• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game looks pretty slick. Looks like a pretty janky Souls-like (still in EA)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/318860/

Malebolgia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S10-l8vTn34

ss_ecb7669b3620a52ac6fbf41bbfa795aa7f04e319.1920x1080.jpg

ss_5dd66e9501fe3590ffcc3e6d533b3d69bcbcb21d.1920x1080.jpg

There's a GiantBomb Unfinished that came out for it today, looks pretty interesting.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/unfinished-malebolgia-03-19-2015/2300-10043/

syko de4d

One week away only with my laptop (540M)
Bought Ori and CaveStory+ to get some Metroid feeling back. Should be fine with these two games for a week, or? :D

edit: now i have to watch the Rainbow Six Leak Video

Parsnip

Finished Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas.

oceanhorn_by_majorparsnip-d8mm0p4.jpg

It's pretty fun little thing, not super difficult or anything and maybe not the most creative premise, but it's fun.
The controls work mostly okay, the biggest issue with it is that sometimes the on the fly switching between m+kb and controller goes nuts and starts constantly switching even when there's no m+kb activity.
There are also some save point issues, where some checkpoints don't seem to save world state all that well, and you might find previously unlocked gates and doors locked once again if you load a save from one of those checkpoints. Personally I experienced one of these, but was able to get past it by giving myself a key with cheatengine. :p
Also, there's no open world ocean like say, Wind Waker. You pick a destination from the map and it autosails you there.

I think it was €7.30 or something in nuuvem when I grabbed it and it's well worth that.
But maybe wait for a patch if you are unlucky with save stuff. :p

Here's a couple 4K to 1080p downsamples.

WeaselJCD

Neo Member
a friend of mine that works at a game dev got an occulus dk2 to take home

any suggestions of games/things to use it for?

"Whirligig" is a nice app to watch 3d movies with the rift.

Steam VR is also quite nice (you can play HL2 with the rift in the VR modus)

also "Vireio Perception" is a nice App that allows some existing games to be played in 3d with the rift, I tried Poratal 2 and a bit of Skyrim and they were quite good

ExoSoul

Banned
Does anyone have any tips regarding class/builds for Torchlight? I like the game and want to keep playing it but I can't see a reason to stick with one char nor what style I want to play as.
The only thing "appealing" was a summon focused alchemist cause those things will go ahead and clear the dungeon for you.

Also, does difficulty ramp up? I'm one-shoting most mobs on normal and since I picked up the summoning skill I'm left with nothing to kill. Should I just ramp up the difficulty or are the firsts levels filled with nothing but fodder?

ViviOggi

Does anyone have any tips regarding class/builds for Torchlight? I like the game and want to keep playing it but I can't see a reason to stick with one char nor what style I want to play as.
The only thing "appealing" was a summon focused alchemist cause those things will go ahead and clear the dungeon for you.

Also, does difficulty ramp up? I'm one-shoting most mobs on normal and since I picked up the summoning skill I'm left with nothing to kill. Should I just ramp up the difficulty or are the firsts levels filled with nothing but fodder?
Just get 2 tbh

rtcn63

Normal in the Torchlight series is equal to Easy in other loot RPGs, IIRC.

Not sure about the original, but in Torchlight 2, magic was massively overpowered relative to the other classes. I beat the first game using a warrior/berserker or whatever.

the only advice that i can give is that you should get torchlight 2 , the chars feel a little less restricted there.

now about torchlight 1 , yeah the difficulty increases later ( probably after 4 hours if i remember correctly )

Shadownet

Banned
Finished Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas.
Also, there's no open world ocean like say, Wind Waker. You pick a destination from the map and it autosails you there.

That's probably the most disappointing thing I've seen so far in the game. They should have made it like Wind Waker and include open world sailing. Missed opportunity.

ExoSoul

Banned
Just get 2 tbh
Cmon now xD

Normal in the Torchlight series is equal to Easy in other loot RPGs, IIRC.
Hard it is

Not sure about the original, but in Torchlight 2, magic was massively overpowered relative to the other classes. I beat the first game using a warrior/berserker or whatever.
I'll think I'll play a bit more with each class to see if one of them tickles my fancy
the titan skill tree of the warrior sounds cool

the only advice that i can give is that you should get torchlight 2 , the chars feel a little less restricted there.
Did they add 4 characters to the existing 3 or does the game have 4 characters?

now about torchlight 1 , yeah the difficulty increases later ( probably after 4 hours if i remember correctly )
Hm..... Eh, I'm sure I'll be able to manage it on hard =)

zkylon

zkylewd
chantelise is pretty brutal

stupid giant crab

Assetto Corsa and Alien Iso seem pretty rad.

"Whirligig" is a nice app to watch 3d movies with the rift.

Steam VR is also quite nice (you can play HL2 with the rift in the VR modus)

also "Vireio Perception" is a nice App that allows some existing games to be played in 3d with the rift, I tried Poratal 2 and a bit of Skyrim and they were quite good

ty for the suggestions

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
What the hell is this. I only know it's game related because kentucky route zero is the URL.
Is this so they can get money for the game?

Each phone is gutted and contains a small computer that runs a copy of the short story Here and There Along the Echo. They've sold two so far, with this being the third. They've only gone for a few hundred at most, so it isn't really funding the game any more than a handful of copies of the game sold does.

The two devs are have turned a part of the game world (a phone that only dials one number - a haunted info line) into a live performance piece that shows up now and then. They have a lot of inspiration in high art and live performances, so this is their way of making KR0 move into reality.

Ryne

long time since I did a giveaway (albeit a small one)
ModBot said:
[Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ryne, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Delver Early Access -- MB-05188E61016F781A - Taken by ExoSoul

Speevy

Banned
Stuffs

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deep Dungeons of Doom -- MB-09AD7780083759CD - Taken by salazar547. 3 entrants total.
Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-A658C6CDDD918BAB - Taken by SSPssp. 2 entrants total.
Motorama -- MB-31A1A137B31E9C82 - Taken by BernardoOne. 3 entrants total.
Paranautical Activity: Deluxe Atonement Edition -- MB-0E889C1BE74667E6 - Taken by Hero Prinny. 1 entrants total.
Down To One -- MB-81ECEDC8BDB7D96B - Taken by Sarcasm. 1 entrants total.
Joylancer -- MB-BFAF713774A007A8 - Taken by PandaPedinte. 1 entrants total.
BlazeRush -- MB-1881DBC8D1F70DCC - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.

t1426989102z1.png

I've got a quick question for anyone adept at going through SteamDB.

I'm looking at getting the Tropic 5 2-Pack. It looks like it gives two copies of the Tropic 5 Steam Special Edition (which is what I want).

Here's the Sub page (I think): https://steamdb.info/sub/42675/

It looks like it comes with the Special Edition DLC, but I'm not sure. Anyone feel like double-checking for me before I buy it?

here I am wondering why people didn't jump on Paranautical Activity since it was removed from steam only to find out it actually got back on quite some time ago. no wonder no one took that game :I I got it and was like YESS I GOT A RARE GAME!! lol

tmarg

here I am wondering why people didn't jump on Paranautical Activity since it was removed from steam only to find out it actually got back on quite some time ago. no wonder no one took that game :I I got it and was like YESS I GOT A RARE GAME!! lol

It wasn't even particularly rare when it was removed. They spread around a lot of keys trying to make it through greenlight. Lots and lots of bundles.

Some stuff.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Atraveller, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-95C16D05B382150A - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 1 entrants total.
Joylancer -- MB-40EFE5C032C4C208 - Taken by Naked Snake. 2 entrants total.
Mountain -- MB-263EA42556660100 - Taken by alr1ght. 1 entrants total.
Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes -- MB-C59FAA8F570FE0EB - Taken by thereisnoif. 1 entrants total.
BlazeRush -- MB-6A7AC387B3F72493 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 1 entrants total.

t1426994143z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom