• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Figured it out now, I was using the custom amount thing but when I hit enter after changing it to $1.89 it would flick me to $10, and the default was telling me $2.89.

So, don't press enter after typing $1.89 lol. :\

zkylon

zkylewd
I did, just a few days ago, actually. Took me three hours to get all the achievements. It was very heavy-handed in its "Get it? It's about feminism! And hating on women is grounds for justifiable homicide!" But then it throws all this other stuff around you, like these minor characters and their love affairs. Why, exactly, should I care that someone who's been dead for centuries was cheating on someone else dead for centuries with a third party...also dead for centuries? And why was my client PAYING for this information?

The graphics were fine. And I liked the way they used the terminal interface. But the story made no sense to me. And if the story of a visual novel doesn't make sense...well then I suppose it's not a very good visual novel, is it?
that's uhhh, a very unfortunate way to look at it and prolly not the most conductive to real conversation, so not gonna bother answer your questions

they do have answers, very simple ones, even

My heart is breaking. I think the soundtrack really sells it though. I do think the twist is terrible, though.
i thought it was entertaining but it didn't provide me nothing that i hadn't seen in better movies about space/time travel/etc.

also i think it suffered from pretty unfortunate casting (what's with all the tv stars randomly dropped into minor characters), lots of confusing makeup and stuff for ppl supposedly being older and looking exactly the same, and some other general weirdness
was it necessary that cooper stole a spaceship in the last scene? couldn't he just told everyone about edmund's planet? why does matt damon have to kill cooper? can't he just admit his planet sucks and they all fly to edmund's?
. i'm not one to focus on plotholes or whatever, so it's more just the movie being inconsistent in how much fantasy and how much science it wants to be and my friends cringed at the love stuff which to me could've been interesting if pushed further instead of like mentioned twice in the whole movie

wasn't like insulting or anything, it had the inception american action pace that makes 3 hours go by like super quick, but if u seen like solyaris or 2001 or or planet of the apes or aguirre the wrath of god or even moon the one by david bowie's son. or whatever. there's just nothing new in this movie.

Enjoy :)
EDIT: Oops, i just saw what i did with the code. it seems i repeated it.If someone wins the game, i repeated the dlc code for Hilda, so PM me for the game code.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dio Brando, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Vanguard Princess Lilith -- MB-70A680B6CCE0CC49 - Taken by drakaenae
Vanguard Princess Hilda Rize -- MB-415D1E3689CE3E28 - Taken by Widdly Scuds
Vanguard Princess -- MB-415D1E3689CE3E28 - Taken by Widdly Scuds

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Vanguard Princess was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Momentary

Banned
Man. Freedom Planet AND Crimzon Clover in the same bundle? That's probably the best deal I've seen all year on a group of games. People who have even the most remote urge to play these games will be missing out not picking this up.

L.O.R.D

seeing how they made Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition as separate game on steam
i guess they gonna make Resident Evil 5 Gold edition as separate game as well
thats why they delete this
EAZsMbQ.png

Ruruja

My friend's been bugging me to get Freedom Planet for ages, so this is a welcome bundle.

Killer is Dead finally at 75%, guess now is as good a time as any to snap it up!

I love how Indie Gala triggers my credit card's fraud alert, but none of the random, often divey, places I went to while in New Orleans this weekend triggered.

Thanks, I guess?

Nabs

seeing how they made Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition as separate game on steam
i guess they gonna make Resident Evil 5 Gold edition as separate game as well
thats why they delete this
EAZsMbQ.png

Or they decided to wait until the patch was approved by Microsoft before putting that text back.

That's still a thing, right?

L.O.R.D

Or they decided to wait until the patch was approved by Microsoft before putting that text back.

That's still a thing, right?

then why they put it when RE5 sale ? alot of people including myself bought the game when i saw this on the store page

why remove it ?

So I picked up Far Cry 3 & 4 last week. Finished Far Cry 3 last night and starting on 4 today. Thing is, I am getting hardcore crazy flickering shadows and textures. Like to the point if I had epilepsy it would easily kill me.

I have Nvidia GTX 970's in SLI. All the drivers updated. I've tried everything. Changing resolutions and graphic settings. Changing shadows from soft to low. AA on and off and in between. Using the Nvidia Injector program and forcing SLI Frame buffering. Alt+Tab in and out of the game. It will sometimes go away, but after about 3 or four mins, it'll come back. Slowly at first, then get worse and worse over the next ten mins or so to the point where I can not play the games without blood wanting to shoot out of my eyeballs.

Did anyone else have this problem with 4? Anyone have any ideas because all I see on forums is "Update the drivers. FIXED!" Which doesn't help at all.

Grief.exe

So I picked up Far Cry 3 & 4 last week. Finished Far Cry 3 last night and starting on 4 today. Thing is, I am getting hardcore crazy flickering shadows and textures. Like to the point if I had epilepsy it would easily kill me.

I have Nvidia GTX 970's in SLI. All the drivers updated. I've tried everything. Changing resolutions and graphic settings. Changing shadows from soft to low. AA on and off and in between. Using the Nvidia Injector program and forcing SLI Frame buffering. Alt+Tab in and out of the game. It will sometimes go away, but after about 3 or four mins, it'll come back. Slowly at first, then get worse and worse over the next ten mins or so to the point where I can not play the games without blood wanting to shoot out of my eyeballs.

Did anyone else have this problem with 4? Anyone have any ideas because all I see on forums is "Update the drivers. FIXED!" Which doesn't help at all.

Have you tried turning off SLI?

that's uhhh, a very unfortunate way to look at it and prolly not the most conductive to real conversation,

There's another way to look at it? It's like talking about District 9 as a story about apartheid and being told "That's an unfortunate way to look at it." Seriously, if I interpreted it wrongly, then all I can say is that the game must be even WORSE than I realized because it couldn't even convey what I thought was an obvious message properly.

dex3108

It is known issue with SLI.

Xeroblade

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Xeroblade, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

BANZAI PECAN: The Last Hope For the Young Century -- MB-0DBCBB4B9B9E1B18 - Taken by Benedict
Sword of Asumi -- MB-2EF21EA71027F5B9 - Taken by sensoft04
Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION Deluxe Edition -- MB-0BA731C465CD5462 - Taken by TheLight

Already have crimzon clover and only wanted freedom planet and princess.

Have you tried turning off SLI?

No I haven't. If that fixes the issue, I'll be pissed. What the hell is the point of having SLI if I can't use the cards at all and have to turn it off? It's been over 4 months since this game came out, this shouldn't be an issue. Glad I only paid $10 for it.

But I'll try that and see if it works.

Bigby

It didn't take long:

I am writing this message as an apology to our fans who have given us great reviews about their experience using WTFast. We are unable to give you a free month as we promised. Valve has told us that we cannot offer free WTFast premium time in exchange for reviews.

Link

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It didn't take long:

Link

Yeah that whole situation is really the epitome of WTF.

Even more hilarious since they posted it as an "announcement" so one of the first things people see on the Store page is "An apology to our fans! No Free time.".

Yeah that whole situation is really the epitome of WTF.

Even more hilarious since they posted it as an "announcement" so one of the first things people see on the Store page is "An apology to our fans! No Free time.".

Can you edit a review to change it from "thumbs up" to "thumbs down", or at least delete your review and resubmit it?

Anyone know if you still need to be on the beta branch of Dark Souls or is it all fixed now with the GFWL removal?

Not that I'm about to get back into it right now - my controller is currently unavailable.

Fotonica on sale for $1.99 is a pretty good buy. It's super-shallow, and you can beat it pretty quick, but the vector art - first person - jump runner thing is actually good fun.

Also, Qvadriga for $10 is awesome too. I played a *ton* of it before it was even on Steam; it's basically 1/2 chariot-team management sim, and 1/2 simultaneous turn-based chariot race simulator. It's super, ultra ugly, but it's tremendously fun.

Edit: also, Savant:Ascent is short and fun and worth a buck.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anyone know if you still need to be on the beta branch of Dark Souls or is it all fixed now with the GFWL removal?

Not that I'm about to get back into it right now - my controller is currently unavailable.

You don't need to be opted into the beta any more, but you gain nothing by switching back to the public build since they're exactly the same.

zychi

Banned
What's the difference between RE:R2 for $40 and RE:R2 season pass for $25? Both say they include episodes 1-4. Why are there two things? Wouldn't it be smarter to buy episode 1 + the season pass for ~$30 instead of the $40 package?

Capcom why you gotta be so stupid?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What's the difference between RE:R2 for $40 and RE:R2 season pass for $25? Both say they include episodes 1-4. Why are there two things? Wouldn't it be smarter to buy episode 1 + the season pass for ~$30 instead of the $40 package?

Capcom why you gotta be so stupid?

The "box set" includes a few extras:

Includes Episodes 1-4, both Extra Episodes, costumes for Claire, Moira, Natalia, and Barry, plus Hunk and Wesker in RAID MODE and the RAID MODE Stage Pack.

The Season Pass, on the other hand, just includes what I didn't embolden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom