• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought a PS4 yesterday and I already regret it :/

Welp, I kinda knew it was a bad idea anyway, joke's on me

Don't say that. I might get a PS4 today for a sweet deal. I am looking forward to Bloodborne, Persona 5, and whatever exclusive PS game that tickles my fancy.

EDIT: Also big thanks to shagg_187 for Xenonauts. =]

milena87

In Italy GTAV so far is the most expensive title for next gen console. Vanilla price is 75€, if you buy it used from Gamestop the game is 70€...basically the common price for a new game.

But R* did this all the times, I remember GTA San Andreas costed more than other PS2 titles.

Based on their pre-order push and pre-order tiers yeah they think that. They even included 300K as apology for delay but only for pre-orders.

Amazing. Well, I guess that as long as people keep buying their games, even at these ridicolous prices, Rockstar will continue.
But I understand doing this for consoles, because the vast majority of that market (at least here) doesn't know anything about videogames and doesn't even check for better prices. On PC, however...

Amzin

You people are making me want to buy PoE, which I really have no time for (moving in a couple weeks, still getting through Valkyria Chronicles, C:S, just started MGR:R...)

Still.... way too tempted :p

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

Would loooove to own one now that Bloodborne came out. Trouble is that's really the only game I can think of that I really need to play on it right now

milena87

You people are making me want to buy PoE, which I really have no time for (moving in a couple weeks, still getting through Valkyria Chronicles, C:S, just started MGR:R...)

Still.... way too tempted :p

Pfft, those games can wait. Get PoE now.

You're welcome :p

Why the regret? I love my PS4, so I'm genuinely curious.

Bloodborne is decent and is unfortunately the only good thing about the console.

I'm mostly overwhelmed by how terrible the UI is, the superslow download speeds (Valiant Hearts took me 10 hours to download, for starters) and the general feel overall. Everything feels like beta software. I mean, a simple function like folders/categories like on PS3 isn't anywhere to be seen after almost 2 years after release. But yeah, I can play Bloodborne on my smartphone so that's good I guess.

And most importantly - not enough games. I bought it because Bloodborne and hoped Driveclub, Infamous or The Order could keep me interested. Driveclub didn't support any wheel though and the rest are just plain boring. Personal opinion of course.

Zeknurn

zuSczcx.jpg
Dirty Bomb is back for good.

With patch notes

Get fragging.

Lain

I fear the day I get back into serious console gaming by buying the PS4, because I'm now too used to the cheap SteamPC prices.

On an unrelated note, I really hate how the strikeout code has to be inserted manually.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
sounds like you just shouldnt play old school point and clicks

not your type of game if the puzzles seem like a waste of time to you and youre just going to follow a guide
Yeah, seems like I shouldn't. I'm still going to try out Monkey Island 1&2 and King's Quest 6(?) at some point based on people's recommendations, because I doubt I should write off an entire genre without trying its best games.

I dunno what it is about pnc puzzles, especially since I play so many puzzle games. I think I just get impatient with dealing with dialogue happening after my every action, or searching the scene for any sort of pixel I can click on because I can't decipher the art properly.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So these might not be Pillars of Eternity but Ground Zeroes is pretty okay and a lot of people on my friend's list still want it. Also Ironcast is described as "Puzzlequest meets FTL in this Steampunk Victorian era roguelite" and seems to be pretty good from all of the preview stuff I've seen about it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BinaryPork2737, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Metal Gear V: Ground Zeroes -- MB-E5DA2067008F0C5B - Taken by Baron von Loathsome. 52 entrants total.
Ironcast -- MB-89768729AFF58ABE - Taken by Sarcasm. 29 entrants total.

t1427399131z1.png

derExperte

So these might not be Pillars of Eternity but Ground Zeroes is pretty okay and a lot of people on my wishlist still want it. Also Ironcast is described as "Puzzlequest meets FTL in this Steampunk Victorian era roguelite" and seems to be pretty good from all of the preview stuff I've seen about it.

Nice. In for Ironcast, the more I see the higher it creeps up on my wishlist.

Arthea

everybody, kindly enter for MGS, you really don't want Ironcast, you don't want it at all, what's Ironcast comparing to MGS? Just think about it! even idea is ridiculous
I have to win it, I'm legitimately poor now and I want it bad. It will work, it surely will?

edited: so it was Akiba strip, well, we get to play it, folks
and Ys 6, yay!

Deitus

Would loooove to own one now that Bloodborne came out. Trouble is that's really the only game I can think of that I really need to play on it right now

I'm in the same boat. On top of that, the ONLY upcoming game for the system that interests me (and that I wouldn't rather play on the PC) is Persona 5. And I'm not sure at this point if the PS4 version of that will even be a notable upgrade over the PS3 version.

Edit: I guess FFXV too, but who knows when that will come out, and there's a good chance it will come to PC anyway.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
So these might not be Pillars of Eternity but Ground Zeroes is pretty okay and a lot of people on my wishlist still want it. Also Ironcast is described as "Puzzlequest meets FTL in this Steampunk Victorian era roguelite" and seems to be pretty good from all of the preview stuff I've seen about it.
Great giveaway!

You know, sometimes I feel bad for women. Dudes can look raw/brutish yet be considered good looking.
But women? It must be pretty rough when you just aren't born with a "mediatic desirable" face.
I'm not sure was it posted yet, SE at surprise package again, this time easter one
5.49€
edited: forgot most important thing
5 steam games worth over £40 RRP plus store discounts
Hm. There are not that many games left of SE which I don't have.
5,50 ain't nothing to boot. Pass sadly.

But as a EU gaffer I would gladly help out non-EU folks out acquiring it. Just hit me a PM.
Interesting. The other mod I only know Alex model looks weird and Stallion doesn't like it. But I still have to try it out.
Why is Win10 needed? Is DX12 gonna be exclusive for that OS?
That's cool but I always thought 64bit applications are mostly desired to use more than 4GB of RAM. I'll gladly be wrong when it brings performance increases as well.

Depends. What did you buy it for? Without the games even the best console is meaningless. Even for one game it will hardly not disappoint.
I wouldn't sell it though. Good games come to every console, you just have to wait.

On the other hand you could also send it my way with a copy of BB ;)
Of course I'll pay. Tree-fiddy is the highest I can go.
So EviLore just deleted the account of some dude who kept bitching about his Pillars OT.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=157560358#post157560358
Wow. Didn't even know something like that was possible.
He is not banned but a Guest ?! You can't even click on his name or anything. He is literally erased from Gaf.
MGS:GZ? That is mighty nice of you. I actually wanted to play the game a couple days ago but I got an error message "needs DirectX 11" :(

derExperte

So there's more than one really good game? :) I'm open for suggestions!

Peggle 2 was no joke, get that. Driveclub in its current state is most definitely a worthy purchase. Infamous (plus First Light) too despite being a disappointment compared to the older ones and it's very.... forgettable? Resogun is a must have and Killzone Shadow Fall not total shit, rent it or something if you like 1st person shooters.

Huh. How about that. So we are being forced to get all the improvements by not only having a current DX12 card but also upgrading to Win10? At least it will be free from MS.
-
Just activated my key and took a look. Never seen so many friends play the same game at the same time ever.
NHEAney.png

Log back on to Steam, PoE has a nice blue "Play" button for me...click it...it's still updating that last percent (that I guess they held back so you couldn't play it ahead of time.) Now I've got nostalgia....for Win XP when the progress bar was moving but the estimated time keeps going up.

Tizoc

GET HYPE FOR MORE YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
Formerly only available in North America on the PlayStation 2 and PlayStation Portable systems, Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim delivers a storyline rich with memorable characters and themes on top of engaging hack-and-slash action RPG gameplay that would go on to influence later Ys titles, setting the foundation that series favorites Ys: The Oath in Felghana and Ys Origin were later built upon. Complete with the original high-resolution graphics and full USB controller support, the PC version of Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim introduces brand-new features exclusive to this PC version that aim to create a modernized gameplay experience more in line with later Ys entries. Among these features are full widescreen support, the ability to warp among checkpoints, and an optional “Catastrophe Mode” in which healing items can’t be purchased or stored and are instead used automatically on pickup.

Peggle 2 was no joke, get that. Driveclub in its current state is most definitely a worthy purchase. Infamous (plus Second Light) too despite being a disappointment compared to the older ones and is very.... forgettable? Resogun, a must have. Killzone Shadow Fall isn't total shit, rent it or something if you like 1st person shooters.

Alright, thanks for the suggestions!

Driveclub (or the PS4) didn't support any of my wheels (G27, Fanatec CSR & Porsche) so that's out of the question.

I'm definitely gonna take a look at Infamous First Light and Resogun though.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Isn't Ironcast just a match 3 game?

It's way more than "just" a match three game.
also macth three games are awesome :p

I played it for some hours over the last days and I think it's great!
Much more complex than it appears on the surface.

Everybody who looks for a new game in the vein of Puzzle Quest that doesn't suck should get it

Tizoc

Why the regret? I love my PS4, so I'm genuinely curious.

I think the PS4's gonna have some great games down the line, maybe owning one NOW isn't such a good idea, but here's what i plan on playing on it
Abe HD
Ys
Yakuza Zero
SF5
Bloody Souls
peggle 2

To name a few

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom