• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pillars of Eternity CEs seem disproportionately priced for what you get, especially given most of the digital goods offered are things that are better suited to a physical format.

Still, so excited and hopefully it lives up to expectations.

zkylon

zkylewd
The Pillars of Eternity CEs seem disproportionately priced for what you get, especially given most of the digital goods offered are things that are better suited to a physical format.

Still, so excited and hopefully it lives up to expectations.
yea, the hype is insane

i hope there are mod tools to replace the spiders for rats tho

those things are nasty :I

also i want my obsidian shirt, didn't they say they would ship near to digital release?

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
tumblr_mu9qa048yE1rmyfvko6_r1_250.gif

It's my birthday. I'm a senile 27. Get off my lawn!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (A Fish Aficionado, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Tropico 5 -- MB-AC7E7D9D5B20F37C - Taken by Sarcasm. 19 entrants total.

t1427018623z1.png

DocSeuss

Oh neat, our birthdays aren't that far apart. Happy birthday, yo.

--

Far Cry 4 beat. I liked a lot of what I played, but by the end, I felt kinda hollow. Dissatisfied. I just didn't like having to work for assholes. Either side with Pablo Escobar or ISIS. The whole game I've been working to free these people and the game wants to make it first... but none of this connects to anything else within the game. Like, why should I keep playing? Why does The Clash play at the end of the game? Stuff like that.

Oh neat, our birthdays aren't that far apart. Happy birthday, yo.

--

Far Cry 4 beat. I liked a lot of what I played, but by the end, I felt kinda hollow. Dissatisfied. I just didn't like having to work for assholes. Either side with Pablo Escobar or ISIS. The whole game I've been working to free these people and the game wants to make it first... but none of this connects to anything else within the game. Like, why should I keep playing? Why does The Clash play at the end of the game? Stuff like that.

I felt the same way about the ending,
Pagan Min was far more relatable and charismatic than either of the Golden Path people, by the end of the game I didn't want to support either of them.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I just finished Far Cry 3 (after having played 4 a little while back) and I was surprised how almost exactly the same the two games are. And you still get a decision at the end that makes you want to shake your head and say "fuck it, I'm out of here. You guys figure this crap out on your own".

I liked 4 quite a bit better actually. I couldn't have cared less about Sabal or Anita by the end, but
I didn't kill either of them, so that's something
. However, I
shot Pagan Min right in his dumb face

As far as huge open world collectithon games go, it's probably my favorite series, though I haven't played much of AC to know exactly where it stands. The story is at least somewhat entertaining and (at times) humorous. The weapons and vehicles are amazing and (I can't believe I'm saying this) I actually enjoyed the FPS gun-play. Grabbing collectibles was neat and didn't get nearly as boring as it should have.

DocSeuss

I felt the same way about the ending,
Pagan Min was far more relatable and charismatic than either of the Golden Path people, by the end of the game I didn't want to support either of them.

Pagan has a past, has motivations, has logic and reason for doing what he does.

I just finished Far Cry 3 (after having played 4 a little while back) and I was surprised how almost exactly the same the two games are. And you still get a decision at the end that makes you want to shake your head and say "fuck it, I'm out of here. You guys figure this crap out on your own".

I liked 4 quite a bit better actually. I couldn't have cared less about Sabal or Anita by the end, but
I didn't kill either of them, so that's something
. However, I
shot Pagan Min right in his dumb face

As far as huge open world collectithon games go, it's probably my favorite series, though I haven't played much of AC to know exactly where it stands. The story is at least somewhat entertaining and (at times) humorous. The weapons and vehicles are amazing and (I can't believe I'm saying this) I actually enjoyed the FPS gun-play. Grabbing collectibles was neat and didn't get nearly as boring as it should have.

I like 'em both more or less the same. Told Alex Hutchinson via twitter (might have been someone else, but I thought it was him) that there needed to be fast travel at the top of all the bell towers, like Assassin's Creed, 'cause, um... they're PERFECT for wingsuiting from.

Also: how do you avoid killing either Amita or Sabal? o-o

I'm not sure why you feel surprised at praising the FPS gunplay. Far Cry's enemies aren't the best, but it has one of the best cameras out there. Seriously, so much great stuff going on, like jumping from a certain height and having your camera subtly rotate down to your feet, or sinking in water when you jump in. I love that camera. The core shootbangs feels pretty good. I'd tweak the health a bit, but that's about all.

Far Cry was my favorite collectathon. Now that honor has gone to Sunset Overdrive, which has better traversal and collectibles that actually act as a currency. There's nothing that's just there to be there. It all works towards something.

43 hours in, I'm mostly done. But this Yeti DLC, mmmm, so far, it's pretty great. There's the core of something incredible here. Then again, that was true of Blood Dragon as well.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Also: how do you avoid killing either Amita or Sabal? o-o
When you're given the mission to kill one of them (I chose Amita because I really could care less) you can simply
wait about 10-15 seconds when the button prompt comes up without pressing anything. They'll call you a coward, then leave. You won't see them again for the rest of the game, the same as it would be if you killed them I assume.

I liked all of the choices you could make like that. In a way, it felt like I had more of an impact on the huge-ass world than, for example, a Telltale game.

I'm not sure why you feel surprised at praising the FPS gunplay. Far Cry's enemies aren't the best, but it has one of the best cameras out there. Seriously, so much great stuff going on, like jumping from a certain height and having your camera subtly rotate down to your feet, or sinking in water when you jump in. I love that camera. The core shootbangs feels pretty good. I'd tweak the health a bit, but that's about all.

My surprise isn't that I found this particular instance of gunplay praiseworthy, only that I found any FPS gunplay at all fun. Usually with games like this, it's my least favorite part of playing the game. Traditionally speaking, give me Fallout 3's V.A.T.S. system any day. ;)

Far Cry was my favorite collectathon. Now that honor has gone to Sunset Overdrive, which has better traversal and collectibles that actually act as a currency. There's nothing that's just there to be there. It all works towards something.

Sounds pretty good, though the game's stuck on a platform that I'll never be supporting. There was some talk about it coming to PC so if that ever happens I might check it out.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of A Fish Aficionado, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (A Fish Aficionado, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Tropico 5 -- MB-AC7E7D9D5B20F37C - Taken by Sarcasm. 19 entrants total.

t1427018623z1.png

DocSeuss

When you're given the mission to kill one of them (I chose Amita because I really could care less) you can simply
wait about 10-15 seconds when the button prompt comes up without pressing anything. They'll call you a coward, then leave. You won't see them again for the rest of the game, the same as it would be if you killed them I assume.

I liked all of the choices you could make like that. In a way, it felt like I had more of an impact on the huge-ass world than, for example, a Telltale game.

I would like to sit down with a higher-up on Far Cry 4's team and just ask them what was the point of it all?

My surprise isn't that I found this particular instance of gunplay praiseworthy, only that I found any FPS gunplay at all fun. Usually with games like this, it's my least favorite part of playing the game. Traditionally speaking, give me Fallout 3's V.A.T.S. system any day. ;)

Usually, in games like this (by which I mean open-world first-person games), gunplay is... just pretty bad. Far Cry actually tries to have good shootbangs. I appreciate that a great deal. It's top tier.

Sounds pretty good, though the game's stuck on a platform that I'll never be supporting. There was some talk about it coming to PC so if that ever happens I might check it out.

I really hope it does. I'm the only person I know who owns it, which sucks, because it's WONDERFUL.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Happy Birthday Fish! I didn't even have kids when I was your age

Shadownet

Banned
I was sleeping, then I woke up and realized that it was Fish' birthday. So I wanted to say Happy Birthday man!

Yes I had a feeling it was his birthday... :p lol

I was counting how long it took for someone to react negativel to that email. Only took 2 posts! I expected nothing less of SteamGAF

Sounds good to me to be honest. It shows that they're thinking hard about what they're doing and why. Yeah not everything works, but there is no guarantee that it would be better with a different structure. I think Valve deserves more credit than this thread gives them most of the time. The part about having no budgets and no financial analysis is intersting as well.

Knurek

Is Guacamelee!'s Tree Tops segment completable by normal human beings?

I've finished the first part, but the one where you have to dimension shift while running on a wall with alternating spikes is kicking my butt.

Game has been relatively toothless before that, but this part is straight out of some Kaizo Mario/Super Meat Boy user created level bullshit. :\

I really love how Croteam still gives PC-players the best experience.
In Talos Principle you can choose your colour-scheme, it has Motion-Sickness Options, it is localised in like 20 languages with voice action for each (even Cantonese, Japanese, Korean and Mandarin) and almost everything you can configure.

Copons

tumblr_mu9qa048yE1rmyfvko6_r1_250.gif

It's my birthday. I'm a senile 27. Get off my lawn!

Maaaaaan, I was about to enter this giveaway but all of a sudden I realized that in case I win, it would stack upon Cities Skylines, effectively voiding what little is left of my social life. And I mean social social, not social chirper. :(

Happy birthday nonetheless! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom