• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My South-East Asian copy of Magix still has the "In addition, if you decide to redeem this restricted gift, you can only play it within the countries listed above." warning.

Weird, Fantomena just said the same thing. The runtime restriction is definitely gone for me, though:

valiantheartsp3ufw.jpg

survivors1imu5f.jpg

survivors2x5uxr.jpg

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
-the story, which is often mentioned as a highlight of the game,
is not only another Joker tale, but it's also feels rushed and incomplete. They mention the entirety of the Suicide Squad but you really only duke it out with about half of them and the game never really explains what happened to the rest.

Sorry, if you meant "assassins" rather than Suicide Squad (which the game doesn't deal with, it only drops hints at the upcoming game), then your complaint is bullshit.

The cannibalistic hunter Killer Croc. Main Plot.
The veteran mercenary Deathstroke. Main Plot.
The unrivaled marksman Deadshot. Sidequest, captured.
The super soldier Bane. Main Plot.
The unstable pyromaniac Firefly. Main Plot.
The charismatic pit fighter Electrocutioner. Main Plot.
The physically unmatched Lady Shiva. Sidequest, escaped.
And the venomously enigmatic Copperhead. Main Plot.

All but two are in the main plot and unavoidable. The remaining two have specific sidequests dealing with them and are fitting for their characters.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
just back form watching interstellar with friends

duno what the fuss was all about i thought it was pretty mediocre and inconsistent

ppl told me this was like space oddyssey? wtf

the fadt punk movie is much beter

I agree, it's a mediocre movie with a crappy "sentimental" ending, the movie is very well done but it's nothing special story wise with lots of inconsistencies.
My heart is breaking. I think the soundtrack really sells it though. I do think the twist is terrible, though.

my main issues with Oranges:

-the story, which is often mentioned as a highlight of the game,
is not only another Joker tale, but it's also feels rushed and incomplete. They mention the entirety of the Suicide Squad but you really only duke it out with about half of them and the game never really explains what happened to the rest.

I agree with your first half, but I don't remember the SS being mentioned pertaining to the main plot. It has been some time since I've played though.

Sorry, if you meant "assassins" rather than Suicide Squad (which the game doesn't deal with, it only drops hints at the upcoming game), then your complaint is bullshit.

oh, well then

The cannibalistic hunter Killer Croc. Main Plot.
The veteran mercenary Deathstroke. Main Plot.
The unrivaled marksman Deadshot. Sidequest, captured.
The super soldier Bane. Main Plot.
The unstable pyromaniac Firefly. Main Plot.
The charismatic pit fighter Electrocutioner. Main Plot.
The physically unmatched Lady Shiva. Sidequest, escaped.
And the venomously enigmatic Copperhead. Main Plot.

All but two are in the main plot and unavoidable. The remaining two have specific sidequests dealing with them and are fitting for their characters.
I didn't do the side stuff so i guess I missed out on a few. I'll see how well i remember the game so if i get a couple of these wrong then feel free to correct me.

-the electrocutioner is pretty much a joke in the game, no? seemed like he was there to provide you with an item and that he never really makes a significant appearance in the game.
-Bane is up there with the Joker as a guy they need to stop milking so i was pretty annoyed that he was not only in the game but also a boss fight. but that's subjective and doesn't invalidate your point.
-i'll grant you that firefly, copperhead, and deathstroke are definitely in the game and are highlights as far as the squad goes.
-ending spoiler
the punching the shit out of the joker and the game abruptly ending after that really felt rushed and unsatisfying

also, i kinda have a dislike for Oranges besides the things i mentioned earlier because that Mr Freeze DLC was some hot garbage. It wasn't fun at all and really had some bad encounter designs, including the final bossfight which made me want to set my PC on fire. Then again, it's not like the story DLC for City was all that much better really.

but like i said earlier, i could see an Oranges 2 being something unique and enjoyable. Just don't get the people who think it's better than the first 2 arkham games. No way, peeps, those 2 games are damn near godtier compared to Oranges.

How they handled the Electrocutioner is perfectly fitting for the character he is in the comic universe. From the Wiki:
He's a bitch and he goes down like a bitch.

fair enough i suppose but i do feel like i was given the short end of that experience. the game kinda implies you'll be encountering all of these assassins as legit threats so it kinda sucks that some of them are a joke and that others exist outside of the main story. I would've like to have encountered all of these hired guns throughout the game since that's sorta what the game throws out at you in the beginning.

also, i'm not opposed to joke encounters. I thought the Penguin uppercut was a laughably enjoyable end to that confrontation in City, for example. Just seems a bit less earned in Oranges.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
How they handled the Electrocutioner is perfectly fitting for the character he is in the comic universe. From the Wiki:

Overly reliant on his ability to generate electricity, the Electrocutioner has faced (and been defeated by) Batman, Robin, and Nightwing.

He's a bitch and he goes down like a bitch.

So many remasters this gen. Having a PC basically means getting "free" remasters all the time.

Backwards compatibility ftw.

They've actually planned for this on the next gen system planning.
No need for backwards compatibility, just remaster games and resell them, double profit.

Locust

I had Survivors gifted to me to use as a test, since it's only AUD$1.80, and it installs just fine with my usual IP. Either Valve's had a change of heart or the ACRTAG change went live ahead of time.

Edit: Fantomena says his activated copy of Ori is still region-locked, but he's going to try a proper restart of the client and get back to me.

Edit edit: Still doesn't work. Looks like people who activated gifts while the OARICesque change was in place didn't luck out.

Yeah, to confirm I activated one of those old Magix gifts plus a War Thunder pack to see if that shit will actually lock down a f2p game (either it doesn't, or DLC is unaffected).
Magix wouldn't install: http://i.imgur.com/hntinYv.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah, to confirm I activated one of those old Magix gifts plus a War Thunder pack to see if that shit will actually lock down a f2p game (it doesn't).
Magix wouldn't install: http://i.imgur.com/hntinYv.png

Yeah, I posted a follow-up on the previous page in response to someone else saying the restriction was still present:

Weird, Fantomena just said the same thing. The runtime restriction is definitely gone for me, though:

I'm not sure why I'm seeing something different to others, especially since the runtime restriction most definitely was there at first, but I'm not complaining. ;)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
And with every new remaster my "there is no such thing as PC port begging" argument grows stronger.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I know I'll cause a fight but that fight ain't that bad, I did it first time :p

I'm big enough to admit I didn't get it at first, but I accepted that it was my fault and not the game's. Some people are just unable to see beyond themselves.

derExperte

So far based on the comments above and the annoucement thread, Origins seems to be a divisive game. I can't be arsed to buy it since there is no GOTY version where almost all DLCs are included. Shame since I love playing the earlier games.

There's a Batman: Arkham Origins Complete Edition, only availabe through retail.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
They've actually planned for this on the next gen system planning.
No need for backwards compatibility, just remaster games and resell them, double profit.

Contrary to what seems to be popular opinion here on GAF, I'm actually okay with all of these remasters. As someone who missed a large majority of the previous console generation, I can appreciate the value in something like The Last of Us Remastered. I didn't get a chance to play it when it was originally released as I didn't own a PS3 at the time. When I bought my PS4 it was one of the first games I picked up.

I bought Final Fantasy X HD for the PSVita and thought it was great. It added newly updated textures and widescreen support to one of my favorite PS2 games. It also added trophies which I'm a huge fan of. I'm one of those weirdos who is patiently waiting for the PS4 version.

Will I buy the God of War 3 remaster? Nope. But not because I think it's a cash grab or bad for the industry. I'm simply not buying it because I'm not interested in the slightest. I didn't play the first two and probably won't (although if I did, I would play their remastered versions).

A lot of these remastered versions are also including the DLC that was originally released. I think that's important on a deeper level for the preservation of the future of our great hobby. I'm pretty certain that when my grandkids are teenagers (probably about 20 years from now) it will be literally impossible to buy the DLC for the The Last of Us on the PS3, so I'm glad it's included on PS4 disc.

I'm like the anti-PunishedSnake.

EDIT: I guess the important distinction is that none of the games I mentioned are on PC to begin with. I'll admit that changes the argument pretty considerably.

Derp

Goddammit I want GTA V on release day, but I'm not paying $75USD for it. That's over $95AUD... I mean... What the fuck...?

Also 3rd party sellers aren't an option because I want the steam key.

Stop price gouging us, you animals! Now I don't know what to do. Shit.

Goddammit I want GTA V on release day, but I'm not paying $75USD for it. That's over $95AUD... I mean... What the fuck...?

Also 3rd party sellers aren't an option because I want the steam key.

Stop price gouging us, you animals! Now I don't know what to do. Shit.

buy it from an american, or check out steamtrades.com

There's a Batman: Arkham Origins Complete Edition, only availabe through retail.
Too bad then, as the PC retail games here is as dead as the dodo.
EDIT: I guess the important distinction is that none of the games I mentioned are on PC to begin with. I'll admit that changes the argument pretty considerably.

Yeah, I'm with jshackles in this one. Mostly since I don't want to buy tons of DLCs for a single game, unless that's Civilization game.

Dsyndrome

Past by the other day.
I'm always amazed at some of the real estate these companies have.

I imagine that Redmond is just miles and miles of tech company wonderland as far as the eye can see, like Disney World or something. With how close I live to there, it's a wonder I've never ventured that far east.

The thought of people paying $40 or whatever the price will be for games that on PC hit humble bundle status a year ago kinda makes me cringe.
My main issue with remasters is how much they charge for them.
Like God of War 3. 40 fucking bucks. You can by all 6 games of the saga on PS3 for less than that. Back in the PS3 days remasters always included more than 1 game. Okami even was digital only because sony didn't allow retail versions of remasters with less than 2 games! And the jump from SD to HD was much more significant than the upgrade these remasters get.
I love remasters when they get a good amount of attention or allow a game that was constrained by hardware limitations to really shine.
It's awesome that Shadow of the Colossus isn't stuck in that 12 fps hell anymore.
ICO got a 900% bump in resolution with the remaster.
When bluepoint brought the GoW PSP games to the PS3 they increased the poly count, remastered textures and re-rendered all the cutscenes in 1080p.
Look at how gorgeous Zone of the Enders 2 (post patch) and Okami look on the PS3 now, it's awesome that such timeless classics look fantastic on modern TVs.
This is the kind of stuff I can get behind.

Stuff like Sleeping Dogs or the Arkham games, which are the PC versions running at 1080p should be priced fairly, as it is they're plain rip-offs.

Knurek

God damn it, OOTP Baseball 16 has achievements...
I haven't even played an hour out of OOTPB15... Must resist buying the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom