• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

vegeta-dance-gif93us1.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
i dont think plotholes are the problem is jsut that the movie keeps going from scientific stuff to lovey dovey stuff and doesnt ever really make a good link between those and u end up having trouble to forgive the silly stuff that i would usually just ignore

im surprised it was usch a big hit since its a really simple movie that feels convolujted for the sake of being convoluted more than having anything new to say that u havent heard a million times before in ismilar movies

anyways going to sleepy now chantelise is very relaxing if u like kyaa kyaa bye bye

Arthea

What I would like to know is when to expect Pillars of Eternity keys from Nuuvem. Anybody preodered anything from them before? If yes, when you got your keys?

I already have 311 games to play. And it's just going to get worse, isn't it?

you have no idea! (><)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What I would like to know is when to expect Pillars of Eternity keys from Nuuvem. Anybody preodered anything from them before? If yes, when you got your keys?

Keys are being sent out to backers today or tomorrow, so I'd expect third-party retailers to get them around the same time.

Jawmuncher

If there isn't any new story content for DMC4SE it's going right in the probably won't buy bin. Biggest shame is If this was somehow DMC3 I'd probably get it day 1 since the story there was great. 4s was just all kinds of boring.

If there isn't any new story content for DMC4SE it's going right in the probably won't buy bin. Biggest shame is If this was somehow DMC3 I'd probably get it day 1 since the story there was great. 4s was just all kinds of boring.

4 really rubbed me the wrong way. When I realized that halfway through the game wanted me to backtrack all the way back to the begining with a different character I was like "u wut m8?"
Felt like such a lazy design decision.
It's like they went:
"Crap, the game is only 5 hours long"
"No problem, let's make them play through it twice"
Oh, and in the end
they make you fight the bosses a third time!
God damn, talk about padding out the lenght of game.

Story was really lame, yeah. 1 and 3 were the "so bad it's good" kind of thing, but 4 was just plain bad.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well finished the DE verison of DmC and the combat is much better and the final boss was wonderful to playthrough because of it! Unfortunately I don't really like anything else about the game because of encounters set in areas with tons of ways to fall while trying to style on dudes (I didn't like this in DMC4 either.), awful platforming, and story are not fun to me at all.

Combat is pretty solid now though so if you like action games I suggest you get the DE version and play with Turbo and Hardcore mode on if it ever comes to PC.

A date! Happy days! I'm looking forward to this. :D

JaseC

Looks like Valve's undone the recent change to ACRTAG that had it act as an OARIC replacement as my copy of Valiant Heats is no longer runtime-restricted. Well, that or the change now only applies to new gifts, although Steam's checkout system makes no mention of a runtime-level restriction, which leads to me to believe the reversion was broad.

Edit: Also, e-mail addresses now display correctly in chat.

Arthea

Looks like Valve's undone the recent change to ACRTAG that had it act as an OARIC replacement as my copy of Valiant Heats is no longer runtime-restricted. Well, that or the change now only applies to new gifts, although Steam's checkout system makes no mention of a runtime-level restriction, which leads to me to believe the reversion was broad.

Edit: Also, e-mail addresses now display correctly in chat.

wait what? You mean that old VH was restricted on run level? When I asked before someone (probably you) said that it doesn't concern old games. Does it?

JaseC

wait what? You mean that old VH was restricted on run level? When I asked before someone (probably you) said that it doesn't concern old games. Does it?

Valve changed how ACRTAG works, so it affected every gift, both new ones and of course old ones with the ACRTAG flag applied by the publisher itself. It didn't affect every gift bought from Eastern Europe/South America/South-east Asia (e.g. my Fast & Furious spares are still completely region-free).

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
This remastered thing is really, really disgusting. And I don't know why people love those things. I mean, if PS4 users want to play each available PS3 title, buy a PS3. What the hell, they are "remastering" the hell out of games.
Remember backwards compatibility back in the day? Now Wii U is the only one with that on the console side of things...

JaseC

Its probably because Origin was done by another developer and it might require greater cost. Then again, maybe Rocksteady is going to be pissy and refuse to admit the game existed. Who knows?

It's already done much the opposite:

Story Guidelines for Origins
"We had our story down fairly early, so it was quite easy for us to say, 'That&#8217;s our story. That&#8217;s where we&#8217;re going. So just make sure you don&#8217;t tread on the toes of that,'" Hill says. "I think it was great for those guys to be able to take ownership rather than think they were just doing something subservient to us. We didn&#8217;t want that feeling at all. We wanted those guys to be able to take ownership of what they were doing."

"We definitely consider it canon," Hill says. "There are things through [all] the games, obviously. They have Barbara Gordon in as well and Oracle plays a very key role in our game. So there are things that are connected, for sure. But the events of Asylum and City are actually nearer to the events of Knight so it's easier to tie in to those events."

I actually thought Rocksteady said it wasn't canon, which is why I looked up the interview, haha.

derExperte

Why not the whole trilogy? Is Oranges really that bad, like a red head stepchild born out of wedlock?

It's very forgettable and deservedly got a worse reception. Origins also has so many outstanding bugs that it probably takes longer to fix if they want to do it right. Or they just want to avoid to oversaturate the market.

Project Eternity is Pillars of Eternity
where GAF will get a special in-game land/house/building right?

Yes but don't expect too much. Or anything at all.

Anteater

This remastered thing is really, really disgusting. And I don't know why people love those things. I mean, if PS4 users want to play each available PS3 title, buy a PS3. What the hell, they are "remastering" the hell out of games.

It's not that different than people wanting to play a game on pc at a higher resolution and framerate, except they have no choice on consoles, and not everyone wants to buy and hook up multiple consoles and play the last gen version, or having to buy a pc if they don't own one.

I don't really see the problem with them other than maybe the pricing, but if people are willing to give them money, it's not really my problem.

jediyoshi

This remastered thing is really, really disgusting. And I don't know why people love those things. I mean, if PS4 users want to play each available PS3 title, buy a PS3.

Yeah. Why pay less when you can pay more and have it be less convenient!

Next time you buy a game, why don't you Paypal me money so I can do you the favor of not having to deal with all your disposable income.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom