steam controller, so is the 360 pad still the best option until Xbox One goes wireless?

DS4, XBO, and 360 are all viable options. Pick which one you find the most ergonomic.

Personally, I use the DS4.

Hoping to beat Return to Castle Wolfenstein tomorrow, wondering why the hell Wolfenstein 2009 was pulled from Steam. I've got it on PS3, but wanted to play with M+K. That said, I don't want to pay $40 to get it off Amazon.

Was there bad beef because the game did mediocre?

Bethesda purchased iD, Activision published Wolf 2009.

Knurek

Heh, GOG Galaxy is supposedly so bad at the moment, that GOG is prohibiting alpha testers from sharing anything about it with general public...

Does not bode well, maybe they will reach Uplay client level in 2025...

Celcius

°Temp. member
Hmm, Borderlands 2 GOTY ed is on sale for $8, although I already have it and all the campaign dlc for ps3. I'm half tempted to buy it just in case I ever want to play it again, but then again I do already have it on ps3 and have put who knows how many hours into it already. Decisions, decisions...

Dsyndrome

Heh, GOG Galaxy is supposedly so bad at the moment, that GOG is prohibiting alpha testers from sharing anything about it with general public...

There was a video of the alpha on Youtube, and it's the most barebones thing you can think of. Pretty much a copy of their website on an application. Apparently it wouldn't register on the app if you already had a game downloaded.

That being said, they've had an NDA for the alpha since they started testing, so it's not anything new in response to how good it is.

Bethesda purchased iD, Activision published Wolf 2009.
Acti killing my hopes and dreams yet again...

Sch1sm

Hmm, Borderlands 2 GOTY ed is on sale for $8, although I already have it and all the campaign dlc for ps3. I'm half tempted to buy it just in case I ever want to play it again, but then again I do already have it on ps3 and have put who knows how many hours into it already. Decisions, decisions...

Spend $8 on something new.

Vazduh

Maybe being in alpha has something to do with it?

Hitman Absolution doesn't seem half bad from what I've played, will put some more time into it.
Tried Ys Origins but these games aren't for me, I get bored. On the other hand I picked up Breath of Fire IV from the ridiculous flash sale sony is doing and I'm loving it.
My brother bought Shadow of Mordor so I'm downloading it to finally check it out.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
There was a video of the alpha on Youtube, and it's the most barebones thing you can think of. Pretty much a copy of their website on an application. Apparently it wouldn't register on the app if you already had a game downloaded.

Sounds like they should have hired more people
like me

But I guess I can understand them not wanting people to share info about software in such an early state. Doesn't necessarily mean it's bad, but in this instance that looks to be the case. I hope they can polish it up quite a bit because I'd really like to see it do well.

Sch1sm

Hitman Absolution doesn't seem half bad from what I've played, will put some more time into it.
Tried Ys Origins but these games aren't for me, I get bored. On the other hand I picked up Breath of Fire IV from the ridiculous flash sale sony is doing and I'm loving it.
My brother bought Shadow of Mordor so I'm downloading it to finally check it out.

Have you played any other Hitman games? If not, that might be why.

Turfster

So what you're saying is, you haven't finished the first level yet?
It's basically a dress-up simulator consolified "stealth" (read: no actual stealth involved) game, with
pretty much no real player agency, or actual hitman-ing, with the most stupid shit happening to you in cutscenes
to tell the shitty "story" in what someone that only watched streamlined hollywood "grindhouse" from the last few years thinks is grindhouse style, but really isn't.

Have you played any other Hitman games? If not, that might be why.

I haven't, but not being the best in the franchise doesn't necessarily make it a bad game.
I've only played a bit though, might change my mind, especially since I've been playing a lot of Ground Zeroes which sets the bar pretty high for the genre.

So what you're saying is, you haven't finished the first level yet?

Lol, finished the first level, yeah.

-MD-

Guys, is Ori and the Blind Forest a good gift for my gf? (I know this doesn't make much sense but I haven't played the game)

If she likes platformers yes it is a good gift. The game gets even better a couple hours into it when you get the double jump.

didamangi

Anyone else using Metro as their personal steam grid view? Just found this little AHK script on Reddit.

It's essentially a script that creates automated oblytiles for your installed steam games, so you can edit the list later on with oblytile as well.

Guys, is Ori and the Blind Forest a good gift for my gf? (I know this doesn't make much sense but I haven't played the game)

If she likes a challenging platformer with metroidvania style progression then yes.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Depends on her skill level/how comfortable she is with sidescrollers. It's really easy to die in the game and some segments will require a fair amount of patience if you aren't deft with the move set.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Are these guys legit/are they usually separate keys?
Interested in Clover for PD2, but probably gonna gift the rest to people.

Groupees is legitimate, and there are separate keys for the Steam games.

Anyone else using Metro as their personal steam grid view? Just found this little AHK script on Reddit.

It's essentially a script that creates automated oblytiles for your installed steam games, so you can edit the list later on with oblytile as well.

Oh that's quite nice. Unfortunately, I'm waiting for windows 10 before I upgrade, but I will keep an eye on the program.

ExoSoul

Banned
shouldn't you explain what kind of games your girlfriend likes
She was charmed by it so its more of a "is it actually good" kinda thing. I agree I could had worded it better, sorry for any confusion.
That and I myself don't know, she's very hit and miss

If she likes platformers yes it is a good gift. The game gets even better a couple hours into it when you get the double jump.
If she likes a challenging platformer with metroidvania style progression then yes.
That does sound like something she'd like =)

Depends on her skill level/how comfortable she is with sidescrollers. It's really easy to die in the game and some segments will require a fair amount of patience if you aren't deft with the move set.
This however... But I think she'd like it enough to persevere
that or get broken hearted xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom