• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

So there is 0.25$ reward on Playfire for playing Bully for an hour and i can't get that fn game to run on my PC. :( It says that game needs DX9 soundcard.

Arthea

What do you consider absolute minimum of RAM these days, people? 8, 12, 16? with win 8 and 10 in mind.

To artificially raise the card prices, by arranging less availability of the cards
maybe?

if that's their reason, it isn't working, cards that take forever to drop are as cheap as those that drop in minutes.

Milamber

Try and figure out how to get the UK tv channel Dave over your way. Yes we have a tv channel called Dave and it has nigh constant repeats of Top Gear.

He'll be on ITV, Sky or a streaming service like Netflicks with a new motoring show in months.
I got no problems with the old seasons. It's just that the knowledge of never seeing a new season with the old crew ever again that gets me.

I hope so.

HwgJy0w.gif

Someone played Watchdogs here?
Is it normal the game is all blurred?
I'm on Ultra, all seems running fine, but when I have shooting section I can't literally see 1 meter above me because it's blurred.
I remember reading that one specific antialiasing mode caused that, but i'm not sure which one. could you post a screenshot?

DocSeuss

Bummed I missed out on RE5. Oh well, not like I have money anyways. Bro's boss hasn't paid him, and now she's refusing to give him a note to say he's working for her so we can keep getting food stamps. It's as simple as "I haven't paid him yet, but he works X hours a week for $Y amount of pay." I think maybe she's trying to avoid documenting things so she doesn't have to pay him--she's just stringing him along on the promises of payment.

Knurek

What do you consider absolute minimum of RAM these days, people? 8, 12, 16? with win 8 and 10 in mind.

I have 8 GB (Win 7 no Aero though), only time so far I had to close my browser to free up some RAM was while playing COD:AW.

Just buy a 8 GB stick and a few months later upgrade to 16, is what I'd suggest.

Kifimbo

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Samaritan Paradox -- MB-535CD869E2C18CFE - Taken by 7Sins
Hero of the Kingdom -- MB-E79FF4EB2183CA84 - Taken by Baron_Calamity

Arthea

I have 8 GB (Win 7 no Aero though), only time so far I had to close my browser to free up some RAM was while playing COD:AW.

Just buy a 8 GB stick and a few months later upgrade to 16, is what I'd suggest.

I'm actually trying to buy me new PC before euro dropped even more and I can't afford any, my funds are very limited, I won't even be getting 980 that I planned initially
life is unfair and all that stuff

edited: also look for euro to raise like crazy after I buy my new PC
Oh and this time I will be more careful with those unoptimised games, I swear! (><)
I will monitor those temperatures, I really will, you kindly remind me I said so, if I'll start slacking again

Knurek

I'm actually trying to buy me new PC before euro dropped even more and I can't afford any, my funds are very limited, I won't even be getting 980 that I planned initially
life is unfair and all that stuff

Why would you want a 980, what do you plan to use it on?
Downsampling TitS 2nd from 19200x10800 won't make it look any better, you know that?

Apparently there was a dollar Resident Evil pack? Any ideas on its current price?

Missed it due to school stuff.
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Caster's sale price (~0.11usd) almost matched the dead bits sale price (~0.10usd) here before. Hope it's a fun game though, dead bits was really mediocre for me.

Jawmuncher

So for the assassins creed fans here do you even care about the future stuff? Or would you be fine with each game just being set in their historical pieces and nothing else.

Deques

Nope no matter what i do i can't get Bully to work. F R* and their broken games.

If you are just wanting the Playfire reward and not planning to play the game then use the steam app id trick or SAM like I suggested earlier. I am using SAM right now to idle the game time :)

Anyone know if the extra gift copy of Heavy Bullets you get when claiming the game is region-free? Read on reddit that it's restricted to whatever region you activated the original key but would like a more concrete answer from someone firsthand.

Tizoc

So for the assassins creed fans here do you even care about the future stuff? Or would you be fine with each game just being set in their historical pieces and nothing else.

While not a huge fan, I'm all for the latter, the future stuff doesn't matter to me at all.

dex3108

If you are just wanting the Playfire reward and not planning to play the game then use the steam app id trick or SAM like I suggested earlier. I am using SAM right now to idle the game time :)

I wanted to play that game but no R* PC port is as usual broken.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The future stuff has been garbage from the start. It was best in Unity where it was so close to not existing. I hope they continue down that path. I don't need justification for hopping around different time periods.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

I actually cared about the meta-plot until Ass Creed 3 shit all over it via Deus Ex Machina plotholes in the ending hand-waving away... 5(?) years of investment in the series. I've only played Ass Creed 4/Black Flag since then, but the plotline there wasn't too bad because it wasn't hyping up some world shattering thing but a behind-the-scenes look at Abstergo which is something they started in Ass Creed 3 with the Templars so I'm kinda curious about that in Unity and Rogue (not getting those just yet, maybe in the Summer?)

Knurek

very funny

Witcher is coming, haven't you heard?!

Will prolly play well on my 750 TI.
If not, will prolly play well on my future 1250 TI, which will be as fast as 980 and cost €150.
We all have backlogs large enough not to waste money on frivolous hardware purchases...

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
The Witcher 3, new info!

New information:

Gameplay

• There are 4 difficulties (easy, medium, hard and dark) which differ in the skill of the monsters you face. Hitpoints remain the same.
  • You can bargain for more money after finishing your monster contract through some sort of minigame.
  • The side quests are extremely well made with great writing and branching.
  • Potions are a necessity on higher difficulty levels. You only need to craft a potion once and you can refill it if you have enough alcohol present. Potions are upgradeable for stronger effects. Stronger potions will increase your toxicity more
  • Novigrad and No Man's Land are indeed one single map, much bigger than Skyrim. The isles of Skellige form the other big part of the game. Next to that, there are 5-6 other separated locations, including Kaer Morhen.
  • No enemy respawning or at the least not very frequently
  • Best items in the game must be crafted
  • They were very impressed with the story branching and how it is not always obvious. Correcting 'wrong' choices by saving/reloading will be very difficult if not impossible.
  • Contrary to BioWare games dialogue options are not good or bad, this you will have to figure out for yourselves.
  • They really liked the in-game card game Gwent, praising its design.
  • The game features two really big cities: Novigrad and Oxenfurt, both very lively.
  • The are of No Man's Land features 25 smaller towns, some of which are the size of Flotsam from The Witcher 2.
  • Geralt can rob people, although the system is too easy and feels a bit lacking.
  • Journalist (level 7) was one shotted by a wyvern (level 24). No level scaling.
  • Ciri sequences will be (in total) 5-10h and feel more like an action-adventure game than an RPG
  • Extra storage can be made by crafting saddle bags for your horse.
  • Many small details such as Roach stopping to eat apples from a basket
  • All equipped items are visible in-game on Geralt
  • Fist-fighting is back, this time no QTE
  • World never felt empty
  • Journalist didn't encounter any simple fetch quests

Technical

• The HUD is fully customizable. Icons and quest markers on the map can also be deactivated. Audiovisual hints (e.g. people screaming for help) will be present if you wish to do so.
  • Journalist encountered no clone NPC's
  • Controller feels superior to keyboard+mouse.
  • The extremely annoying doors from The Witcher 2 are gone. Doors are now opened automatically, no button pressing. No loading times for entering buildings either.
  • Day 1 patch confirmed
  • Xbox One resolution will stay at 900p
  • Geralts beard will grow over time
  • Switching between controller and mouse (for menu's) is easy and fluid
  • Most impressive dynamic weather system in any game he has ever played
  • They encountered very few bugs, no crashes of freezes.
  • Ultra seems to have a big effect on the quality of vegetation and character models (No slider for LOD)
  • Visual gore more prominent than in The Witcher 2

Arthea

Will prolly play well on my 750 TI.
If not, will prolly play well on my future 1250 TI, which will be as fast as 980 and cost €150.
We all have backlogs large enough not to waste money on frivolous hardware purchases...

well, if I didn't almost fried my new PC on several occasions, several being a lot (><)
I wouldn't be buying new one, I have nobody to blame but my laziness on this one.
it's not frivolous purchase!
not to mention that I got video card that seems to be very prone to overheating, just my luck and a lot of games being high temperature happy lately...

Witcher is coming, haven't you heard?!

This got me googling. For those interested, the next book in Geralt's saga (Sword of Destiny) is getting its English translation release alongside the game's release.

And the rights of the last two are secured and supposed to be getting releases across the next 2 years.

dex3108

The Witcher 3, new info!

Well based on this interview and translation from Witcher forums PC gamers will be disappointed if this is true.

Well, here goes nothing. Most of these stuff are rather redundant but here is a rough translation of the answers, just to clear any doubts.

• No DX12 support yet, they will think about it once it's publicly available.
  • No Hairworks on consoles. Even on PC, it requires strong hardware (duh), but they have their own – less performance-heavy – technology.
  • Creating a huge world without loading screens was the biggest challenge, it took years of work, but it was definitely worth it.
  • The chance of lowering the system requirements until release is next to none. They do the best they can when it comes to optimization.
  • The engine has native Xinput support, meaning it will fully support Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers, they're working on PS4 controller support as well. (This answer could be a bit more elaborate, I'm not sure what to make of it)
  • Optimization on consoles is easier because of the fixed hardware, but it's not always an advantage (no specifics on what he means by this)
  • Draw distance is a problem in most games, and the solution is always the same. Bigger assets can be seen from further away, while smaller ones disappear earlier. This is mainly the graphic designers' responsility, but programmers and technical artists help them as well.
  • Aside from Hairworks, the PC version shouldn't look significantly better. They were trying to do their best on every platform, so that they deliver the same quality visually. (meh)
  • They use an in-house Temporal Anti-Aliasing technology, which they're very proud of.
  • The Engine has been overhauled greatly (compared to RedEngine 2), now they have Physically Based Shading, new AA, the ability to morph models together, entirely new texture loading mechanism, improved post effects, new terrain and foliage rendering and more.
  • No floods or avalanches.
  • Not necessarily because of the consoles, but some compromises have been made (visually), but they've come really close to what they had wanted to achieve 3 years ago.
  • There will be loading screens only when loading your saved game or when 'teleporting' to other regions in the game, but it will be fully open otherwise.
  • No other cities as big as Novigrad, but there are a couple of smaller ones. (so what?)
  • There won't be a demo or beta version, there will be Hungarian subtitles

Arthea

I liked that their singleout Hungarian subtitles.
This will be my new joke, I have this feeling

This got me googling. For those interested, the next book in Geralt's saga (Sword of Destiny) is getting its English translation release alongside the game's release.

And the rights of the last two are secured and supposed to be getting releases across the next 2 years.

wait... you had to google this particular image or that witcher is coming?
both are mindblowing to consider (><)

wait... you had to google this particular image or that witcher is coming?
both are mindblowing to consider (><)

The release date of the book. I plowed through the ones that are currently translated over last holiday season, and never went with the fan translations.

Your image reminded me to check up on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom