• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSPssp

I wish I didn't read that. I didn't know they're related to spiders and that they lay their eggs on my face. I'm just glad I don't have rosacea and only have eczema around my eyes that hasn't flared up in years.

It helps that I'm not in the north anymore where its cold and dry and turning on the heat causes flare-ups. Of course dry conditions hurt mites. I wonder what's better for them, flare-ups of skin conditions or humidity?

Played some Bloodborne last night. It's pretty much Dark Souls with a few tweaks. Felt good to get into the game and be immediately familiar with the controls and overall gameplay.

Played some Bloodborne last night. It's pretty much Dark Souls with a few tweaks. Felt good to get into the game and be immediately familiar with the controls and overall gameplay.
Damn, you guys are making me jelly... have fun yo!
No, this is a shit game that is good.

AssCreed is a shit game that is shit.

More like the shit.
I was always intrigued by the free-run in AssCreed games. Only game similar to that I ever played was Mirror's Edge but as someone who is also fascinated by historical settings, AssCreed feels more interesting.

I watched gameplay videos and instantly recognized places I physically visited way back in Rome and Venice. The attention to detail is staggering. I could actually tell by seeing the prison in a video where the vatican is etc. Goes for three locations. Really great worlds have been created by Ubi.

I also know it is hip to shit on AssCreed - among other games - but I still am interested by that series. There's not only much but really nothing like it elsewhere.

Turfster

I was always intrigued my the free-run in AssCreed games. Only game similar to that I ever played was Mirror's Edge but as someone who is also fascinated by historical settings, AssCreed feels more interesting.

The free running in AssCreed is hindered by the controls.
You need to let the game do its thing and just hold the button, every time you try to "jump" yourself, it'll fuck up.

And most of the AssCrud shitting isn't so much the free-running as the mission design and 'combat'.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You need to let the game do its thing and just hold the button, every time you try to "jump" yourself, it'll fuck up.

Those who prefer the free-running system that debuted in 3 to Unity's less hand-holdy controls are... well... not crazy, but definitely not normal. ;)

Khronico

Pretty much every Assassins Creed I've played is a mess to control (I've played every creed game up to black flag not counting liberation or 3). I was playing Revelaitons recently and trying to anything other than freerunning in a straight line was nigh impossible.

Turfster

Those who prefer the free-running system that debuted in 3 to Unity's less hand-holdy controls are... well... not crazy, but definitely not normal. ;)

I vaguely remember 2 being much more user-interactive.
Most of the times something goes wrong in 4, it's when my brain goes OKAY WE JUMP HERE NOW PRESS BUTAN and the game is "oh well fuck you you won't let me do my thing now plummet to your death"
It's... annoying.

JaseC

Damn, you guys are making me jelly... have fun yo!

I'd hoped to buy it myself yesterday, but, surprise-surprise, my semi-local Target store didn't have it. I'll try again later today as I have to head into town anyway.

I vaguely remember 2 being much more user-interactive.
Most of the times something goes wrong in 4, it's when my brain goes OKAY WE JUMP HERE NOW PRESS BUTAN and the game is "oh well fuck you you won't let me do my thing now plummet to your death"
It's... annoying.

It's almost impossible to accidentally jump to your death in Unity thanks to the fast descent system (which actually is almost on par to just leaping to your death in terms of being the fastest way to reach the ground). The only times I did so myself were when I fast-travelled to a viewpoint and the game didn't want to play the cart dive animation.

I'd hoped to buy it myself yesterday, but, surprise-surprise, my semi-local Target store didn't have it. I'll try again later today as I have to head into town anyway.
Oh, sorry to hear. I remember you saying that yesterday.
Isn't it already past midnight at your place? Are your stores 24/7 open?

donny2112

I had a dream that I bought AC:Rogue for $30 on Steam and immediately regretted it because it wasn't below $20 nor was it during the Summer Sale.

Don't know where that came from. Have to play AC4 before even considering Rogue. :lol

iosefe

guys...i'm at an impasse

D:OS is getting update which means i need to restart. should i continue my current save or try and kill all i can then delete?

MUnited83

For you.

JaseC

Oh, sorry to hear. I remember you saying that yesterday.
Isn't it already past midnight at your place? Are your stores 24/7 open?

Yeah, it's 1am now and retail stores can't operate past 9pm in WA (although pretty much if not literally all of them around here only stay open 'til 9 on Thursdays).

I had a dream that I bought AC:Rogue for $30 on Steam and immediately regretted it because it wasn't below $20 nor was it during the Summer Sale.

Don't know where that came from. Have to play AC4 before even considering Rogue. :lol

I dreamt the other day that I was playing Oceanhorn. I've yet to play it, but I do have it installed.

SSPssp

It will last 24 hours, you will not miss it :p

All Stars Bundle

Magicka
Tropico 4 Steam Special Edition
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword
System Shock 2
Prime World: Defenders
To The Moon
Deponia

A nice bundle but I own every single game on it :p

Yeah, I'm only missing one. I thought they were serious about having to be quick and I was actually excited for a second when I saw the announcement over steam.

Khronico

I also know it is hip to shit on AssCreed - among other games - but I still am interested by that series. There's not only much but really nothing like it elsewhere.

I enjoy the series as a whole, but... it has it's issues (finicky controls, content bloat, brain dead combat, uninteresting mission design for the most part).

I really wish they would've actually done more with the concept of an open world assassination game. I would've loved to track down my target in a city, take time to choose my weapons and angle of attack, maybe even throw on a disguise, and then execute my plan.

Basically I want an open world Hitman game.

Jawmuncher

Following the huge successes of the number 1 Steam top selling epic SRPG, Agarest: Generations of War and its prequel Agarest: Generations of War ZERO, Ghostlight are proud to release the massively updated sequel to the series, Agarest: Generations Of War 2!

Love this description considering they're pretty unopposed.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It will last 24 hours, you will not miss it :p

All Stars Bundle

Magicka
Tropico 4 Steam Special Edition
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword
System Shock 2
Prime World: Defenders
To The Moon
Deponia

A nice bundle but I own every single game on it :p

Honestly, if someone is new to PC gaming, this is probably the single best bundle I've ever seen.

... of course if someone's been PC gaming for a while, they probably have most or all of this. So there's that.

But still, for noobs, this is the bomb.

louiedog

When companies like Devolver were revoking keys from g2a and the like people were asking, "but how do I know where it's safe to buy from?"

Devolver now has an approved vendor list. This is a good step, but I imagine people who don't know any better won't manage to stumble on this to help anyway. At least we can link it when people ask if a store is safe.

I enjoy the series as a whole, but... it has it's issues (finicky controls, content bloat, brain dead combat, uninteresting mission design for the most part).

I really wish they would've actually done more with the concept of an open world assassination game. I would've loved to track down my target in a city, take time to choose my weapons and angle of attack, maybe even throw on a disguise, and then execute my plan.

Basically I want an open world Hitman game.

Too bad they killed Hitman with Absolution and I'm not sure if IO wants to bring him back.

Khronico

2 dollars is a very good price for Clear Sky and To The Moon.

Fire and Sword is an interesting twist on the Mount and Blade formula but it's nowhere near as good as Warband.

Y'all get this bundle, it's pretty good.

Too bad they killed Hitman with Absolution and I'm not sure if IO wants to bring him back.

UGH don't remind me.

Absolution was hot garbage.

louiedog

Don't try to bring rationality into here! Most spiders are super-bros but the internet has decided to make them the antitheses of bacon and sriracha.

What's with that? I feel like every two hours I find a tweet, forum comment, reddit post, etc. from someone who can't wait to tell the world how afraid of a harmless spider they are.

Toughen up, Internet.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
When companies like Devolver were revoking keys from g2a and the like people were asking, "but how do I know where it's safe to buy from?"

Devolver now has an approved vendor list. This is a good step, but I imagine people who don't know any better won't manage to stumble on this to help anyway. At least we can link it when people ask if a store is safe.

Yeah, I feel like this is more useful as a CYA move to tell disgruntled customers buyer beware than it is as an actual tool. I think people buying keys off sketchy Russian websites sort of intuitively know they're getting away with something and it definitely hits the "too good to be true" button, but I guess it so rarely backfires that people get increasingly confident until it does, and then they get angry.

Personally I'm coming up on 2000 games on Steam and in total I've purchased I believe 2 removed-from-Steam games from Nuuvem and traded to get a copy of Deadpool from a South Korean trader after it was removed. And I've gifted maybe a half-dozen games to European friends who paid me back afterwards. Besides that, I haven't exploited regional pricing issues at all. I pay <$1 per game on average, I play most stuff pretty near to release, and I play pretty much everything I want. Taking a risk to jump the gun on savings that will come if you just wait to the next major sale, to me, is a bit of a fool's errand.

To The Moon is a game i can't even recommend to those who like games with little gameplay and heavy emphasis on storytelling because the story it tells is some high school level dribble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom