• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

speaking about digital future
i am thinking about getting a really big external hard drive
install every game on my PC , then make a Back up for all the games to that drive

Just a heads up - I have my 3TB internal drive completely filled out by games, and still had to keep at least 20-50 10+GB ones unistalled.

milena87

How are the books, quality wise?

They're very good. The first 2 books are short stories, but some of them are connected and serve as introduction for later characters and events.

The rest of the books are even better, but they're still being translated in most languages. I'm still missing the last one in italian, but it should come out next year.

I'd recommend reading the books, especially if you like the setting.
Also, TW3 might possibly make a lot of references to what already happened in the books, considering that they cover exactly what The Wild Hunt is and wants and what was Geralt's, Yennefer's, Emhyr's and Ciri's role in the story.

Anyway, we all know that our top 3 for GOTY 2015 will be The Witcher 3, Pillars of Eternity and Life Is Strange. Possibly in this order :p

Parsnip

Finished Hotline Miami yesterday.

The soundtrack is pretty great (most of the time).
But I'm not sure about the rest.
Maybe I don't "get it"?

L.O.R.D

And Pokemon Minimon is out on early access.

Includes 1 Steam Achievements

5ff4a8347c9e7177d0cf7dfc2ec592b1cc5d6b91.jpg

i guess that Achievement is buying the game ?

dex3108

So for the assassins creed fans here do you even care about the future stuff? Or would you be fine with each game just being set in their historical pieces and nothing else.

No i would love to see bigger present part in future games. I really loved whole mystery thing in present parts and especially real time present stuff on old AC Initiates. Reading emails and talking with friendly NPCs was way better than what they did in ACU.

Jawmuncher

They're very good. The first 2 books are short stories, but some of them are connected and serve as introduction for later characters and events.

The rest of the books are even better, but they're still being translated in most languages. I'm still missing the last one in italian, but it should come out next year.

I'd recommend reading the books, especially if you like the setting.
Also, TW3 might possibly make a lot of references to what already happened in the books, considering that they cover exactly what The Wild Hunt is and wants and what was Geralt's, Yennefer's, Emhyr's and Ciri's role in the story.

Anyway, we all know that our top 3 for GOTY 2015 will be The Witcher 3, Pillars of Eternity and Life Is Strange. Possibly in this order :p

I've read the last wish, blood of elves, and the time of contempt (since the 2nd set of short stories hasn't been officially translated in English ). I did enjoy my time with them but I already forgot all about them. But that's a personal issue with my reading style. Honesty I'm still pretty lost on everything in the Witcher universe aside from the characters themselves.

Jawmuncher

Well, because the story is still going. Excluding short stories, basically the plot is all about
Ciri, what she can become and her relationship with the Savage Hunt, or whatever is called in english. On italian books 1-5 there's really nothing more than this, with this huge separation between the faction of mages, splitting in two branches with a "feminist" one, and the empire, aiming to erase mages from all state's facts.

ahhh so the books push more onto Ciri. I figured that might be the case after time of contempt. Not sure if I'll get to all the translated by the time 3 is out but I still plan on reading them all regardless at some point.

milena87

Milena, a book was released this year, dunno if you bought it, "La torre della rondine", out in February.
I'm looking for this to my local library, still no copies to borrow.
Anyway I really liked first three books, book 4 only a half, because I find there is too much chitchat and basically nothing happen. Book 5 seems like a giant filler, with one or two major events in 500 pages of nothing.
I prefer short stories books :(

Yep, bought and read it, now we're only missing "Lady of the Lake", the seventh book of the Saga.

I love the fact that they're so different from usual fantasy novels. And I just love the characters, even the one introduced in later books.
So I'm pretty excited for TW3, with Ciri, Yennefer and Emperor Emhyr finally having a part in this story.

I've read the last wish, blood of elves, and the time of contempt (since the 2nd set of short stories hasn't been officially translated in English ). I did enjoy my time with them but I already forgot all about them. But that's a personal issue with my reading style. Honesty I'm still pretty lost on everything in the Witcher universe aside from the characters themselves.

I admit that they aren't the easiest books to follow. So many characters introduced, all with their own agendas... it takes a bit of time for it all to make sense.

Are we forgetting MGS V? :D

Not forgotten. Left out on purpose :p

I never care for the series, so I might not be the best judge ahah

Arthea

Massive amount of microscopic spiders are living in your facial pores
it's scary if you are zky, if you've seen our world through stronger microscope at least once, nothing can scare you anymore.
also spiders are cool in my book and useful somewhat even ;)

after all this talk I feel like I should read Witcher books, it just I don't think these are my kind of books.

Knurek

Yep, bought and read it, now we're only missing "Lady of the Lake", the seventh book of the Saga.

There's going to be some teeth gnashing once you'll get to the ending.
Some serious teeth gnashing, especially if you care for... just about any character from previous books.

Arthea, what books do you like?
The first two books (short stories collections) are fun if you're into lighter fantasy (like Discworld). Might be a good idea to start there.

Arthea

I'm more annoyed that you all forget Trails SC, MGS can care for itself nicely, if past is anything to judge by
well, maybe not without Koji, future will show

Ubisoft has kinda shat the bed with the AC series post AC3 now that the present-day stuff is basically garbage. It was what they had used previously to keep the games narratively tied together, and while ACIV does kinda reference past events and include a couple of characters in it it also basically did damn near nothing to move that story forward. Playing ACLib now, AFAIK that game features almost nothing in the present day, either. I haven't touched Rogue or Unity but I think i can safely assume that the series has basically been spinning its wheels since the events at the end of AC3 and, because the present day stuff essentially drove the historical setpieces and helped lend them a sense of urgency and import, now that they seems to have no motion on that end it makes the main bulk of the game really feel like busywork.

They should just give it a few years off and maybe come up with something new for the present day storyline so that people care a bit more about the series especially since Watch Dogs was a narrative piece of fucking garbage so it doesn't even fill that gap in any way. but maybe i'm one of those weirdos that actually enjoyed the present day stuff before the end of AC3 and i'm simply an outlier.

Arthea

There's going to be some teeth gnashing once you'll get to the ending.
Some serious teeth gnashing, especially if you care for... just about any character from previous books.

Arthea, what books do you like?
The first two books (short stories collections) are fun if you're into lighter fantasy (like Discworld). Might be a good idea to start there.

truth to be told I hate Discworld, find it really boring and not funny enough to stick with it. I never liked any dark fantasy or gothic book I tried to read either.
I do like a lot of things, I like Lem's books for example. ;)
As for fantasy, there are some I like more or less, Brandon Sanderson for example is my fantasy man, I like his "systems" and worlds also he can be funny, I can read GRRM, even if I don't think he writes fantasy.

derExperte

Nah, I always enjoyed the modern day parts of the early ACs when you didn't know what was going on. Endless possibilities and mysteries, a nice change of pace and scenery. Then they killed
Kristen Bell
, started trying to explain too much and never really recovered.

at least you get to play Peggle 2, while I will wait forever, it would seem
so so jelly

It's becoming more and more unlikely that PC is getting Peggle 2. Those fools, I would probably even double dip despite all the complaining.

truth to be told I hate Discworld, find it really boring and not funny enough to stick with it. I never liked any dark fantasy or gothic book I tried to read either.
I do like a lot of things, I like Lem's books for example. ;)
As for fantasy, there are some I like more or less, Brandon Sanderson for example is my fantasy man, I like his "systems" and worlds also he can be funny, I can read GRRM, even if I don't think he writes fantasy.

Books for Arthea
How can you not like Discworld? >_<

Well, because the story is still going. Excluding short stories, basically the plot is all about
Ciri, what she can become and her relationship with the Savage Hunt, or whatever is called in english. On italian books 1-5 there's really nothing more than this, with this huge separation between the faction of mages, splitting in two branches with a "feminist" one, and the empire, aiming to erase mages from all state's facts.
Wild hunt, duh. It's in the third game's title.

EA Infects Battlefield Hardline with new ghastly DRM

EA gonna EA

well, at least now we know why GTA V was delayed ... they must've found out about that one and needed some more time to add it to the game on top of 57 other DRM schemes they already implemented ;)
I didn't even know there's a way for those clients to check so much.

Locking you out makes no sense though. It is PC.

What are they expecting? People to roll with '12 hardware for the rest of EA's life?

Parsnip

Support for forcing either gamepad or mouse & keyboard control mode.
Fixed a bug that caused corrupted save games (e.g. stuck behind a re-locked door).
These two were the bugs I encountered, so now that they are fixed, I highly recommend Oceanhorn without reservations.

So for the assassins creed fans here do you even care about the future stuff? Or would you be fine with each game just being set in their historical pieces and nothing else.
I cared, until they fucked everything up at the end of AssBro, it was downhill from there.
AssFlags stuff was a step in the right direction again, and then Unity just fucked it up again.
It's almost like they lost their creative lead after AC2 and have no singular vision for the series.

Arthea

Lem is on a completely different level than just about any other writer... Maybe with the exception of Vonnegut and Stephenson.
Sapkowski is a hack compared to Lem.

here we are in agreement, about Lem being a great and exceptional writer.
I still want my game staring Ijon Tichy and his adventures.

btw have you seen The Congress? I'm sure Lem wouldn't be happy about it (><)

Knurek

here we are in agreement, about Lem being a great and exceptional writer.
I still want my game staring Ijon Tichy and his adventures.

It still boggles my mind that someone was insane enough to try and translate Lem.
Not sure how much you guys are missing, but you're definitely missing a lot.
Also Trurl + Klapaucjusz > Ijon Tichy.

&#8220;Certainly not! I didn't build a machine to solve ridiculous crossword puzzles! That's hack work, not Great Art! Just give it a topic, any topic, as difficult as you like..."
Klapaucius thought, and thought some more. Finally he nodded and said:
"Very well. Let's have a love poem, lyrical, pastoral, and expressed in the language of pure mathematics. Tensor algebra mainly, with a little topology and higher calculus, if need be. But with feeling, you understand, and in the cybernetic spirit."
"Love and tensor algebra?" Have you taken leave of your senses?" Trurl began, but stopped, for his electronic bard was already declaiming:

Come, let us hasten to a higher plane,
Where dyads tread the fairy fields of Venn,
Their indices bedecked from one to n,
Commingled in an endless Markov chain!

Come, every frustum longs to be a cone,
And every vector dreams of matrices.
Hark to the gentle gradient of the breeze:
It whispers of a more ergodic zone.

In Reimann, Hilbert or in Banach space
Let superscripts and subscripts go their ways.
Our asymptotes no longer out of phase,
We shall encounter, counting, face to face.

I'll grant thee random access to my heart,
Thou'lt tell me all the constants of thy love;
And so we two shall all love's lemmas prove,
And in bound partition never part.

For what did Cauchy know, or Christoffel,
Or Fourier, or any Boole or Euler,
Wielding their compasses, their pens and rulers,
Of thy supernal sinusoidal spell?

Cancel me not--for what then shall remain?
Abscissas, some mantissas, modules, modes,
A root or two, a torus and a node:
The inverse of my verse, a null domain.

Ellipse of bliss, converge, O lips divine!
The product of our scalars is defined!
Cyberiad draws nigh, and the skew mind
Cuts capers like a happy haversine.

I see the eigenvalue in thine eye,
I hear the tender tensor in thy sigh.
Bernoulli would have been content to die,
Had he but known such a^2 cos 2 phi!&#8221;

I didn't even know there's a way for those clients to check so much.

Locking you out makes no sense though. It is PC.

What are they expecting? People to roll with '12 hardware for the rest of EA's life?
"Too many PCs used this game recently.", so maybe it's like regenerating health. There are already games like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom