• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Any easy way to view a list of all the DLC available for every game you own in one place?

You could try asking Valve. Steam's public API doesn't have a GetOwnedGames equivalent for DLC, and obviously DLC doesn't show up in the All Games tab (aside from that which is listed erroneously, like the DLC for Borderlands), which rules out profile analysers as an option.

36...fuck sake

well-I-guess-thats-that-other-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1414.jpg

HBD!

Gosh, yes - it's finally Pillars of Eternity week.

Checked my Kickstarter thingy, and I seemingly backed this on September 16th, 2012. 2012! 2.5 years is a long time in gaming (well, it's a fair chunk of time, full stop, really).

4 more days, hang in there!

JaseC

Have PoE backers been given their keys yet? I sold my slacker-backer post-release key to someone else since I knew there would be pre-purchase options on Steam itself at a later date.

oipic

Have PoE backers been given their keys yet? I sold my slacker-backer post-release key to someone else since I knew there would be pre-purchase options on Steam itself at a later date.

Not yet, Jase - backer keys are are supposedly being distributed 'Monday or Tuesday' (so in our time, perhaps overnight-ish tonight-ish?).

Edit: As an aside, we're supposedly ~6 hours or so away from the video/stream embargo being lifted.

JaseC

Not yet, Jase - backer keys are are supposedly being distributed 'Monday or Tuesday' (so in our time, perhaps overnight-ish tonight-ish?).

Edit: As an aside, we're supposedly ~6 hours or so away from the video/stream embargo being lifted.

Ah, cool.

PARANO1A

What happens if I redeem a Steam key for a game not available in my country? I want to buy Singularity but it's not on the Steam store here.

So I bought it and it worked! Still can't access from within Steam, even though I own the same... but this is great.

I wonder if I can buy HM2 from Australia then...

JaseC

I wonder if I can buy HM2 from Australia then...
If you actually want to buy it, you can do so by first visiting the store of another region to add it to your cart. If you have Steam Wallet funds you'll have to switch back to the AU store in another tab, but the checkout process will still proceed as normal since the sub itself isn't locked down to prevent Aussies from purchasing it:

hm2c4uj8.jpg

Just got an e-mail from WTFast:

We Need Your Help to Quiet the Trolls On Steam!
(& Get Free Premium WTFast Time)

Now we are on Steam, which is awesome, but there are also a TON of trolls on Steam leaving negative reviews; it is very frustrating. We know WTFast isn't perfect and it can be always improved; some of the negative reviews are legit and we are using the feedback to help improve WTFast. However, there are a ton of negative reviews that are blatant lies and pure trolling.

It would be extremely helpful if you can leave a positive review about your experience using WTFast. Simply say which game you were playing, and the results you got with WTFast. This will help us to counter the trolls.

In exchange, we will give you a free month of WTFast premium time!

All you have to do is leave a positive review on our Steam store page, and then link your review in an e-mail to steam@wtfast.com - that's it!

If you leave a really impressive review, we will give out 10x 3 months premium time to the 10 best reviews (to be decided over the next month).

Here is the WTFast Steam store:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/315880/

Haha wow.
Yeah, I've been using WTFast for years. It works, actually.

JaseC

I do agree.
Can Valve detect it or is there a way to report it?

You can report the app by clicking the flag icon on the store page, but there's no option that relates to the solicitation of positive reviews so you'd have to choose something else and then clarify using the text box.

You can report the app by clicking the flag icon on the store page, but there's no option that relates to the solicitation of positive reviews so you'd have to choose something else and then clarify using the text box.

Alright, I did my part.
As far as I remember they're pretty new to Steam but that doesn't justify this kind of act.

Arthea

Rhaknar is back? Or is it only for her bday?
Happy birthday

I want new PC... I want it bad, there are just too many problems with my main one and other is somewhat too old for gaming (not really, it still can run most games on mid to low, but it just seems so odd to move back to it). The problem is I can't afford one, and situation being as it is, I probably won't be able to buy it any time soon.

JaseC

Rhaknar is back? Or is it only for her bday?
Happy birthday

I want new PC... I want it bad, there are just too many problems with my main one and other is somewhat too old for gaming (not really, it still can run most games on mid to low, but it just seems so odd to move back to it). The problem is I can't afford one, and situation being as it is, I probably won't be able to buy it any time soon.

Solution: Apply for a credit card that you can worry about later!

Arthea

Solution: Apply for a credit card that you can worry about later!

I'm not sure I could get a card with this amount of credit (><)
and it's not my way

I probably could stop eating, that would free nice amount of money. I can't stop paying for my apartment tho, I need somewhere safe to keep my PCs, no?

edited: I also noticed that any videocard with more than 2GB VRAM is bloody expensive, like unreasonably expensive.

JaseC

Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

An Imp? A Fiend! -- MB-E5FF75B3923936D3 - Taken by Loptous
Shin Samurai Jazz -- MB-83ECC80CCBC33709 - Taken by rainking187
12 Labours of Hercules -- MB-59213BD95AD95B8A - Taken by Abomination

zkylon

zkylewd
just back form watching interstellar with friends

duno what the fuss was all about i thought it was pretty mediocre and inconsistent

ppl told me this was like space oddyssey? wtf

the fadt punk movie is much beter

Arthea

duno what the fuss was all about i thought it was pretty mediocre and inconsistent

finally! someone sees Interstellar for what it is besides me. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a bad movie, but all the hype around it, made me think it's awesome, it really isn't.

Was 12 Labours of Hercules in a bundle? It looks interesting

It was in some groupees bundle, don't remember in which one

I agree, it's a mediocre movie with a crappy "sentimental" ending, the movie is very well done but it's nothing special story wise with lots of inconsistencies.

Phinor

I've actually read more negative than positive comments about the movie especially in the past few weeks now that there's a Blu-ray copy out there.

Then again, all the message board negativity is ultimately pretty marginal compared to popular opinion. The Dark Knight Rises is #59 at IMDB, Interstellar sitting pretty at #22.

JaseC

I agree, it's a mediocre movie with a crappy "sentimental" ending, the movie is very well done but it's nothing special story wise with lots of inconsistencies.

I would have preferred Jonathan's ending, although I can understand some feeling as though it would have been a bit of a cop-out. Chris needs to learn to keep his corrective pen away from his brother's work.

Arthea

girls bundle is very disappointing, too little games and even those aren't what I asked for, I hope their secret game is great.
I need those expensive husbando games or at least one of those (><)

Deques

girls bundle is very disappointing, too little games and even those aren't what I asked for, I hope their secret game is great.
I need those expensive husbando games or at least one of those (><)

The groupees bundle? Yeah, it's disappointing, but I still bought for the Payday 2 dlc :p

zkylon

zkylewd
i just got back from party and its 7 am so cant explain atm but movie felt prety silly with like all the love and then sciency stuff and that guy from that 70s show and guy form third rokc from the sun and like matt damon made no sense and then he does and then not again and srs whats his problem

i feltlike the movie was a lot less ambitious that it made itself to look, its just an old sci fi movie we've all seen 1000 times before with simple themes and simple performances and not much noteworthy about it

well i gess i explained it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom