• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When companies like Devolver were revoking keys from g2a and the like people were asking, "but how do I know where it's safe to buy from?"

Devolver now has an approved vendor list. This is a good step, but I imagine people who don't know any better won't manage to stumble on this to help anyway. At least we can link it when people ask if a store is safe.

You'll just have people complaining later, "but ***** wasn't on an unapproved vendor list! They shouldn't punish the customer."

To The Moon is a game i can't even recommend to those who like games with little gameplay and heavy emphasis on storytelling because the story it tells is some high school level dribble.
To The Moon has some real sharp writing. In spite of how short it is, it manages to define its characters better than a lot of games and tell a rather moving story to boot. If you've ever questioned why RPG Maker exists, To The Moon is your answer.

Gone Home is pretty awesome, too.

To The Moon is a game i can't even recommend to those who like games with little gameplay and heavy emphasis on storytelling because the story it tells is some high school level dribble.

ehhh its not that bad

its not like super amazing life changing or anything

its a fun little hour and a half or whatever

its like a made for cable movie kind of in game form

Maniac

Banned
Saved Starbreeze from what looked like certain death. Now, wonder if Starbreeze is looking at this and saying "well, let's not even bother with strong single player games anymore. there's no money in that."

essentially, starbreeze is going to valve it.

To be fair, Starbreeze is already quite dead already. I'm not at all confident they have any competent staff left, be it for singleplayer or multiplayer. Seemingly every important individual moved to Machine Games. :p
I didn't even know there's a way for those clients to check so much.

Locking you out makes no sense though. It is PC.

What are they expecting? People to roll with '12 hardware for the rest of EA's life?

To be fair, Origin started out by being literal spyware when it was newly released. For several months it monitored and noted every single god damn file on your system. Not sure what anyone is expecting from EA, really. They're incompetent tosspots that don't really know the gaming "space"
And people say EA is doing good being competition for Valve.

Well, they certainly are! Atleast if you're the type of person that doesn't want competition :p

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Hey, Donkey Dicks. Feeding time.
Thanks for reminding me that Parks and Rec is done, jerk ;_;

hahahaha, that's brilliant!

Jeremy has been let go from Top Gear, now it is officially official. What am I gonna do with my life now?
What???
Nooooooooooo
Worst news of the day :((((

Sorry, I want to post this:

Guess what game is missing...
Well, to be fair, GoW3 was never available digitally.
I also already own 1 & 2 HD thanks to that timed trial snafu a while ago

Yup, now that game has ADDED VALUE.
Even if you can purchase it boxed for less than 10€ everywhere.
But does that boxed copy work on a PS4?
These kind of Remasters suck

Tizoc has a Wii U? who else on SteamGAF has a Wii U ?

no one is wii u friends w/ me except for a couple ppl on here
I'm going to get one eventually, the problem is that it's too expensive here, amazon does't sell it themselves, and even if I'm travelling somewhat frequently to the EU I can't get one from there thanks to region locking (my NNID account is US based)

sadly , i know where this com from

i'm gonna start stabbing my face with toothpicks now thanks
Don't do that D:

More like the shit.
*crickets*

They're all too long and quite boring, correct?

Why am I even asking when PoE's release is tomorrow?
Just get it for the animu cards like we all did.

I can safely recommend this bundle based solely on it's inclusion of Prime World: Defenders
What a weird way to spell System Shock 2!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

If only we could get a team of racially pure Japanese animators to adapt this:

HAzcZxE.jpg

Then maybe these kids will finally understand.

What's with that? I feel like every two hours I find a tweet, forum comment, reddit post, etc. from someone who can't wait to tell the world how afraid of a harmless spider they are.

Toughen up, Internet.

Right? It's like we're at the Wuss-Olympics or some parallel version of Facebook where everyone decides to expose their greatest failings and the worst parts of their life.

donny2112

The gameplay was fairly poor, but I liked the premise of the game (exploring memories to rewrite them before death) and a story focusing on
autism-type disorders
was a real fun thing to figure out. I'm looking forward to the next game whenever it comes out. :)

Pakkidis

I Give and I Give and I Give, but does anybody care......

Enjoy the games and good luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Pakkidis:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pakkidis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky -- MB-43499C2D2D740FDA - Taken by RyanPierre. 11 entrants total.
To The Moon -- MB-2E36063B77279337 - Taken by xGreg. 1 entrants total.
Magicka -- MB-8576C25954B83110 - Taken by Belgarion. 6 entrants total.
Tropico 4 Steam Special Edition -- MB-1AB7E4B2BB91EC36 - Taken by A Fish Aficionado. 11 entrants total.
System Shock 2 -- MB-39CF10B1DEB2F898 - Taken by someguyinahat. 8 entrants total.

t1427315066z1.png

It will last 24 hours, you will not miss it :p

All Stars Bundle

Magicka
Tropico 4 Steam Special Edition
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword
System Shock 2
Prime World: Defenders
To The Moon
Deponia

A nice bundle but I own every single game on it :p
That's a fine bundle. Only two bucks? Wow. If I didn't already the ones I am interested in, I'd jump on it.
What? Is this related to that Miss Universe Japan thing? :lol
...go on, please

Maniac

Banned
Nope. Daggerfall and Arena are both free off bethesda's site. And also super old. So you'd be paying $63 bucks for Oblivion and Morrowind. I'd just wait for a sale and buy them for ten, if you're really interested.

See now... It depends what you're into. The anthology edition contains a map for every game, which... I'd personally be quite likely to buy it for. It's not sold in retail stores here though, and I've yet to find a price online that's seemed worth it. $63 is a bit steep for it though, but I'd totally pay 40~ I reckon.

----------------

Guys, let's not forget that we also have good mites living in our skin! The ones that live in your hair follicles (dozens if not hundreds per follicle; it'd take a few thousand in a ball to be the size of a grain of sand) are helpful and eat dead skin, which... Is the case for a great deal of the mites we have with us where-ever we go. They ward off decease and nastyness! They're symbiotic, yo.

Even if it's nasty to think about the thousands upon thousands of mites living inside of you, just remember: they're no different than the bacteria that's living everywhere inside of you, or the occasional hitch-hiker that goes out your bum.

The planet is for all of us! :p

SSPssp

Guys, let's not forget that we also have good mites living in our skin! The ones that live in your hair follicles (dozens if not hundreds per follicle; it'd take a few thousand in a ball to be the size of a grain of sand) are helpful and eat dead skin, which... Is the case for a great deal of the mites we have with us where-ever we go. They ward off decease and nastyness! They're symbiotic, yo.

Even if it's nasty to think about the thousands upon thousands of mites living inside of you, just remember: they're no different than the bacteria that's living everywhere inside of you, or the occasional hitch-hiker that goes out your bum.

The planet is for all of us! :p

Well that's nice, but now that I know these things I'm itching all over and want to set my skin on fire.

Dr Dogg

Well seems EA is back on my keep at arms length list. Not that it matters as they'll never make Dead Space 4 and Mass Effect 4 going by DA:I could be really fucking tedious.

FloatOn

I made the mistake of going into the bloodborne thread....

I've been on blackout this entire time knowing that the game would make want to purchase a PS4. The hype is too real guys. I've been torn between upgrading the PC or just becoming a lousy console gamer again.... this game may break me.

Sch1sm

Free tears here.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sch1sm, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

To The Moon -- MB-0E3C99959AB70BF4

t1427307806z1.png

Dsyndrome

I made the mistake of going into the bloodborne thread....

I've been on blackout this entire time knowing that the game would make want to purchase a PS4. The hype is too real guys. I've been torn between upgrading the PC or just becoming a lousy console gamer again.... this game may break me.

c7NJRa2.gif

Good things on console and PC, I'll be playing both Bloodborne and PoE come tomorrow (probably fucking up my build in both).

SSPssp

Yeah, I'm seeing the bundle again but I still can't check out. I guess I'll just check back later. I hope they don't raise the price.

dex3108

I just saw on twitter that there are rumors that Samsung will or already is bought AMD. And i was WTF. That would be interesting.

Maniac

Banned
Well that's nice, but now that I know these things I'm itching all over and want to set my skin on fire.

I've known since I was like 13 or 14.

It took me months if not over a year to really get over it. :p

-----

Top Gear is dead! Long live Top Gear!

donny2112

I just saw on twitter that there are rumors that Samsung will or already is bought AMD.

Making mobile Samsung devices all use AMD GPUs? Not sure of the motivation here, but Samsung is really big, and AMD has seemed to have problems financially. Run PSNow in Samsung TVs?

dex3108

That would sound more like the death of the desktop components part of AMD and a focus on portable/Ultrabook parts.

Well AMD CPUs for desktop are selling less and less since Bulldozer failure. AMD is already more focused on APUs and notebook market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom