• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

The Origins hate in that thread...

papdGBL.gif

Locust

Looks like Valve's undone the recent change to ACRTAG that had it act as an OARIC replacement as my copy of Valiant Heats is no longer runtime-restricted. Well, that or the change now only applies to new gifts, although Steam's checkout system makes no mention of a runtime-level restriction, which leads to me to believe the reversion was broad.

Did you actually activate one of those or do you mean that the warning on gift activation is gone?

Jawmuncher

4 really rubbed me the wrong way. When I realized that halfway through the game wanted me to backtrack all the way back to the begining with a different character I was like "u wut m8?"
Felt like such a lazy design decision.
It's like they went:
"Crap, the game is only 5 hours long"
"No problem, let's make them play through it twice"
Oh, and in the end
they make you fight the bosses a third time!
God damn, talk about padding out the lenght of game.

Story was really lame, yeah. 1 and 3 were the "so bad it's good" kind of thing, but 4 was just plain bad.

I wouldn't have even minded the back tracking if the story itself was alright. But after the first area there isn't much redeeming it. Shame since gameplay wise everything is there. Wonder why the design was the way it was. TO me it just screams that they were getting rush or meeting a deadline and that was the only way they could give enough content I guess.

Tizoc

This remastered thing is really, really disgusting. And I don't know why people love those things. I mean, if PS4 users want to play each available PS3 title, buy a PS3. What the hell, they are "remastering" the hell out of games.

Not everyone wants to buy a PS3, these remasters aren't getting in the way of new games, if you want it, get it, if people get it and enjoy it good for them, no need to be a grumpy snake over it :V

...and brutha if they announce a PS4 re-release of MGS2+3+PW HD you would buy it day 1, don't deny it. You'd even double dip on the Steam ver. too :V

Knurek

Yeah, I remember it, and I don't know why people say PS4 doesn't offer BC because "it would be too expensive". Yeah, sure, yes.
Let's say the truth: with BC they can't release all those remastered, because to play your game you can simply put your Uncharted 3 into your PS4 and that's all. Now without BC we have:

I will laugh my ass off when/if PS5/XBtwo come out and use ARM instead of x86, meaning another round of remasters.

jediyoshi

-One Remastered each day. Really. As I said multiple times, there are remastered/remakes with a sense (Grim Fandango, RE Remake, Oddworld New'n'tasty), that there are those cash grabs. And people love it. Also I can't take those "Well, nice, I want to replay this, I'll re-buy it.". If you really want to play it again, just put your disc in your PS3/360, and that's it.

So are you personally buying everyone a PS3/360 or is that free with all these other extra fallacies?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Did you actually activate one of those or do you mean that the warning on gift activation is gone?

I had Survivors gifted to me to use as a test, since it's only AUD$1.80, and it installs just fine with my usual IP. Either Valve's had a change of heart or the ACRTAG change went live ahead of time.

Edit: Fantomena says his activated copy of Ori is still region-locked, but he's going to try a proper restart of the client and get back to me.

Edit edit: Still doesn't work. Looks like people who activated gifts while the OARICesque change was in place didn't luck out.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dead Rising 2/OTR's GfWL importer still isn't available despite it going on a week now.

Capcom... plz. I want to import my save files.

derExperte

Looks like Valve's undone the recent change to ACRTAG that had it act as an OARIC replacement as my copy of Valiant Heats is no longer runtime-restricted. Well, that or the change now only applies to new gifts, although Steam's checkout system makes no mention of a runtime-level restriction, which leads to me to believe the reversion was broad.

Edit: Also, e-mail addresses now display correctly in chat.

So what does that mean? Are Russian 4packs a valid option again? I have no idea anymore of what's going on.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So what does that mean? Are Russian 4packs a valid option again? I have no idea anymore of what's going on.

It just means that ACRTAG-flagged games no longer need a VPN to play in addition to requiring one for activation. Or to put it another way, the "Russian Bear" is still dead, but Valve is no longer kicking it while it's down.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

maybe that's their plan .... to confuse the fuck out of everyone to the point where no one knows anything any more when it comes to regional stuff ;)

So far based on the comments above and the annoucement thread, Origins seems to be a divisive game. I can't be arsed to buy it since there is no GOTY version where almost all DLCs are included. Shame since I love playing the earlier games.

MUnited83

For you.
No, they buy a PS3 by themself if they want each available PS3 game on PS4 for 50€ each :p Or at least this is what I would do.
That's a terrible suggestion and I don't get your mindless hate for remasters. Why the hell would people buy a old console and a game that runs worse instead of buying the better version on the console they already have? Price complaints? Hell, it ain't hard to wait a couple of months and pick it up for cheap.
Remasters ain't stopping new games from being made, not everyone had a PS3 and even the ones who had may appreciate the upgrade. This does not affect you in the slightest.

Nabs

So far based on the comments above and the annoucement thread, Origins seems to be a divisive game. I can't be arsed to buy it since there is no GOTY version where almost all DLCs are included. Shame since I love playing the earlier games.

There's literally one piece of story DLC, and that usually goes on sale for $2.50.

I've yet to see a specific complaint that takes place after the Deathstroke fight, so we can infer what happened.

A boss where you need to adapt and can't button mash? This game is shit.

My only complaint is that the Deathstroke fight was too early in the game. Them trailers were deceiving.

u shuold play analogue a hate story

I did, just a few days ago, actually. Took me three hours to get all the achievements. It was very heavy-handed in its "Get it? It's about feminism! And hating on women is grounds for justifiable homicide!" But then it throws all this other stuff around you, like these minor characters and their love affairs. Why, exactly, should I care that someone who's been dead for centuries was cheating on someone else dead for centuries with a third party...also dead for centuries? And why was my client PAYING for this information?

The graphics were fine. And I liked the way they used the terminal interface. But the story made no sense to me. And if the story of a visual novel doesn't make sense...well then I suppose it's not a very good visual novel, is it?

A boss where you need to adapt and can't button mash? This game is shit.

My only complaint is that the Deathstroke fight was too early in the game. Them trailers were deceiving.

my main issues with Oranges:

-the story, which is often mentioned as a highlight of the game,
is not only another Joker tale, but it's also feels rushed and incomplete. They mention the entirety of the Suicide Squad but you really only duke it out with about half of them and the game never really explains what happened to the rest.

-that half of the map is reused from Arkham. I mean i get it, you gotta crunch out a lower budget batman game and it's your first real attempt at developing one so you're kinda like Treyarch when they started doing COD games: you're building around someone else's work to start with. But it still makes the experience feel cheap and the sense of discovery is hurt by this move.
-it's a more linear experience than the previous game, and the side mission task aren't as well done as in the previous game either so you have less of an incentive to venture off the beaten path.

But hey, i could totally see how an Oranges 2 could be really good now that they got one of these games out there.

Anteater

I liked origins better than asylum. Even though I guess it's unfair to compare it to an older game, but I enjoyed my time with origins more, there were quite a few boss fights and areas I didn't like in Asylum, I think all of the bosses were kind of crap, the bosses in the newer games aren't perfect but they are more fun at least. I don't have much complaints about origins other than a few glitches and bugs here and there and that it's more like arkham city 2.0.

MUnited83

For you.
I had Survivors gifted to me to use as a test, since it's only AUD$1.80, and it installs just fine with my usual IP. Either Valve's had a change of heart or the ACRTAG change went live ahead of time.

Edit: Fantomena says his activated copy of Ori is still region-locked, but he's going to try a proper restart of the client and get back to me.

Edit edit: Still doesn't work. Looks like people who activated gifts while the OARICesque change was in place didn't luck out.

My South-East Asian copy of Magix still has the "In addition, if you decide to redeem this restricted gift, you can only play it within the countries listed above." warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom