• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Just wait for MS to lock down Windows (in 11 or 12), and then enjoy our iOS/PlayStore-like future.

Thankfully everything I've crowdfunded or am in the process of has a Linux version.

And? Find out what's causing the black screen and fix it.

But then we wouldn't get to hear how super duper Bloodborne is. :p

Speaking of Dark Souls II, who's nabbing the DX11 Schollars version?

fantomena

And? Find out what's causing the black screen and fix it.

Ive tried:

- Reinstalling DirectX and VCREDIST from the DS2 folder
- Verify game cache
- Activating/deactivating media player
- Playing in windowed mode
- Deleting the intro movie
- Playing in admin mode

Nothing so far. Ive even tried disconnecting the VGI/whatever after even more Googling, nothing.

Nabs

Speaking of Dark Souls II, who's nabbing the DX11 Schollars version?
header_586x192.jpg

Is this the DX9 version? http://store.steampowered.com/sub/58134/?cc=jp (This link will change your Steam to JP, so use incognito or something)

madjoki

This may be old, but last night they put up a (jp only) store page for "Scholars" with a price and everything (4200 yen). It was basically just a classic Steam GOTY page (like Skyrim/Dishonored/Borderlands), and it said I owned everything there. Then they deleted it today. I figured it was the DX9 version, but I don't really know.

It was added two months ago to Japanese store and still exists. It's just DX9+Season Pass package.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/58134/?cc=jp

invalid product code

So it's not fully done then, but can't be too far away.

fantomena

Well, Im giving up. Google is not giving me anything that Ive not tried.

Getting the PS4 version of Scholars then since Im not risking a PC verison of Scholars not working.

Here, have some ancient Steam keys and Humble Bundle codes.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Baron von Loathsome, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Legend of Grimrock -- MB-EF46FBB081C3B4A8 - Taken by rrvv
t1cxE6r.gif
Crusader Kings II -- MB-785A6DDD25DE99E9 - Taken by Mr. Doop
t1cxE6r.gif
Crusader Kings II: African Unit Pack -- MB-B0626F20EA01D90D - Taken by Stumpokapow
t1cxE6r.gif
Crusader Kings II: Norse Unit Pack -- MB-A1E6A00688DF5C7A - Taken by Woody Invincible
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-70B6809C1E605EBC
Antichamber -- MB-A26DF992B991B309 - Taken by Madn
Terraria -- MB-1F9DCE1197863088
Deadlight -- MB-AE194A18C96DD2AC - Taken by Akuosa
Awesomenauts -- MB-CC7FB56C3F193F3C - Taken by ExoSoul
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-2A06C97DA1ED4F5A
Bastion -- MB-2A56A23C9F729E30 - Taken by Shadownet
FTL: Faster Than Light -- MB-F766E07F7B7C2184 - Taken by SSPssp
t1cxE6r.gif
Crusader Kings II: Russian Unit Pack -- MB-19923CD13644666E
Monaco -- MB-5E1416555B358416
LIMBO -- MB-603387055D0F23B4 - Taken by L.O.R.D
FEZ -- MB-482573B1E343217D - Taken by BigAT
t1cxE6r.gif
The King of Fighters XIII: Steam Edition -- MB-5F09111D7E9B0214 - Taken by NingenJanai
Brutal Legend -- MB-00C817F39AC91D1B - Taken by Darth Kupi

rickyson1

ironcast looks pretty fun,amazing how many games keep coming out without me hearing about them

coming out tomorrow and hadn't heard about it at all until like 15 minutes ago

zkylon

zkylewd
i genuinely thought ep 1 of life is strange wasn't so great

and salsa won't survive the first cutscene with professor douchebag

you should've bought valkyria <3

Salsa

Activating the nuuvem keys in the US requires something like Hola, right?

dont think so. the issue in the US is just buying them

I can help with that btw

and salsa won't survive the first cutscene with professor douchebag

I saw that on the quicklook and it's the sole reason why I held out this long

game is completely up my alley but I absolutely hated that guy way too much

waiting for a sale elsewhere seems kinda pointless since it's not gonna match Nuuvem's base price ($9.60) anyway

zkylon

zkylewd
I saw that on the quicklook and it's the sole reason why I held out this long

game is completely up my alley but I absolutely hated that guy way too much
it's hard not to

what's kind of embarrassing is that the game doesn't realize that and makes him to be this celebrity superstar that's still all about teaching the kids and encouraging them to be better

but seriously you just want to kick him in the dick

Nabs

Still a technical mess?

It depends on your setup. I started getting random crashes halfway through. I also ran into this really annoying magic bug where the game sapped all of my meter. Tip: Don't use the greed trinket. Ever.

I'm at the last set of bosses and I'm having a hard time pushing myself to finish. I don't like the combat, bosses or weapons. I wish I would have waited for a better sale.

you guys already pulled a good one with Shadow of Mordor

Hey man, I tried. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=154593634&postcount=19

Madn

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Madn, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Tropico 4 Steam Special Edition -- MB-FF9E5C581383017C - Taken by Patison
To The Moon -- MB-60C9B2989AC4967D

Nabs

i'll probably finish Mordor tbh but I gotta be like on some sort of braindead super boring moment to do so

I don't even think you got to the point where you're stupid OP. Do the story missions only and watch how stupid the game gets.

I literally bought it at $15

you bastard

...woops.

Oh hey, go play Lovely Planet. I think it's right up your alley. Forget everything you saw in the Quick Look. Imagine cutesy (yet difficult) Quake with SMB sized levels and leaderboards.

I liked mordor but that's just because it does some really interesting things with its nemesis system and because after 6-7 AC games it was nice to play an open world action game that played well.

FloatOn

dude, no.

dude. yes. level design was super crappy. retread bosses from Dark Souls 1. multiple "hey, let's make this game artificially hard by making you fight multiple bosses at once"

such disappointment after the masterpiece of DkS1.

Say whaaaaat?

I have over 130 hours - sans DLC ! And it was a fun ride all along. I find myself opening the game constantly but even though NG+ has more incentives than ever, I just ain't the type to replay over and over. I need new stuff :/

see above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom