• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
it's probably low on my list of criticism but jesus christ is that an open world or just like, an open field. with nothing on it.

it feels like a test play area

Hey man there are like some towers and some rock ledges. What more do you want from these level designers. In the second area they even throw grass into the mix!

dude. yes. level design was super crappy. retread bosses from Dark Souls 1. multiple "hey, let's make this game artificially hard by making you fight multiple bosses at once"

such disappointment after the masterpiece of DkS1.

see above.
Yup, those are fair points but you only make yourself a disservice by not judging the game on its own merits. It was very difficult to fill its ginormous shoes and even in my opinion (which I posted here yesterday) it didn't equal let alone surpass DS1.
But taken in a vacuum the game is good, great even. No question, it could have been much more but I think even the way it is now, it's still leagues ahead of most competition.
I understand it is too late now for you, your opinion and - rightful - disappointement has manifested already but I heartily advise you for future games to at least try not to compare them as much with prequels/similar games. It will only benefit you. Instead of being disappointed that it didn't reach the moon, you will enjoy flying in the skies.

Sorry for sounding so weird towards the end :p

zkylon

zkylewd
also $10 on nuuvem, but will wait for sale

I do want to. It looks cool sans waifus
traitor

Yup, those are fair points but you only make yourself a disservice by not judging the game on its own merits. It was very difficult to fill its ginormous shoes and even in my opinion (which I posted here yesterday) it didn't equal let alone surpass DS1.
But taken in a vacuum the game is good, great even. No question, it could have been much more but I think even the way it is now, it's still leagues ahead of most competition.
I understand it is too late now for you, your opinion and - rightful - disappointement has manifested already but I heartily advise you for future games to at least try not to compare them as much with prequels/similar games. It will only benefit you. Instead of being disappointed that it didn't reach the moon, you will enjoy flying in the skies.

Sorry for sounding so weird towards the end :p

yeah, it's a pretty decent game, specially with the dlc getting some of the level and boss design back on track

but like you play dks1 again and it's so much better

i kinda wish bamco remade dks1 with like some of the streamlining of 2

Uraizen

Banned
*sighs* I don't know if this is allowed, but I've run out of options. I've tried steamexchange, tf2outpost, reddit, looking at other's inventories, our own trading card thread on GAF, etc.

Does anybody by chance have :NAMELESS: (Foil) from KoF 2002UM? It was on Steam one day, I passed on it, and it hasn't been there since. I've opened and crafted so many packs looking for that bastard. I've practically doubled all of my other foils.

So let me get right to the point. If anybody can get me or has :NAMELESS: (Foil) from KoF 2002UM I will reward you greatly. It will make the current bids look laughable, the highest being mine at the moment.

So... yeah, reaching out to SteamGAF for help since I've tried everything else I can think of.

It will last 24 hours, you will not miss it :p

All Stars Bundle

Magicka
Tropico 4 Steam Special Edition
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword
System Shock 2
Prime World: Defenders
To The Moon
Deponia

A nice bundle but I own every single game on it :p

I only want System Shock 2... really want it but going to see if I can snag a spare from a giveaway before the bundle expires.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Regardless of people's feelings on the games, this is undeniably true. Though the final boss of DS was much more memorable and important than DSII.

Overall I think both games have interchangeable flaws that put them on the same ground for me. The added Final Boss to DSII kinda goes as memorable and important as DS1 boss.

xBladeM6x

Overall I think both games have interchangeable flaws that put them on the same ground for me. The added Final Boss to DSII kinda goes as memorable and important as DS1 boss.

Ah, see I haven't played since before the Scholar of the First Sin update. I agree, though. I love both games dearly, for different reasons.

Dark Souls had lots of things going for but good boss design was definately not one of those.

Dark Souls 1 had fewer but much more memorable bosses.

Dark Souls 2 had more but mostly humanoid, boring bosses.

There's no comparison between Throne of Want and Kiln of the First Flame. Later was the perfect ending.

They're so close, but they keep fucking it up.

Hey, can we have Halo on PC?
"Oh, ok. Well here, have Spartan Assualt!"
Eh, okay... But you know what we really meant.
"Right! Of course... um... uh... Have a sequel!"
No no no, REAL Halo. The FPS. How 'bout hooking us up with that MCC?
"Oh, we totally get you now! Here have a Halo FPS! And it's F2P!"
Cool! Now we're getting somewhere, Thanks for paying atten-
"Only for Russia."

iosefe

"Only for Russia."
Baby steps, Comrade

Parsnip

Speaking of Dark Souls II, who's nabbing the DX11 Schollars version?
Maybe. They need to show the PC version first, and at least match the visuals we get with gedosato enabled dx9 version.
They also need to give me a deeeeeeeeeeeeep loyalty discount for owning the game and season pass already.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Maybe. They need to show the PC version first, and at least match the visuals we get with gedosato enabled dx9 version.
They also need to give me a deeeeeeeeeeeeep loyalty discount for owning the game and season pass already.

Expecting a loyalty discount? By Scamco?
1376077644399.jpg

I am not thinking about Sins version but I think (hope :p) that due to all the controversies with DS2, Namco will pull a nice-guy-card and lower prices for all versions significantly for a short period.

Season Pass for five bucks, here I come!

"Only for Russia."

"By the way, have we mentioned how committed we are to PC gaming? ...You know...cause we are."

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

To The Moon -- MB-B5DC1558890BC21E - Taken by fuzzy123
Deponia -- MB-E4A305F099449C90 - Taken by BigAT. 2 entrants total.
Prime World: Defenders -- MB-77783F414BEA9C46 - Taken by ExoSoul
System Shock 2 -- MB-9FDBD7C26EF3810F - Taken by user237. 2 entrants total.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky -- MB-CE50870FC1AC9E4B - Taken by Ozium. 6 entrants total.
Tropico 4 : 3GGBG-NE3A9-74YE3 -- MB-F66EE0ACD7789A23
Mount & Blade: With Fire And Sword -- MB-D2DD0791BD7EFE29 - Taken by Last Baron. 4 entrants total.
Magicka -- MB-F5454EBD34D1C4D8 - Taken by agniswarm. 4 entrants total.

t1427329467z1.png

Parsnip

They are charging 60 for it on consoles. At best they might let it be 40 on pc.

On new gen consoles it's a goty+remaster hybrid with all the dlc packed in with new enemy placement etc. I don't see a problem with that price.
Obviously it's a different situation on PC.

zkylon

zkylewd
with how secretive they're being, i find it might be a really bad thing like 40 usd or something

Dark Souls had lots of things going for but good boss design was definately not one of those.

Dark Souls 1 had fewer but much more memorable bosses.

Dark Souls 2 had more but mostly humanoid, boring bosses.

There's no comparison between Throne of Want and Kiln of the First Flame. Later was the perfect ending.
ehh that's debatable

music and scenery in the fight against gwyn is super cool, while the one against
nashy
not so much

the actual boss is better but is still super easy

and generally bosses were more interesting in dks1, even if they weren't all that great either. nito, seath, s&o, fat dragon, queelag, the dragon lady, etc., they're all pretty cool looking at least and usually fun to fight too. not to mention fucking artorias.

the problem with dks2 is as you say, humanoid, boring bosses that are just super simple to fight (the fat demon thing had that cool idea of the poisonous hollows in the cages and whatnot but that's not even needed because of how stupid easy he is), or just boring to look at because they're big guy with armor (dragonrider)

and like guy with armor can be made fun. pursuer's pretty great, but none of the other bosses really match the amount of attacks he has

MadGear

"By the way, have we mentioned how committed we are to PC gaming? ...You know...cause we are."

Come on, now you guys are unfair. We will be able to play every single Xbox One game on PC with Windows 10. You still need to own the Xbox One and connect it to your PC but in the end you will be able to play these games on PC. Thats basically all we ever asked for ... we just weren't specific enough :(

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

AUPeRsu.jpg

Mystery Gift -- MB-139CABF1EA7552DA - Taken by ViviOggi

Ozium

I fired up Crypt of the Necrodancer yesterday after not having played it a lot, and it's had a ton of updates.. I almost wonder if I should wait until it's out of EA and wipe my savu file

^mystery gift is either ground zeroes or PoE guys

antichamber here for you guyz
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Oranki, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Antichamber -- MB-C8875901F4EBA59B

t1427330787z1.png
[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom